Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SUBMITTED]Sprinkler Panel - more Time options please

sitaylor

Wondering in the next release of the software for the HCL whether you can introduce longer time options. Currently 1 to 15 minutes in 1 minute increments, but I have dripper watering system which might stay on for more than 1 hour. I can get there with back-to-back 15 minute events, but not really friendly.

Perhaps 1-15 in 1 minute increments, then 15 minute increments up to 2 hours?

Another suggestion for the sprinkler panel is to launch cycles sequentially (valve by valve) not allowing for to of them to water simultaneusly, as in every sprinkler programmer.

I know, you could program them to avoid simultaneous activation, but it can be a little bit tedious when you want to increment the watering time, because you may need to change the start time for every valve.

• 7 months later...

Is something planned here? We need to activate more than 15 mins per cycle ...

• 2 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • No news?....... surely it would be a very simple exercise to add more time options as suggested in the first post....?

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with everything written so far, but I'd like to add that there should also be an option to use different times depending on the day of the week... for example, I'd like to star a sprinkler from monday to friday at 23:00, but I'd like it to be early in the morning on saturdays and sundays. Could this feature be added?

• 2 weeks later...

Also. Why can't the panel be smart enough to also delay the watering if there is rain forecast??? I can write lua to get this done but why can't the panel work this out??? It is a smart home automation product. Shouldn't need all programming.

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • any news here?..... surely a simple update to add additional time options in your next Beta release.... Perhaps 1-15 in 1 minute increments, then 15 minute increments up to 2 hours?

Honestly the sprinkler panel is rubbish when you take in consideration what option it should provide. Definitely delay caused by rain, or adjustment of watering time based on temperature/weather conditions should be no brainer. Currently I have to use LUA which is forcing rain delay in case of rain. But I would like to adjust it remotely if needed. Im little bit disappointed how the new features are not being introduces within last year into fibaro system 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My wish were, if we i.e. setup watering every second day ... this is currently no possible because of 7 days per week ... hope fibaro investigates a little bit more into sprinkler panel

• 2 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • any news here?..... surely it would be a 10 minute exercise to add a few more time options to include in your next release... Perhaps 1-15 in 1 minute increments, then 15 minute increments up to 2 hours (as suggest above 20 months ago)? 

If the simplicity of the request isn't clear please let me know and I will explain

It almost past 2 years from your first request and still no changes to sprinkler panel. It is shame Fibaro!

I plan in near future to integrate my irrigation system to Fibaro but will ignore this unfinished panel and make my own LUA code for that. Luckily I have HC2 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

• Like 1

Sprinkler panel need more time option.

I also told to some Fibaro users and they would like to see RGBW as a sprinkler. If I'm remember correctly only relays can be sprinklers in Fibaro. It's 4-channel device and cheaper than 4x relay switch.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • Another firmware release to 4.120, and this still hasn't been included.... such a simple thing to do...... [see below]

Please login or register to see this attachment.

any news here?..... surely it would be a 10 minute exercise to add a few more time options to include in your next release... Perhaps 1-15 in 1 minute increments, then 15 minute increments up to 2 hours (as suggest above 20 months ago)? 

If the simplicity of the request isn't clear please let me know and I will explain

On 8/16/2016 at 6:04 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Sprinkler panel need more time option.

I also told to some Fibaro users and they would like to see RGBW as a sprinkler. If I'm remember correctly only relays can be sprinklers in Fibaro. It's 4-channel device and cheaper than 4x relay switch.

Shame rgb wont work on low voltage AC which i think most sprinkler valves are.

7 hours ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

Shame rgb wont work on low voltage AC which i think most sprinkler valves are.

You can put there DC/AC converter between RGBW and Sprinkler valve. Or you can toggle contactor (relay) with Fibaro Switch.

But RGBW has 4 outputs. Pity that RGBWs slaves in Out mode cannot be shown as a sprinkler, like any Z-Wave switch.

• 1 month later...

Now the summer is coming again, and still no more time options in the sprinkler panel.

If i want to water my lawn, i dont wont to do that in 15 minutes, at least 2 hours to give the lawn a real soak.

For flowers in the flowerbed maby 15 min is adequate

So please Fibaro team can you give us more time options?

@Sankotronic or anybody else

Have someone made any nice lua to irrigation that you will share?

Edited by sonnyboy

Hi @sonnyboy,

I'm still busy with coding core stuff for the system. What I'm working on you can check here:

When I finish that core part then I will start with irrigation, heating and the rest important parts of the HA.

3 hours ago, sonnyboy said:

@Sankotronic or anybody else

Have someone made any nice lua to irrigation that you will share?

I am particularly interested in current weather conditions and weather forecasts in order to ensure that I do not actually auto irrigate while it is pouring with rain.  The other issue is that say the current condition is HEAVY RAIN, then I need a parameter to say DELAY irrigation for say "n" hours.  I just cannot have soil probes in order to drive my irrigation.  It is just not practical.  @Sankotronic, a bit cheeky I know, but can you add some of the above to your ever-increasing list of to-do's.  L.

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, T.Konopka said:

I have asked about that. We'll see what the team says :)

@T.Konopka, and what did the team say please?

L