Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smoke Alarm not in range

fergalmccarthy

Question

I have some smoke alarms that intermittenly beep, which i believe means that they have lost connectivity to the HC. This is fine and these things happen, my problem is that while the smoke alarm beeps, there is no event of any kind in the home centre. The device is not dead, nothing is logged to event panel. How are you actually meant to debug these problems or know that they are connected when you're not there to hear the beep.

This needs to be a top priority to give customers confidence that there smoke alarm is being monitored, or if not, to alert you that it is not.

4 answers to this question

fergalmccarthy, Smoke can produce audible signal for two reasons: low battery or connection problems. Change parameter 86 and 87 for different, low values and watch interval of beeping. If it is range connected issue: did you wake up smoke after inclusion? Is communication signaled in interface after manual wake-up?

• Inquirer
  • thank you for the response. Can I assume that a low battery would show up in HC and notified by email if configured ? Also would it not make more sense to have two different default parameters for 86 and 87. By default they are both 1800 seconds, which for dead node in particular is along time, I would have thought that this should be alot shorter period. I would like to know alot sooner than 3 hours that HC was not in contact with smoke alarm. Also a 3 hour beep is much easier to miss than every 10 minutes for example.

A beep every 10 minutes for loss of communication would make you act alot quicker to ensure your house / family are safe.

But thank you for the update on that

[ Added: 2014-09-01, 13:09 ]

Sorry 1800 seconds is 30 mins not 3 hours as per post but I still think they should be different values from each other

fergalmccarthy, as you mentioned, the default period is 30 min. Of course it is fully opened for customization. If battery level after manual wake-up is proper, make sure the module is in range by checking if communication occurs after wake-up.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".