Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro door window sensor battery replacement

Ucciogenerale

I don't know why, but everytime I change a battery in a Fibaro door/windows sensor I have a lot of strange behaviours and problems.

I open the case, then just after the battery replacement (2 seconds to replace, no more?), I see the sensor frozen in the HC. Whatever it is the state it is not reported to HC.

Why? It is the 4th time that I replace the battery in a different door/window sensor and every time the same story!!!

At the end the only way is to remove and reinclude the sensor, but as you know the ID changes (FIBARO, why don't you give the possibility to reuse an old ID?).

Tips suggestion? Am I following a wrong procedure?

Guest fat

Always make sure that you change the battery with the door open. After you have changed the battery wake the device up and you should not have any issues

• 6 years later...

I have the same problem every single time... Windows are always open when i change batt, but still low battery.... when i delete device and add again, then is ok... Damn...

• 3 years later...

This has plagued me too. Now I finally went to the bottom of it. It turns out that both Gen 1 and Gen 2 draw a significant amount of current when actually doing something. The current drawn is in the order of 30mA, something that a normal ER14250 (ER1/2AA) does not (or possibly marginally) support, depending on brand. However a CR14250 (CR1/2AA) battery handles this without problems, despite a slightly lower nominal voltage. So do NOT buy ER14250 (ER1/2AA) batteries, but go for CR14250 (CR1/2AA). These are typically about half as expensive also.

Edited by hwolge

• 1 month later...

As far as I know Fibaro usually deliver EVE ER14250 with their DW sensors. My experience is that EVE ER14250 when replaced give 100% battery level while Saft LS14250 never above 70%.

According to their datasheet, Saft LS14250 can give maximum 35mA continuous current while EVE ER14250 maximum continuous current is 15mA. Maximum pulse current from Saft LS is 100mA (0.1sec) while EVE is 50mA for same duration. It is also important to mention that these two batteries nominal voltage is 3.6V. See attached datasheets:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I was also searching for CR14250 batteries, but mostly I get those with nominal voltage of 3.0V. Since Fibaro recommends batteries with 3.6V for DW sensors you should pay attention on which batteries you use.

All above mentioned batteries are NOT rechargeable and are of LI-SOCI2 type and are batteries that I normally use with my Fibaro devices. I never tested rechargeable types since both EVE and SAFT usually last more than one year regardless of open/close events sent to the gateway.

• Like 1