Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS221 Switch 2x1,5kW Association for secondary Switch

wolfster

Question

Hello,

I have a FGS221 Switch 2x1,5kW set up controlling two different Lights.

I recently got a Z-Wave Switch which I wanted to use to switch the Lights on/off.

I can switch on/off both Lights via Interface, but I can only add Associations for one of the Lights, since the 2nd Light is not fully configurable. I can not set any Associations.

Is there a way to get the Module to work as 2 fully configurable devices?

I have a HCL by the way....

Can I maybe create a virtual Device for the secondary Switch to gain general on/off functionality via Associations?

thank you for any recommendations!!

wolfster

3 answers to this question

wolfster, second switch cannot be associated since it is only viewed by a system as a child device of the main one. You need to use scenes to control that switch.

• Inquirer
  • Okay, thank you for clarification!!!

Could someone then please explain to me how I can trigger a Scene with a Switch?

For testing, I use my Fibaro Door Sensor. It is connected to a Momentary Switch. Via Associations, I can turn on/off Lights. So far so good....

But how can I tell the Switch to trigger a Scene?? I can see that in Parameter 14, there is some Scene functionality explained, but how do I use it??

I have the HCL, is this maybe again a functionality only available with HC2?

Thank you!!

Unfortunately in HCL it is not possible to use that function, because it requires LUA. Only way to trigger scene in HCL with device is to simply choose change of its state as triggering source.