Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro magna carta

robmac

this year is the 800th anniversary of the signing of the magna carta. A peace treaty between a tyrannical king and his country.

So in magna carta style here are a few demands to Fibaro

1. Be honest with us

2. When we say it does not work believe us

3. Involve us in the decisions about what matters next

4. Give us access to our boxes so we can help ourselves

5. Explain clearly what caused the issues so we understand

6. Setup a user board that is engaged to decide if a beta is ready to be called stable. Call us the barons.

In the original There were 63 clauses. Please add.

7. Think first about customers you have not customers you want to have! marecki_0luk1,

8. Fix the problems in this release before introducing further problems in the next release give us a strong foundation to build the system into the future. alandee

9. Remove the false advertising and stop overselling the product with features that not available.Fergal I have a cousin called kevin

• Topic Author
  • Not quite runnymede though And my Latin is .....crapurnicus

• Topic Author
  • Spot on, thanks robmac.

Thank you brave baron. Please add your clauses and welcome to the barons table.

[ Added: 2015-01-08, 07:44 ]

The big question for me is.. Will King John show up?

Each negative post probably blows 1 million dollars of his marketing budget so it is up to him to come to the table.

We have all the ammunition we need and the Internet is a big and bad place that all potential buyers research.

does anyone own an iPhone? Do we have anything to say in the development proces of Apple? Do they listen to us? Is their download server fast when they release a new iOS?

Do they deliver stable releases.......?

just some thoughts

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

cheers

emiel

Brilliant idea Robert, although I am sceptical as to whether King John will sit at the round table.

First and foremost, remove the false advertising and stop overselling the product with features that not available. Update advertising as they are available fine. This is conning people into buying the system and only leaves them disappointed from the word go.

Will revert back with more

[ Added: 2015-01-08, 09:22 ]

does anyone own an iPhone? Do we have anything to say in the development proces of Apple? Do they listen to us? Is their download server fast when they release a new iOS?

just some thoughts

cheers

emiel

Bit of a difference in millions of people downloading IOS update at same time compared to about 20 - 30 people on here , give or take. Yes iOS has slipped slightly, but this will be rectified, and the main functionality of the phone work, there are minor bugs as with every software product out there. Bigger issues such as GSM drop are fixed as a priority, that is the difference.

Nice idea.. Shame #3 is unlikely hence this is a mute cause .. Nonetheless...

8. Fix the problems in this release before introducing further problems in the next release give us a strong foundation to build the system into the future.

Cheers al.

just some thoughts

cheers

emiel

Do you seriously think that Apple does not have a focus group? Of course they listen to customers! There are plenty issues, features and bugs changed or fixed by user voice.

So in magna carta style here are a few demands to Fibaro

1. Be honest with us

2. When we say it does not work believe us

3. Involve us in the decisions about what matters next

4. Give us access to our boxes so we can help ourselves

5. Explain clearly what caused the issues so we understand

6. Setup a user board that is engaged to decide if a beta is ready to be called stable. Call us the barons.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

Robert for CEO

• Topic Author
  • does anyone own an iPhone? Do we have anything to say in the development proces of Apple? Do they listen to us? Is their download server fast when they release a new iOS?

just some thoughts

cheers

emiel

Do you seriously think that Apple does not have a focus group? Of course they listen to customers! There are plenty issues, features and bugs changed or fixed by user voice.

But I suppose he has a point in that they won't call them the barons.

robmac you are simply genial!!!

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but Fibaro is completely closed to their community, you must stop dreaming and make you a reason... better direct our energies in an open source project, than wasting our time here.

my 2 cents of course.

Kind Regards

• Topic Author
  • robmac you are simply genial!!!

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but Fibaro is completely closed to their community, you must stop dreaming and make you a reason... better direct our energies in an open source project, than wasting our time here.

my 2 cents of course.

Kind Regards

Hi Jin,

Nice to hear from you. BTW it finally looks like they can copy a file to usb rather than shipping to Poland. Sadly too late for you but strange how when you suggested it, it was going to break everyone's HC2.

Yes very tempted to throw my lot in with you and the team on open source and build something better than Fibaro for free but they need to make me very angry. I might have tinkered a bit and it all looks quite easy and I might even enjoy it.

Did you hear that King John? Open source and that = free.

• Topic Author
  • The interesting thing is that people like king John never really understand what motivates people. Despite hc2 being built on open source why people would be willing to create things for free would not be in the vocabulary. Have a look at this fellow barons.

Robmac I completely agree with you!

If Fibaro management was a little (very little) more farsighted, would understand that making a system a little (very little) more "OPEN", and letting the users develop and hack a little (very little) more the system, could create an leading home automation system.

But they doesn't not even allow to download a * recovery firmware. And the funny part is that their usb key get broken often and more often (as I announced months ago)... and the only solution they propose is to send back whole HC2 box and "force" users to stay without home automation for "weeks"... and after I posted instructions how to make "personal" backup of USB KEY to avoid this problem, them also threatened me to be banned and erased my forum posts... simply ridiculous

anyway is not anymore a my problem... now I'm using a very flexible and powerful system that first of all it is truly open... I still have HC2 (powered off)... only powered on last day to upgrade to official 4.030 and make me laugh

with kind regards

I don't think there is a need rob to go thrashing fibaro on the Internet, yes you heard me right, I just think it's a waste of effort. The strides the big boys are making into home automation, they will just be swallowed up with the current business model they employ, they are not building a base, they are alienating it. Fibaro won't succeed until they get structure and responsibility. Yes trade shows are important but don't launch a terrible version of your product at the biggest one of all and then implement almost a wall of silence in the forum. Hold your hands up, it will earn you more credit than the bad publicity of not doing so and will get you in the end

• Topic Author
  • Jin,

The true madness is that when I sent mine back, the USB key had no surface defects. it was just files and they would not even talk to me. What a waste of time and money.

Why don't you get them to download to yours or is the USB media actually damaged.

[ Added: 2015-01-08, 23:54 ]

Fergal,

The point of the post is exactly that. Point 1 is be honest with us. I am not just beating them up I am trying to help them. Just as the barons were trying to stop King John from destroying their country .

If they actually acknowledged they have been wrong then who knows if they will be swallowed or do the swallowing.

How is the Magna Carta coming Rob ? Was the invite to King John sent via carrier pidgeon and we hope he arrived in Warsaw ? Are you sure you sent the request via inter continental carrier pidgeon or do we need a flashing neon sign in Las Vegas to get a response ?