Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AeonLabs Multisensor 4 in 1

esencia

Question

Hi,

I've just installed Aeonlabs 4 in 1 with 4.024 beta, and it works!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I'm trying to adjust its parameters, but they are not as "clear" as fibaro motion sensor.

I'd like to understand what´s the purpose of every single parameter of it with a further explanation if someone have worked with it before...

My idea is to use this sensor outside the house, to turn on the lights outside when you are walking toward the entrance, and also as a deterrent warning if someone gets close to your door during the night. So I'm gonna program HC2 scenes with it in the way: "if tripped and there is no natural light, then... turn on...", and also "if not tripped during xx seg... then...turn OFF the light"

I've realised that the sensor it´s slow detecting movement, even having it´s hardware sensitivity high... That´s why I though that may be there is another parameter to launch the detection with just one movement (like fibaro does)

Thanks in advanced!

Configuration

Parameter 2

Waking up every time minutes when working on battery (default OFF)

Parameter 3

Time interval for sending ˝sensor safe˝ report after sensor breach (default 2)

Parameter 4

PIR motion sensor mode (default ON)

Parameter 5

Frame class for reporting PIR motion sensor breach (default Basic set, alternative Sensor binary report)

Parameter 101

Reports type for group 1 (default 224, alternative from 1 to 241)

Parameter 102

Reports type for group 2 (default 1, alternative from 1 to 241)

Parameter 103

Reports type for group 3 (default 0, alternative from 1 to 241)

Parameter 111

Time interval for sending parameters for group 1 (default 300s, alternative from 1 to 2678400s)

Parameter 112

Time interval for sending parameters for group 2 (default 300s, alternative from 1 to 2678400s)

Parameter 113

Time interval for sending parameters for group 3 (default 300s, alternative from 1 to 2678400s)

2 answers to this question

Here is an answer I got from Aeon Labs conserning parameters.

Set parameter 101 to 0xE0 (or 224) to send report to luminance, humidity, and temperature. or 0xE1 (or 225) to send all three as well as battery power. (Parameter 101 is group 1, 102 is group 2, 103 is group 3, you can individually set each one).

Binary value for setting each report flag for parameter 101, 102, or 103:

Bit 7 = Luminance Flag

Bit 6 = Humidity Flag

Bit 5 = Temperature Flag

Bit 4:1 = Reserved

Bit 0 = Battery Flag

EX) 11100001 – enable all 4 flags to report in 1 group

10100000 – This will set the luminance flag and temperature flag to report in the group

00000001 – This will set the battery flag to report in the group

(Use the windows calculator in programmer mode, set it to binary mode, and set the flags, then set the calculator to hex or binary mode depending on what the software configurations require).

Parameter 111 will set the interval of sending reports for group 1, while 112 is group 2, and 113 is group 3. (i believe this is set in seconds).

Parameter 2 will set the multisensor to wake up for 10 minutes when batteries are inserted. (Value 1 will turn this on)

Parameter 3 will set the timeout period if there is no motion detected, this will send the off state after being triggered (the value is set in seconds)

Parameter 4 (value 0: disable PIR motion sensor, Value 1: enable motion sensor)

Parameter 5 (value 1: send a basic set, value 2: send sensor binary report)

Parameter 255 will set all parameters to their default configurations. (change the value from 0 to 1).

• Inquirer
  • Here is an answer I got from Aeon Labs conserning parameters.

Set parameter 101 to 0xE0 (or 224) to send report to luminance, humidity, and temperature. or 0xE1 (or 225) to send all three as well as battery power. (Parameter 101 is group 1, 102 is group 2, 103 is group 3, you can individually set each one).

Binary value for setting each report flag for parameter 101, 102, or 103:

Bit 7 = Luminance Flag

Bit 6 = Humidity Flag

Bit 5 = Temperature Flag

Bit 4:1 = Reserved

Bit 0 = Battery Flag

EX) 11100001 – enable all 4 flags to report in 1 group

10100000 – This will set the luminance flag and temperature flag to report in the group

00000001 – This will set the battery flag to report in the group

(Use the windows calculator in programmer mode, set it to binary mode, and set the flags, then set the calculator to hex or binary mode depending on what the software configurations require).

Parameter 111 will set the interval of sending reports for group 1, while 112 is group 2, and 113 is group 3. (i believe this is set in seconds).

Parameter 2 will set the multisensor to wake up for 10 minutes when batteries are inserted. (Value 1 will turn this on)

Parameter 3 will set the timeout period if there is no motion detected, this will send the off state after being triggered (the value is set in seconds)

Parameter 4 (value 0: disable PIR motion sensor, Value 1: enable motion sensor)

Parameter 5 (value 1: send a basic set, value 2: send sensor binary report)

Parameter 255 will set all parameters to their default configurations. (change the value from 0 to 1).

Thank you very much for your time and answer ...

The answer from Aeonlabs is partially clear for me... Some of the , more clear, other.. same complexity

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

About the Groups functionality, I have some doubts....

If I add to a group a light switch, when the pit detects movement, will send to that group an ON, or I need to indicate more things?