Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino

deanrparry

Question

www.qubino.com

Look nicer than fibaro modules and have more features and smaller

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and probably allowed to be sold in every country

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

The Fibaro modules are 42x37x17 and these Qubinos seem to be 41.8x36.8x16.9 and some 41.8x36.8x15.4 so I doubt that the 0.2 or 0.1/1.6 millimeters will make a huge difference

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, I haven't seen any comments to that effect yet but I'd pretty amazed to see any reliable info with statiatics to back it up.

Plus they have wire terminals for additional sensors. However there is not a single mention of an address on the site other than that they manufacture in the EU, don't like that.

I have tested few qubino modules and there are few things to work on also...

About the cool look - I dont see that this half cut design is good thing, dimmer has one element exposed and when you are not enough careful you can damage dimmer while installing.

Dimmers seems to have strange startup flash - it doesnt start smootlhy, it first makes small flash and then starts to work normally. I tested it with LED and otherwize it was OK.

With fibaro HC2, 2xrelay do not operate normally, relays seems to be connected - one is working normally but the other one affects first one too (from hc2 interface). Also there are much less parameters and options..

Lets see what these will become, but this is sure - competition is good and makes everybody work harder. (Lets hope that it doesnt mean to use cheaper details)...

3kw relay seems to work good, like fibaro's. No noticable difference, exept alittle higher price tag.

Lauri.

yes but judging by some comments on here these are less likely to melt?

I guess that since the dimming circuit is based on a mosfet circuit, it will be working on a PWM principle, so it will be a trailing edge dimmer and therefore not be prone to over heating. But the lack of documentation makes it difficult to ascertain whether this be true.

I guess that since the dimming circuit is based on a mosfet circuit, it will be working on a PWM principle, so it will be a trailing edge dimmer and therefore not be prone to over heating. But the lack of documentation makes it difficult to ascertain whether this be true.

I also have not found any technical information regarding if it is leading or trailing edge dimmer. The official specs

Please login or register to see this link.

does not say anything about that. Nevertheless since trailing-edge dimmers usually uses MOSFET or IGBT switch rather than a TRIAC and coil (according to what I found) - there is a hope that it is a safer modern trailing edge dimmer. The possiblity of connecting DS18B20 is another great feature! The disadvantage of this dimmer is 3 wire connection.

I am anyway waiting the delivery of Qubino dimmer and Qubino 2 relay switch to play with it.

As for Fibaro dimmer - another dissapointment happened yesterday. My FGD211 dimmer stopped to function. It did not melt, but it just stopped to communicate with ZWave controller. It worked stable about half a year. My inspection showed that Megaman LED works fine, the problem is in dimmer.

There is also another alternative which can also be installed without a neutral - BeNext dimmer

No ideas what type of dimmer it is. What I can see though it has overload protection.

and the shutter supports 24V, nice!

You got me interested... What kind of 24V gear would you hook it up to?

----

Regarding the relays, I wonder whether these can handle power supplies, chargers &c. (As discussed in other threads.)

I am anyway waiting the delivery of Qubino dimmer and Qubino 2 relay switch to play with it.

I have tested Qubino dimmer module (in eedomus) and have very positive emotions in general.

Advantages:

- Very smooth dimming

- 3 channels (load, binary input, binary input)

- Possibility to connect DS18B20 (this was not tested)

- No need to install bypass with LED lamps

- Device has no noise at all!

Disadvantages:

- There is no "scene functionality" as in Fibaro modules, channels can be used just used in the association

- 3 wired connection (with neutral). Moreover it uses a switch on Neutral which is not approved in Sweden (if I understood this correctly from one of the forum members).

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

- Energy meter works in a bit strange way - the idle consumption is 0.6W, but it shows 250W on 10W LED lamp load.

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

There is also another alternative which can also be installed without a neutral - BeNext dimmer

No ideas what type of dimmer it is. What I can see though it has overload protection.

For those who are curious. I have also tested this one - nothing interesting, has one switch, uses no neutral. BeNext support told me that it is a TRIAC leading edge dimmer.

[ Added: 2014-07-21, 17:41 ]

channels can be used just used in the association

Not exactly so, there are 2 separate devices corresponding to channel 2 and 3 - so these channels can also be used via rules.

we have tested with Fibaro, Vera, and Zipabox

with Vera and zipabox is OK, with Fibaro not is perfectly

Dimmer:

1 relay

[ Added: 2014-07-27, 09:30 ]

2 relay

[ Added: 2014-07-27, 09:35 ]

shutter

I have ordered a dimmer module this morning, it should be in tomorrow.

Hope this dimmer solves my LED problems; I'll post my findings when I have played around with it.

Edit: the module was not functioning correctly, I’ll send it back to the shop for replacement. I have a friend who tested a module with Domoticz, he was pleased with the results... That’s it for now when I have the new module and tested it I’ll post my findings

anyone else can give feedback on qubino modules on Fibaro HC2 ?

Do they support well led diming ?

Are all options available trought the HC2 interface ?

Are scene activation availables ?

Thanks

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

next week I will test them with the new HC2 4.017 BETA

tested the dimmer with 4.017 and is not working great.

Wil work with 3.590

Dimming works.

Setting parameters and association works.

2nd input is seen as motion sensor.

Later FW versions only dimming works, not possible to change parameters and or associations.

Have a HC2 running on 3.590 4.017 and 3.907

No problem with Philips 230V led 4W dimming over complete range without flickering or humming.