Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS221 - dry contact on O1, 220v on O2

extreme79

Question

Hi guys!

I need to use the same fgs221 to drive:

1) Gate opening - drive it with a dry contact that start the automation (pulse)

2) Control the gate light, 220v (pulse)

I know that fgs221 has 1 input shared with o1 and o2, but...

If I use 220v on "I" and connect the O1 and O2 to two monostable relay, can I go in troubles with the fgs module? this open me the way to drive dry contact + 220v powered load with the same fgs..

Same solution for another case: o1 to power 220v street light, o2 to power 220v led spot (20w).

Can this configuration damage the fgs, if connected directly to fgs outputs? Can I use relay connected to o1 and o2 to drive the above loads and avoid damages to fgs?

thanks!

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Ok.. so the following schema it's ok and safe for fgs221?

Please login or register to see this link.

In my specific case, the load is another existant relay (bistable) that drive a 220v load (a lamp).

The gate need simply voltage free contact (impulse).. so in the attached schema the monostable relay is absolutely needed to avoid gate cpu blow due to voltage.

If in a similar schema I'll connect a led driver as a load.. I risk to blow the fgs?

[ Added: 2014-05-03, 01:02 ]

Hello,

The inductance of a small relay like this should not damage the contact of fgs221.

What do you think about that schema?

Hello,

The schema looks fine ( I assume that blue wire is neutral from the grid ).

If you would like to use a led driver in place of the monostable relay, it is better to use 3kW version of our relay switch. In some cases, the 1,5kW can be damaged by strong inductivity of led driver's input.

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

The schema looks fine ( I assume that blue wire is neutral from the grid ).

If you would like to use a led driver in place of the monostable relay, it is better to use 3kW version of our relay switch. In some cases, the 1,5kW can be damaged by strong inductivity of led driver's input.

Sure, Red=Live / Blue=Neutral.

In the schema, the load after the monostable relay is, in real life, another relay (bistable) that turn on/off a 220v E27 led lamp (only 6w). Could be a problem?

In another fibaro module I plan to drive a led spot (20w) powered by its own 220v transformer (very similar/the same of this

Please login or register to see this link.

).

Could be dangerous for fibaro module to drive that?

Could be ok and sufficient putting a relay (with isolated input and output) between fibaro module and led spot?

In the schema, the load after the monostable relay is, in real life, another relay (bistable) that turn on/off a 220v E27 led lamp (only 6w). Could be a problem?
    It should not.

Regarding 220V transformer, it will be a good solution to use some additional relay between to avoid any risks.