Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Motions sensors displayed as temperature

rvmourik

Question

Hi All,

Today when I logged on to my home center, i saw that the motion sensor of my Aeon 4-1 suddenly is displayed as temperature device?

How can this be resolved, do i need to exclude and include it?

Thanks in advance.

Robbert

11 answers to this question

Common issue, 0 degrees is no movement, 1 degrees is movement

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" /> Sometimes it shoots up to 60 with a fire alert... I just re-include mine to fix it but it would be nice if this was fixed...

What firmware are you guys running? I know fibaro says it is a zwave issue, but i think it is their zwave engine which does it. I'm running an old firmware revision (3.586 i think) and have never seen any issues like this.

I've gained a little insight into how the zwave protocol works, and i don't see how it can suddenly end up reporting a motion detector as a temperature sensor. It is the way the box accepts and interprits the signals which does that. So either there is a straight up bug in the firmware, or the box is accepting bad zwave data.

3.591 beta here. I get more and more temperature sensors every day.... I would say that there are bugs on many levels involved. First of all, zwave traffic is encrypted and error checked, so even some packet gets broken in transit this should be automatically detected and handled. Even if a completely weird packet should reach the HC2, being able to turn a motion sensor into a temperature sensor just like that, is a bug in HC2 that cannot be blamed on some zwave protocol issue.

3.591 beta here. I get more and more temperature sensors every day.... I would say that there are bugs on many levels involved. First of all, zwave traffic is encrypted and error checked, so even some packet gets broken in transit this should be automatically detected and handled. Even if a completely weird packet should reach the HC2, being able to turn a motion sensor into a temperature sensor just like that, is a bug in HC2 that cannot be blamed on some zwave protocol issue.

Exactly... This is definitely a bug and it needs to be adressed by fibaro. Blaming it on the zwave engine is just simply an unacceptable explanation as it is still a fibqro protocol -the zwave data doesn't change the real issue here; local it being underestinated.

• Inquirer
  • Common issue, 0 degrees is no movement, 1 degrees is movement

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" /> Sometimes it shoots up to 60 with a fire alert... I just re-include mine to fix it but it would be nice if this was fixed...

Thanks, will do that.

[ Added: 2014-08-27, 09:23 ]

What firmware are you guys running? I know fibaro says it is a zwave issue, but i think it is their zwave engine which does it. I'm running an old firmware revision (3.586 i think) and have never seen any issues like this.

I've gained a little insight into how the zwave protocol works, and i don't see how it can suddenly end up reporting a motion detector as a temperature sensor. It is the way the box accepts and interprits the signals which does that. So either there is a straight up bug in the firmware, or the box is accepting bad zwave data.

I'm on 3.590

The z-wave protocol in itself does not determine the device type for a management system. It just reports the data it gathers, the HC determines the device type initially. It seems strange to me that there would be an option in z-wave or even the HC that hardware can change its type all of a sudden... I've seen strange readings because of RF interference/corruption but a device should never ever be allowed to change its type on the fly. Makes no sense.

The z-wave protocol in itself does not determine the device type for a management system. It just reports the data it gathers, the HC determines the device type initially. It seems strange to me that there would be an option in z-wave or even the HC that hardware can change its type all of a sudden... I've seen strange readings because of RF interference/corruption but a device should never ever be allowed to change its type on the fly. Makes no sense.

Guys the BUG seems to persist in the last Alpha & Beta version too

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

I really don't understand why fibaro team doesn't take it into account.

anonymous66, we dont have any report from alpha, can you show me that problem?

anonymous66, I use it for more than a year and I have no problems with it :->

Well, that is not entirely true, because you can get the device class from the device which will tell you something about what the device is. But the gist of it is that the zwave data should not do this, ergo, it is the box which interprits what it receives wrongly. It should be very easy to fix; just lock the device type once it has been included and that's it. There is no reason to reevaluate the device once the it has been included.

anonymous66, I use it for more than a year and I have no problems with it :->

Krikroff ,

I'm not speaking about the motion sensor of my Aeon 4-1 but in general.

If you read the forum's post, you will' see that many devices change their membership status.

That's not their fault but this is due to a BIG hc firmware BUG.

[ Added: 2014-08-27, 21:19 ]

anonymous66, we dont have any report from alpha, can you show me that problem?

Sorry A.Socha,

My HC firmare has been downgraded to 3.591 so I cannot post any kind of screenshot.

Believe other users. Issues persist and they are many.

[ Added: 2014-08-28, 08:00 ]

Well, that is not entirely true, because you can get the device class from the device which will tell you something about what the device is. But the gist of it is that the zwave data should not do this, ergo, it is the box which interprits what it receives wrongly. It should be very easy to fix; just lock the device type once it has been included and that's it. There is no reason to reevaluate the device once the it has been included.

+1