Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SUBMITTED]Sprinkler Panel - more Time options please

sitaylor

I have five double relays and some other stuff ready to make my irrigation control box. Then everything is in a nice code to control it. But to get there I just need to first finish this core system part that is Main scene FTBE, Weather State and Forecast and some other basic stuff then I will definitely go further. So, irrigation system is on my ToDo list!

@lennypenny

If you just want to delay your irrigation you maby can use this on Vesternet.

i have used it for a couple of years, but its to little time for me 

Please login or register to see this link.

53 minutes ago, sonnyboy said:

If you just want to delay your irrigation you maby can use this on Vesternet

Thanks @sonnyboy,  I will have a look into it

L

Found this one to, it got potential :)

Running it now.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a field available to put the time for irrigation. When someone is entering the field then a drodown list is appearing. To simplify adding longer time of irrigation, I would suggest that the user may put time manually (as an additional functionality to drop down list). In thsi case the list would not need to be extended and user could place any value he likes.  

• 1 month later...
Dnia 2.12.2014 o 00:51, sitaylor napisał:

Wondering in the next release of the software for the HCL whether you can introduce longer time options. Currently 1 to 15 minutes in 1 minute increments, but I have dripper watering system which might stay on for more than 1 hour. I can get there with back-to-back 15 minute events, but not really friendly.

Perhaps 1-15 in 1 minute increments, then 15 minute increments up to 2 hours?

I join to the idea.

Suggestion: Maybe not a dropdown list, but easier, just one field with value variable ('XXX' minute).
And also should be added, delay time to valve (variable 'XX' milisec).) switching to another sprinkler area

Hello,

I did not receive any detailed answer. I will ping the team about the suggestions :)

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Hello,

Today I have been informed that the idea has been accepted and it will be introduced. ;)

However, I did not get any confirmation if it will be in the very next release, but this feature will appear in the system soon.

@T.Konopka,

Next season would be nice. Lots of time to test it and say it's working. But maybe others will disagree with me :/.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/7/2017 at 1:25 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Today I have been informed that the idea has been accepted and it will be introduced. ;)

However, I did not get any confirmation if it will be in the very next release, but this feature will appear in the system soon.

More than 2 years have passed, but there are no changes. Because of this support, users go to competitors!!!

3 hours ago, Arnold said:

More than 2 years have passed, but there are no changes. Because of this support, users go to competitors!!!

Yes....they promise....i still wait

In meantime, i made block scenes.....

• 1 year later...

still nothing happend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Currently I'm busy with making Irrigation Control and I must agree that Sprinklers panel is made very basic. Not only that times offered are not adequate for anything else but sprinklers, but also programming of cycles is not entirely correct.

Irrigation zones are supposed to do watering in sequence so that only one zone is active at the time. This is because if more than one zone is active at the same time drop of water pressure can occur which leads to have less water coming out from individual sprinklers.

For example if you have two zones and you programmed zone 1 to start watering at 18:00 for duration of 4 minutes, then zone 2 should start watering at 18:05 or when zone 1 is closed. If watering is not adjusted (set at 0%) then everything is OK. As soon as you do watering adjustment for e.g. +40%, then Zone 2 will start watering while zone 1 is still not finished. On the other hand if watering adjustment is set to -40% then zone 1 will finish watering earlier and zone 2 will still not be activated. I find this unacceptable. One cycle should have only one start time and sprinklers should have only duration and sequence for settings.

Also Sprinkler panel does not provide new duration of watering for sprinklers when there is watering adjustment set neither total duration of a complete cycle.

All above mentioned can be resolved by Fibaro modifying slightly sprinklers panel, or by using LUA code to bring even better control over the sprinkler panel.

I will soon offer a complete solution with LUA code :-)

For new solution that covers some deficiencies of Sprinkler panel please check here: