Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Anyone tried one of these Aeon Heavy Duty?

robmac

Question

I have wanted something for higher loads for a while. Has anyone tried this yet?

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Auto turn on my extractor when I use my planer, table saw or band saw.

+ Immersion heaters in my HW cylinder = 6KW

+ electric underfloor in my annex kitchen

possibly

energy measurement of my washing machine and tumble dryer.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the warning. When will fibaro have gen5 support

Ah! I just ordered two of these to use with HC2! Thought they would at least be backwards compatible from the devices perspective... CRAZY not to be!

[ Added: 2014-12-08, 20:26 ]

I want one PURELY for metering the oven... as the output on the ceramic hob is between certain values so if left on for > ?? mins i can send notification that oven may have been left one etc... not for switching the oven on and off (that is dangerous)

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Inquirer
  • I was thinking similar and if smoke detected turn off the oven/hob. At 40A l was considering adding to ring in kitchen for same reason. Pity there is no DIN module version.

Compatibility to gen5 will be an important selection criteria when I replace my controller end of next year.

Turned up today x2 will probably hook one up tomorrow to the shower so when the wife spends about 30mins in there i can switch it into COLD MODE

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> that'll get her out quicker!

On a serious note Friday I will hook up one to the cooker hopefully Fibaro will be good enough to send a little patch out for metering so i can confirm if they work or not

/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" />

I got one on the Zipabox but they did not work out of the box. Also the Vera box had (have) the same problems.

Zipato did some changes to the there box. So I don't think they are going to work on the Fibaro box without Fibaro changing some stuff.

Not looking good! Device added confirms its a switch but does nothing!

Ordered a next gen zwave device to handle some of these hopefully alongside Krikoff virtual switch i can stick with Fibaro gui and use vera edge for switching next gen devices!

[ Added: 2014-12-13, 21:50 ]

Can someone test with 3.950 and report back as betas are a no go!

[ Added: 2014-12-14, 08:09 ]

I've had some clarification that these should work with classic zwave controllers so its fibaro that lacks the support via software not hardware!

Please fix this fibaro this is huge in terms of safety in potentially the most dangerous section of our homes! I'll add you back on my Christmas card list

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the info Dean.

Cross my fingers for support in the future.

@dean,

I just added one to HC2 version 4.031

It comes up as a temperature sensor, not as a switch...

What is the status at your end? Got it working?

I was thinking similar and if smoke detected turn off the oven/hob. At 40A l was considering adding to ring in kitchen for same reason. Pity there is no DIN module version.

Compatibility to gen5 will be an important selection criteria when I replace my controller end of next year.

Also consider that none of the "news/improved" functions in Gen5 wil be available unless _ALL_ devices in the network are Gen5.

One single older device, and no new functionality for any device.

We have tested various products GEN5 with fibaro, are unfortunately not compatible. We have written to support Vera, and in 24 hours they have solved the problem for the sensor ZD 2102EU-5 Vision Security, Zipato is working on make it compatible. Fibaro is committed to addressing the disaster of the version 4.0 and I do not think that they are interested in at the moment to make compatible third-party products.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

I was looking at the next gen heavy duty switch from Aeon, particularly because it can be used outdoors. I don't have anything with a heavy load outside, but do want to include my pond pumps in my energy statistics, to see if I can close the gap between measured devices and measured total energy usage.

So for my washing machine I'd also need something like this? Can't that be measured with the Fibaro wall plug?

• Inquirer
  • I was looking at the next gen heavy duty switch from Aeon, particularly because it can be used outdoors. I don't have anything with a heavy load outside, but do want to include my pond pumps in my energy statistics, to see if I can close the gap between measured devices and measured total energy usage.

So for my washing machine I'd also need something like this? Can't that be measured with the Fibaro wall plug?

Depends on the machine but Fibaro plug

"NOTE

In case of loads other than resistive please observe

cosɸ and use load lower than rated if necessary. i It's recommended not to exceed 8A / 1,5kW"

a Bosch Machine chosen at random from their range

"Connection Rating (W) 2300 W

Current (A) 13 A

Voltage (V) 220-240 V

Frequency (Hz) 50 Hz

Approval certificates CE, VDE"

So I will use a heavy duty.

We have tested various products GEN5 with fibaro, are unfortunately not compatible. We have written to support Vera, and in 24 hours they have solved the problem for the sensor ZD 2102EU-5 Vision Security, Zipato is working on make it compatible. Fibaro is committed to addressing the disaster of the version 4.0 and I do not think that they are interested in at the moment to make compatible third-party products.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

Actually incorrect 'sort of'

One day a release entitled 4.030 stumbled upon us with the ability to include and use Aeon Heavy Duty switches! (one of which i have working as we speak)

But then the dark lord "FIBARO" popped another hotfix release called 4.031 now this little bugger went and screwed it all up again and allowed us to include the device but it could not be switched (again have it here same install)

So in a nutshell!

4.030 WORKS

4.031 DOES NOT

oh dear was really hoping to buy one of these from Vesternet...will wait a while and see what happens

They do work! sort of

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope this new release that has JUST come out will be better 4.033?