Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SUPPORT FOR ZIPATO MINI KEYPAD RFID/Z-WAVE

candrea77

Question

Dear Fibaro,

can I know if the device ZIPATO MINI KEYPAD RFID/Z-WAVE is supported or plan to be supported in V 4.0

I need a device to arm/disarm my Fibaro Alarm ......... RFID seems to be OK, and the ability to use either rfid or manual code is great.

Please let me know , i need to know before buy

The device is actually from Benext. But they put their sticker on it. For support and manual, best take a look at Benext website. Currently it does not work as far as I know. But I am quite interested indeed if this is, can or will be supported?

• Inquirer
  • Fibaro say :

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, Zipato Mini Keypad RFiD/Z-Wave isn’t supported by Fibaro system.

This device is not compatible with the our main controller (HC2 or HCL).

Unfortunately, we never tested Zipato Mini Keypad RFiD/Z-Wave on V 4.0 our software.

I don’t recommend you using this device with our system. This may not work.

Best regards

So for the moment the status is "not tested / not supported"

Hope Fibaro can test this device ASAP or create a Fibaro device like that !!!!

If I can suggest, you can migrate your system to a more cheap, versatile and "open" system, like Domoticz, if you want use the Zipato Mini Keypad and other zwave hardware not supported by Fibaro system.

Kind regards

Hi,

i tested ZIPATO MINI KEYPAD RFID/Z-WAVE (Benext tag reader) on firmware V4.024b.

It's now reconized like a door lock but it doesn't work.

Hi,

i tested ZIPATO MINI KEYPAD RFID/Z-WAVE (Benext tag reader) on firmware V4.024b.

I did not have much luck with the Benext tag reader. Not with Fibaro but also not with domotiga and open-zwave. I bought

Please login or register to see this link.

instead and works like a charm

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi,

I did not have much luck with the Benext tag reader. Not with Fibaro but also not with domotiga and open-zwave. I bought

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

which one works with hc2?

benext version or the zipato version?

They are the same and both don't work.. I bought an other one (see link above) that does work.

They are the same and both don't work.. I bought an other one (see link above) that does work.

i have the same... will have a play later! been sat in the draw for 6 months!

yup! works fine bit of a tacky solution and would require the use of variables etc... but it works but it should as its a fibaro product after all

I too, would like this to work on the Fibaro Home Center. There is an older thread covering this topic:

This is what j.nowacki said 2014-11-24:

"We have not tested such device and therefore can nor assure you it works with. I will try to get such device for tests but it will be a while until we integrate it."

I have domoticz with a z-stick as well, and the keypad is reported to work, but I haven't tried it (because I'm trying to stick to one controller. I am mainly using domoticz to enhance the Home Center Lite's functionality, wake up dead node's and check that all scene actions actually are executed). The procedure for domoticz is documented here:

I bought

Bypassing this is as easy as knocking the device off the wall / removing panel and connecting two wires together?

I have just ordered one... Let you know Thursday! But I have 3rd party controllers on standby!

[ Added: 2015-01-16, 20:23 ]

Until official support exists...

Hi Fibaro,

Can you please update If there is a change in status of the FRID.

Thx

I found a way to set the status "away" with a User-PIN and to set the status "home" with a RFID-Tag

Please share

It's a VD. But it stops working after 2 hours. Don't know why

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> maybe someone have a smiliar issue with another vd which reads a json-response...

Edit:

I put the code in a button and made a scene, which push the button every 2 sec. Seems to work.

Please login or register to see this code.

I added it to the bugzilla: 

So far i'm using this code:

First I created 2 variables: AlarmRfidStatus and AlarmStatus

AlarmRfidStatus:

1 is if the RFID tag is scanned

2 is if the number is entered on the keypad

3 is if there is no number or its not recognized. 

AlarmStatus:

Arm

Armed

Arming

Disarm

Disarmed

Second: A virtual device. Then a button with the following code:  

(Thanks to boomx for sharing his code for inspiration...)

Now I create 2 scenes with the following lua code:

Scene: Alarm RFID check

Next

Scene: Alarm Arm check

The code is only for testing, but it seems to work just fine. Basically it works this way: You disarm the alarm system with the code Home + 141 + OK and you can arm the system with the RFID brick.

I haven't been able to find the Home or Away code inside the information that is sent to the Fibaro system ( device api page both master and slave... ). I tried and copy the data when using the HOME key and AWAY key and then the RFID, but when comparing the data side by side in a tool like WinDiff, nothing changed.

Maybe someone knows how to find that?

There is no different between home/away in the api

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />