Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

status of lights not registering

bizresearcher

Question

I am on HC2 4.032. I use the RGBW for my 24V LED downlights and LED strips but the status of the lights are not registering on the ipad or iphone app, nor on the browser. it will register when i turn it on, but if i refresh the page, it shows the light is off again. the only way to tell if lights are on or off is to check the energy usage.

any reason for this?

also, i would like to add that the lights are no longer showing up in any of the event logs

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

97 devices

33 sensors

sonos

netatmo

HC2 4.032

zwave 3.67

9 answers to this question

i have the same thing. Does it register when you change the birghtness? Mine does not and also in /api/devices it is always 99 on brightness

Please login or register to see this code.

• Inquirer
  • I am tempted to do that but I was enticed by the plugins (netatmo and sonos and others). If fibaro can tell us when these could be fixed, I can at least weigh the options. Over 100 devices is a big network to downgrade

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

I had that problem on many different HC versions. Randomly. I don't think, that it has something to do with 4.xx. I think that this is a conicidence.

• Inquirer
  • It could be. I noticed that this only happened when new channels came on with the RGBW controller. It used to have only 4 channels. Now it has 5 channels with a 'main z-wave device' as a master. It might therefore be some alignment or integration issue. I also noticed that, since then, choosing switches as controllers is buggy. I use the RGB channel for my LED strips and the W channel for downlights and using switches as a controller device to output light but it doesn't seem to like mixing which resulted in some interference on the network and lights going on and shutting down elsewhere in the house. I've reverted them all to RGBW controller now to see if it's better.

The rest of the system is quite stable, which is why I am reluctant to downgrade.

Have you tried to cut off power? I mean for few hours. It helped with my roller module. I don't know why

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Maybe another conicidence...

• Inquirer
  • I powered down the unit several times. In the end I just reconfigured which helps to stop the weird phantom lights but doesn't change the fact that the iPad, iPhone and browser don't register the status of lights.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

[ Added: 2015-01-31, 10:03 ]

i would understand if it was 3rd party module. But this is Fibaro RGBW. At least keep your own backyard in order....

Yup.