Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

what do you tell your wife?

goran

Once upon a time...

I want this light to turn off and on, lets buy this $5 timer.

No no, check out this Fibaro home center thing, it can do this and much much more.

Looks kind of expensive, but fine, if it can to all the magic you talk about then we can give it a try.

A few months later.

So we still can't get that light to reliably turn off and on because of that "dead node" and "z-wave engine" bugs you've been talking about for so long. Can we please get that $5 timer now?

I've been told by Fibaro it's because the z-wave network is congested and that reducing the polling interval is a good workaround, I'll take care of this.

Congested network? We only have a couple of devices sending a few bytes of data every hour, and they're placed within 10 meters of the HC2, how could this be possible?

Well, it's complicated. But look at all these other cool devices, like the Fibaro flood sensor and Fibaro smoke sensor. Lets get a few of those.

Well alright, I guess that would be fine.

A few months later.

I'm tired of all the false alarms from the flood sensors and smoke sensors and I'm tired of driving home from work * scared just to find out that the sensors were breached just for two seconds. Can we please get that 5$ timer now?

Well, Fibaro tells me it wasn't a flood or fire alarm, but rather that the devices were likely moved.

Moved? They're alone inside a locked area? And I thought you said you disabled all the tamper alarms because of false alarms?

It's complicated, but when the next stable version is released everything will be perfect.

A few months later.

So we still have the same problems with all the devices and that stable version you talk so much about is nowhere to be found.

Well, I'm sure it will be out soon. Look at this cool new Fibaro motion sensor, we gotta have a few of those. It can even count the number of people in the room, how cool is that? And you get these awesome graphs.

Count the number of persons in a room using a motion sensor? Honey, you can't do that, this sounds like a scam.

No really, check out this cool video, you can really do it!

Wow, ok, we can get a few of those.

A few days later.

Ok so all those motion sensors have magically turned in to temperature sensors and they no longer work at all. You can't keep climbing on the walls and reset them every day. Can you please report this bug so it get fixed ASAP? And can you please show me where to find those graphs that were in the video?

Well, a few other people have already reported this bug. In fact, it seems to affect ALL users so I'm sure it's Fibaro's highest priority to fix this. I'm not sure where to find the graphs though. I'm sure they're in here somewhere. I just need to find the right button.

A few months later.

Is it fixed yet? Along with the other issues?

Soon, very soon, in the next stable version.

A few months later.

Is it fixed yet?

A few months later.

Is it fixed yet?

A few months later.

Sorry but I've removed all the Fibaro wall plugs and Fibaro dimmers because they've been tested and they were found to violate EU safety regulations. I don't think we should use them anymore.

That's terribly scary, when will updated versions be available?

Soon, very soon.

A few months later.

So pretty much all devices are "dead nodes". And no new wall plugs, no new relays. We have now spent an unbelievable amount of money on this system and we still can't get a freaking light to turn on and off. Can we please get that 5$ timer now?

Don't worry, the stable version will be out very soon and I'm sure the updated wall plugs and relays is available any time now.

A few months later, 6th of January.

Good news honey, the new stable v4 is available! I'll just press the "update" button, have a cup of coffe and everything will be up and running in no time with all bugs finally fixed.

About 24 hours of error 9, reconfiguring, restarts, 100% dead nodes, recovery mode, upgrade, restart, reconfigure, recovery, failed recovery, restart, adding and removing devices and so on...

Sorry, this version is simply not finished, I give up. I'm not even able to revert to a previous version anymore.

???

Now here's the question. What do you do?

A) Replace your million dollar Fibaro system with a $5 timer to finally get the job done

B) Wait for Firmware v5.0, which of course will be perfect in every aspect

C) Get a new wife, with a new chance to become the home automaton hero

D) Other?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sztywniak

You deserve a Nobel. Thanks, I'll know what to say to my wife.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Guest shapa

My wife complained a lot. Stupid house with schizophrenia - not very convenient indeed. Sometimes dangerous (a lot of situations when you expect one behavior but will see complete schizophrenic one)

Seriously, what I did:

1) Discussed with my wife that I made a mistake - trusted some Polish company to automate our home. I'll return my money back, preparing some legal stuff to "talk" with Fibaro.

2) Assured her I will fix it ASAP (she waited for two years already, so I promised to do everything fast)

3) Moved to Indigo6. It works perfectly well for 4 months already (there were some issues with Z-wave Aeon stick, finally I replaced it with Z-wave.me UZB1 (zwave-plus) controller)

She is happy, no complains. That's is. Very advanced logic programmed, 100% reliable smarthome engine.

Now she is showing how smart our home is to her friends... Finally she is happy about investments I made.

I was sold on the "counting people" thing too. If you watch really close though, you'll see the second motion sensor and the little + under the door.

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's doable that way I guess. Some other stuff in this little movie I have never seen in action though, but at least the controller keeps the room warm.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was sold on the "counting people" thing too. If you watch really close though, you'll see the second motion sensor and the little + under the door.

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's doable that way I guess. Some other stuff in this little movie I have never seen in action though, but at least the controller keeps the room warm.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

counting people with (one or more pirs) will NEVER work properly

Don't change wife man! She deserves a medal for being that patience!

Well im happy that i bought my HC2 second hand paying half the price for it... But it starts to get ridicolus. and im getting worried. I just hope that its not z-wave fault and that i can use the devices on other stuff.

So Indigo is the thing?

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

we decide what to do with youre wife after seeing her picture

Don't change wife man! She deserves a medal for being that patience!

Well im happy that i bought my HC2 second hand paying half the price for it... But it starts to get ridicolus. and im getting worried. I just hope that its not z-wave fault and that i can use the devices on other stuff.

So Indigo is the thing?

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

Indigo can be good, but I guess there's no app for Android if I'm correct, no?

MrMxyzptlk, in 80'ies things were reliable, so maybe it's a good sign?

Fibaro's mobile apps are not particularly cleverly designed anyway. They are like eye candy - a candy popped into your eye when you try to lick it

goran, I understand what you say exactly. My wife told me yesterday after auto lights was not working again to "throw this crap far from our house". That is my story after spending €1000+, for Fibaro marketing.

I promise you that I will write you every tech magazine and portal about this *.

goran, what you do is you buy your lady some flowers!

I know I love mine, because she only said "Didn't I tell you?" and smiled. No explanations needed.

After some stories about my fights with lying Fibaro sales people, not working but advertised functions and totally messed up release of what supposed to be the long awaited "almighty stable version solving all those problems" she is simply happy when I buy simple hardware like dishwasher or fridge and it happens to... simply work

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

[ Dodano: 2015-01-07, 22:19 ]

marecki_0luk1, we are already past "throw that crap away" after 2 Fibaro dimmers burned - one literally melted and made a lot of burning smell and second just stopped working. Took me a month to convince her that she can safely sleep at home...

marecki_0luk1, why not... And we could sing Fibaro blues when we have enough beers

Or Fibaro shanty (sing to the melody of Drunken Sailor):

What shall we do with a fu**ed-up upgrade,

Early in the morning?

PS. Send me some priv contact - we'll plan for some beer.

Grzegorz,

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))) maybe we invite Wrocław installers of Fibaro

I'm using 3.591 beta since it was launched. I'm missing the plugin support from 4.x on, but when I read what most of you experienced so far going from one beta to another hoping that the final stable release it will be stable, I really don;t think I will upgrade any time soon. I have 45 devices (relays, dimmers, 4in1 sensors, flood, fire sensors) from the basement of the house up to attic, car access gates, garage doors, etc....but anyway, it seems it is a never ending story with Fibaro....

Why not organize ourselves, get a lawyer and sue the company for all the time lost and possible damages brought? Let's make them pay for their mistakes. Should we have a poll for this to see what all of us think?

Anyone tried HomeSeer. was voted home automation of the year 2014. design not as good looking as fibaro. But i really don't care! I just want something stable and working. I wont be using buttons much anyway as i want the lights to just go on of at set parameters etc.

I have HS3 running on a PC and Indigo 6 running on a Mac mini and both are flawless. The interfaces are not as slick, but if you spend some time you can design your own control pages on both systems to look and operate however you want (with some very nice sliders on HS3). Also if like me you are not in to scripting, and feel that making fairly complex scenes should be easy, HS3 wins hands down over all the systems. It is simply superb in this regard with a vast array of drop down boxes giving a whole raft of options.

I have Fibaro HC2 running in Spain and am bringing it back here to just operate an outside light in my Mum's garden for her as I honestly now believe this is all it is really suitable for if you absolutely rely on system stability as I do. I would certainly NEVER use it for an alarm or critical monitoring. In fact even now I keep getting 2 sensors, one a fibber (sorry I meant Fibaro) door sensor only 6 feet from the HC2, and an Aeon multi sensor in a bedroom directly above it repeatedly showing breached just randomly. House is empty and very remote, so could be a full on panic, but fortunately we have CCTV there so can see there is no actual breach. This behaviour, random behaviour, is quite simply unacceptable in my view.

I am gutted really as I moved from HS2 to Fibaro some time ago as I believed all the glossy stuff from Fibaro, and the hardware looked really good, with a very pretty interface, but even running 3.591 it is just too temperamental and unreliable. With HS3 and Indigo you can use other formats of interface as well as Zwave, and inclusion is an absolute doddle, WITHOUT THE NEED TO HAVE IT ABOUT 6 INCHES FROM THE UNIT!!.

Well that's my opinion and I apologise Fibaro guys, but I think you've missed the trick and stability absolutely has to take precedence over pretty interfaces and lovely looking adverts promising the earth and delivering totally frustrating amateur development.

I would definitely not recommend HC2 to anyone entering in to HA now, and for a simple and reliable system would recommend Indigo, but for serious and reliable HA the Homeseer HS3 is absolutely streets ahead.

I have HS3 running on a PC and Indigo 6 running on a Mac mini and both are flawless. The interfaces are not as slick, but if you spend some time you can design your own control pages on both systems to look and operate however you want (with some very nice sliders on HS3). Also if like me you are not in to scripting, and feel that making fairly complex scenes should be easy, HS3 wins hands down over all the systems. It is simply superb in this regard with a vast array of drop down boxes giving a whole raft of options.

I have Fibaro HC2 running in Spain and am bringing it back here to just operate an outside light in my Mum's garden for her as I honestly now believe this is all it is really suitable for if you absolutely rely on system stability as I do. I would certainly NEVER use it for an alarm or critical monitoring. In fact even now I keep getting 2 sensors, one a fibber (sorry I meant Fibaro) door sensor only 6 feet from the HC2, and an Aeon multi sensor in a bedroom directly above it repeatedly showing breached just randomly. House is empty and very remote, so could be a full on panic, but fortunately we have CCTV there so can see there is no actual breach. This behaviour, random behaviour, is quite simply unacceptable in my view.

I am gutted really as I moved from HS2 to Fibaro some time ago as I believed all the glossy stuff from Fibaro, and the hardware looked really good, with a very pretty interface, but even running 3.591 it is just too temperamental and unreliable. With HS3 and Indigo you can use other formats of interface as well as Zwave, and inclusion is an absolute doddle, WITHOUT THE NEED TO HAVE IT ABOUT 6 INCHES FROM THE UNIT!!.

Well that's my opinion and I apologise Fibaro guys, but I think you've missed the trick and stability absolutely has to take precedence over pretty interfaces and lovely looking adverts promising the earth and delivering totally frustrating amateur development.

I would definitely not recommend HC2 to anyone entering in to HA now, and for a simple and reliable system would recommend Indigo, but for serious and reliable HA the Homeseer HS3 is absolutely streets ahead.

Well thank you. I must say i feel let down myself, i was also "sold" with the pretty interface and videos Fibaro gave me. But to have used it less than 1 month and having this much problems with a basic setup of under 10 devices i must say im scared to move on with this system. Also the fact that i need to learn LUA coding to really make it more stable compared to the boxes is something i hate. I wanted to use a "box" like interface when making a scene without needing to know coding. But something i feel i have been forced to lately to get anything working at all. I don't see a bright future for Fibaro at all.

So since i already have an windows server, what do i actually need to start with? HS3 vs HS3PRO. Was quite much to choose from and the software was kind of expensive? And then all i need is a Z-Wave dongle to connect to my servers USB right?

Im just happy i bought the HC2 second hand. He was going over to indigo and mac mini. So i got it cheaper, so i should be able to sell it without loss. Unless the rumor of Fibaro being not stable at all reaches out first. Then it will be just lost money i guess.

[ Added: 2015-01-08, 00:29 ]

btw does HS3 support H256 camera or whatever its called? I got an Anran camera that i cant get working in Fibaro.