Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

zwave window opener

akatar

Question

i thinking of buying zwave window openers, does anyone knows if this works with fibaro?

Please login or register to see this link.

17 answers to this question

Guest sterkwater

I have the Fakro window opener joined with HC2 and I can confirm that it works.

It has only one drawback - positioning of the opener doesn't seem to be possible (yet). So you have to stop the opening with the interface (using the pause button).

• Inquirer
  • so,

it just full open or close?

which hc2 firmware do you use?

• Inquirer
  • it's not the fakro motor, it's the hc2 that has to support the fakro motor

Sorry I should have clarified...

I'm pretty sure (the project was a while ago) the HC2 shows the motor like the roller shutter module so you have the slider and can get position reporting and set value the same way (slider or setValue<0-99>)

I can confirm tomorrow

• Inquirer
  • please confirm, the shop owner tells me it does not work the way it should

(he owns a hc2)

I have four Fakro chain winders, happily paired with HC2 in regular daily operation. They appear as roller shutters, and capable of being positioned. The only complaint is that they're noisy - especially when you issue an "all close" command

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

Note that an earlier sample version I evaluated DID NOT appear as blinds, but the ones now in installed (purchased late last year) are just fine, providing they are calibrated in accordance with the manual. The latter is important if you have to shorten the chain as I did - the opening is controlled by a physical limit switch, whilst the closing is controlled by stalling the mechanism.

Mclass

• Inquirer
  • i bought one. i guess it will arrive tomorrow and then we will see

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

[ Added: 2014-08-05, 21:07 ]

update:

the unit does work but only open/close

you can move the slider but nothing happens exept at full open and full close

• Inquirer
  • Apparaat type: Gordijn

Fabrikant: Fakro

Versie: 3.1

• Inquirer
  • i returned this info to the shop owner, let's wait and see

[ Added: 2014-08-12, 15:59 ]

In the existing chain motor has no encoders. Now You can open , close and stop servomotor via HTC by smartphone aplication or www.

You can't set required position for example 45%.

We are going to introduce servomotors with encodres during next for couple months.

It is impossible to chaing firmware.

Pozdrawiam/Best regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dz.Zarządzania Produktami/Management Department

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.fakro.pl

[email protected]

tel.+48 18 414-0-139

kom.+48 603607734

fakro says: it isn't so??

I just checked the ones we used, they are 4.13

Hi Johnny,

Can I ask where you got them please ? I'm currently looking for a few to trial and then roll out if successful. No issues buying from NZ.

Cheers,

al.

Digital Home Systems are an Australian distributor. They don't retail, but check out their "where to buy" page here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Or I can assist (in Melbourne).

I have had four in service for about the last 12 months on clerestory (high level) windows in my own house, operated via an HC2 in which they appear as blinds OK. They work like a charm (albeit a bit noisy!!). We had to shorten the chain because of the limitations of the windows they're fitted to. As stated in an earlier post, they don't have encoders, but the later ones can be calibrated after installation - providing you don't want precision window positioning

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

The next project is to fit them to the manual Velux windows in the office!

Mclass

Thanks Mclass, but, to clarify .. I was hoping to be able to open proportionately, per Johnny's 4.13 version, rather than straight open / close.

I really wanted to try out opening to differing amounts / percentages to control temperature based ventilation .. so I might trial one, but will likely be better waiting for the ones with encoders to eventually make their way to Au.

I jockeyed up a small motor and a aeon dimmer switch with a door sensor to control a roller shutter in the old house, it looked as messy and hell and worked for a while till the motor burnt out

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the stalling thing was something I could never work out so it had to be based on time with my setup, which was inaccurate to say the least !

Cheers,

al.

Al,

Think you may have misunderstood - the current Fakro does allow percentage opening, but without great precision (I suspect it's time based?) eg you calibrate the winder after installation and it appears to time the open/close cycle. Then if you request 50%, it operates for half the time.

Not very precise or repeatable but adequate for normal window use!

Mclass

Ahhh cool, gotchya.

Nice .. it should be perfect for what I want then ! Thanks for the clarity.

Cheers,

al.