Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem with Door/Window sensors

laslo

Hi,

I have a little problem with two of my door/window sensors (window 1 and window 2).

When I open window 1 the HCL shows window 1 AND window 2 as open!

When closing window 1 again the window 2 is still shown as open... I have to open and close window 2 for having the right status (closed) again.

Window 1 and window 2 have a distance of approx. 40 cm from each other.

Does anybody have the same problem? Any solution?

Hi,

you are not the only one having issues with door/window sensors! I have also a lot of trouble with some of mine! Sometimes they are shown as open, but are closed in real. Sometimes you can see open/close events in the event panel but in real nothing was changed...absolutely not reliable! The solution provided by support is always - exclude and include them again. but this doesn´t really helps - it´s a simple sensor with just 2 states - open, closed - but it seems to be to difficult for this "home intelligence" system to get it work!

cheers,

alkorsi

There CAN be a mechanical reason for odd behavior too. Sometimes the double tape doesn't hold the sensor enough to push in the tamper detection. I used 'outdoor' double sided tape to solve one such case. For another one I simply used screws...

I already tried this double sided tape for outside...but changed nothing!

There's a tiny reed switch at the sensitive side. I had one of those tubes broken, only visible with a magnifying glass. At one side of the tube I saw a crack and the lead was a little bit bent. That caused random on/off. If it's not that, then I am out of ideas...

I have screwed all my sensors down to make sure the tamper switche is pressed in firmly.

The internal PCB that has the tamper switch has some flex in it so can become unpressed after time.

If you are sure they are pressed firmly then try to exclude and include them.

I have the same issue with the door/Window Sensors! I have two of those. When i open the door i see the Status "open" but when i Close it nothing happend but the LED are blinking. I think that indicate that the contakt works and that has nothing to do with tamper.

Any workaround?

I have two of those. When i open the door i see the Status "open" but when i Close it nothing happend but the LED are blinking.

That's odd... Is that repeatable? Or it just happens once in a while? If it's repeatable I'd send a mail to [email protected]. I try to monitor thus forum and I think I have not seen a similar case. But I have to admit... I'm getting old

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> What's the HC2 firmware version (out of curiosity)?

• Topic Author
  • In my case I pushed on the door sensor to fix the double tape again. I didn't have any problems since then, so it could have been the double tape. Let's wait a few days...

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

[ Added: 2015-01-23, 08:17 ]

Today it happened again: I opened one window and the HCL showed two open windows...

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

• 5 years later...