Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon heavy duty switch linking to HC2

trevorbr

Question

Has anyone experienced the same issue.

I have a HC2 running 4.023. I having difficult linking the switch to the HC2. when activating the learn status and pressing the active button on the device. It takes a while to configure.

Once done, it only reflects as a switch with out the temp monitor. When you try switch on or off. It does nothing, not even flagging it as a dead node.

I have removed device several times from both the HC2 UI as well as by pressing the button for 20 sec until it stops flashing.

I would appreciate it if someone could assist.

12 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi Deanrparry.

Thank you for your comment. Just to confirm. You are referring to:

Please login or register to see this image.

That is the beauty i have 2 of them

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Direct switching not working www or mobile app but when associated to a battery operated wall switch... click click

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> we have action!

• Inquirer
  • Dear Deanrparry.

Pardon my ignorance. How did you set up the association? Using a virtual device? If you don't mind sharing.

OK! Confused now!

This morning after restarting my box after a crash 4.023 I then took a look at zwave diagnostics panel!

And my Aeon Heavy Duty switch was listed as needing soft reconfiguration! (so i did it)

Next to my surprise... the switch works on web interface aswell now! Happy yessssss! Confused yesssss!

So it should work for you aswell! No power monitor yet but the switch works!

[ Added: 2014-12-18, 10:39 ]

Now it broke again 60 secs after!

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> No communication!

[ Added: 2014-12-18, 10:43 ]

OK it looks like it removed the groups 1 & 2 which is normally set to 1 (hc2) it deletes the values try putting the values back it might be a temporary way of getting your device working... also the temp sensor is now working aswell! Bizarre!

• Inquirer
  • Bazar yes.

I'm still not having any luck. Have check the diagnostics for zwave and also found the switch listed. Did the reconfigure and nothing changes.

On my device, under the Advance Tab, it doesn't have any Associations listed. Also once added and then saved. It doesn't save it.

So I still sit with the same problem.

• Inquirer
  • I also noticed that it does not have the tick box for "Use Template for parameters". Very strange and it is probably something so simple.

[ Added: 2014-12-18, 13:42 ]

No prob. Thank you for replying.

It is not officially supported as its a Plus device Fibaro have requested there development team to add it though! Hopefully before v4

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On my device, under the Advance Tab, it doesn't have any Associations listed. Also once added and then saved. It doesn't save it.

did you try to add them one by one? See

Please login or register to see this link.

and

did you try to add them one by one? See

and

Took you advice but i will not save any! not even one now... before on .023 it was 2 groups blank now its no groups and cannot save!

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone having any luck with this heavy duty switch in HC2?

Mine is reporting back as a temperature sensor, wich it clearly is not...