Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

aeotec z-wave-siren and HC2

mgmidget

Question

Then they don't have a template created for this device yet.

That's unfortunate as I also have one of these that I'm going to install next week.

It is also too bad that we don't have the ability to create our own templates as this would be a win win for all parties involved.

Can someone else confirm if it works with 4.023 as I have it installed but nothing happens when I switch it on.

same problem here - register as a switch  and do not make a sound when turned on..

Added it in HC2 4.037 but I only see it as a on/off switch. I indeed can turn it on and off but it seems not to be supported by Fibaro yet.

I didn't try to set the parameters as MrMxyzptlk suggested yet. Will do so soon.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Can someone explain how what the "low byte" and "high byte" mean with reference parameter 37?   I have successfully added the siren and it does appear as a switch. I have also changed the tone by adding parameter 37 and changing number as below (value 1) but need to change volume also, however I don't understand how to change value 2 in this parameter box.  Any help appreciated. 

(37) 1, The value1 (low byte) is used to select the Siren sound : Value1=0, do not change the current Siren sound. Value1=1, Siren sound 1 is selected. Value1=2, Siren sound 2 is selected. Value1=3, Siren sound 3 is selected. Value1=4, Siren sound 4 is selected. Value1=5, Siren sound 5 is selected. 

2, The value2 (high byte) is used to adjust the volume: Value2=0, do not change the current volume. Value2=1, set the volume to 88 dB. Value2=2, set the volume to 100 dB. Value2=3, set the volume to 105 dB.

I managed to get it all working on 4.040.

- set volume

- set tune 1 to 5

- switch on/off

The documentation from Aeontec is incorrect. They switched low and high bytes in their PDF document.

Default value of parameter 37 is 0103 (hex) = 259 (dec). Sound 1 and volume 105 dB.
Example: Sound 5 and volume 88dB -> value should be 0501 (hex) = 1281 (dec).

See my post below with all info, screendumps and examples:

Please login or register to see this link.

Dear All,

Since version 4.042 this device doesnt work anymore

It was ok before 4.042 even if no template were included we can used the siren and add manually some parameters.

Then in 4.042 Fibaro introduce the template, and the siren doesnt work anymore (switch on/off without any reaction/sound)

Then fibaro removed the template in 4.048/4.049 but we did not comeback to a stable situation. The device is still useless !!!

i'm waiting for some news from Fibaro but nothing happen since a while

please help !

4.141 hc2

No templates

in log device without template,  why?

trying remove and add not help me

Device seems to work perfectly fine. I have had such a siren (AEON Labs Siren with firmware Version:3.25) for a long time. And it has worked perfect since day one. Now I have 4.140 and it still works fine.

/Peo