Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino

deanrparry

Question

www.qubino.com

Look nicer than fibaro modules and have more features and smaller

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and probably allowed to be sold in every country

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I have qubino dimmer connected to regular halogen bulb and beta 4.018. Every time I turn light on to 100% it starts blinking hard - I can only run this light with 80% then it is OK. Strange thing...

This type of dimmer seems like what many of us are looking for.

Leading edge dimmers have issues with modern lightning, and I cannot understand why Fibaro decided to launch with one. At a minimum, they should have a trailing edge dimmer in the works.

I'm very interested in the Qubino dimmer with some of the most problematic transformers I have if it works reasonably well with 3.590.

As long as I have tested qubino I cant tell that they have any advantages comparing with fibaro sadly.. I was high expectation also for nef mosfet dimming device, but it seems that every producer has their own issues.

Lauri, what kind of halogen are you using this with? 12V Halogen?

Is the transformer you use designed for leading or trailing edge?

No, it is regular 230v bulb, like this:

made by philips.

A halogen lamp in an old-school package.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

this is actually quite common nowadays

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tryed the qubino Flush Thermostate and cant make it work in the hcl. One thermo and a door/window sensor appear. The Thermo is not working and the other module makes no sense. Mayby my fault but no Idea?

Jan

I just bought a Qubino dimmer, and I'll be installing it as soon as I get that room finished. I plan to use it for a six-bulb ceiling light. Has anyone tried it with the Philips MasterLed DimTone bulbs? The bulbs are stated to be dimmable with leading edge dimmers, and I suppose the qubino dimmer is leading edge?

The bulbs:

Please login or register to see this link.

Qubino is MOSFET dimmer, but it should work... I'm using one on Megaman LED's without to much problems.

Only problem is that my electricity provider uses tone pulses for switching on the public light and this has effect on the Qubino dimmer; when the pulses are send the light start to flicker.

This happens daily from 08:00 until 00:30 each 30 minutes for 10 seconds

Yes, I have heard of that happening in the Netherlands. Must be really annoying.

Oh, my bad. MOSFET is PWM (pulse width modulation), or is that wrong, too?

Dimming LEDs isn't all to easy, I guess, but Qubino seems to be a good choice (according to what I read online). What Megaman bulbs are you using? Any bulb recommendations with a colour temperature < 2700K?

I have four MM03903 on the flush dimmer, works great. except the flickering caused by the tone pulse...

I use Fibaro HC2

Qubino can you help me get a temperature in LUA ?

Now I see temperature only in the bottom devices.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I use Fibaro HC2

So far I know Fibaro doesn't support temperature sensor, but it looks other gatway as eedomus, zipato,... are supporting

I just bought a Qubino dimmer, and I'll be installing it as soon as I get that room finished. I plan to use it for a six-bulb ceiling light. Has anyone tried it with the Philips MasterLed DimTone bulbs? The bulbs are stated to be dimmable with leading edge dimmers, and I suppose the qubino dimmer is leading edge?

The bulbs:

Please login or register to see this link.

Qubino is using MOSFET(Trailing edge), it works great with all LED diimable bulbs, there is nice video with test of different LED dimmable bulbs with qubino dimmer, even with Philips LED bulb,

and
Yes, I have heard of that happening in the Netherlands. Must be really annoying.

Oh, my bad. MOSFET is PWM (pulse width modulation), or is that wrong, too?

Dimming LEDs isn't all to easy, I guess, but Qubino seems to be a good choice (according to what I read online). What Megaman bulbs are you using? Any bulb recommendations with a colour temperature < 2700K?

On 2 video test you can get an idea of used LED dimmable bulbs,

and

I use Fibaro HC2

So far I know Fibaro doesn't support temperature sensor, but it looks other gatway as eedomus, zipato,... are supporting

In the changelog for 4.031 it is mentioned that flush dimmer has gotten a templace in HC2. No idea if it includes temp or not.