Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

4.032, Aeon Labs Recessed door sensor (gen 5)

flatsurface

Question

Hi,

I'm using a Home Center 2 running firmware version 4.032.

I recently purchased Aeon Labs Recessed door sensor (gen 5). After adding the sensor to the system it has no parameter template, but it does work during its initial wakeup time. When the sensors exits the wakeup time nothing is communicated back to the system on open/close until it is woken up again. I found the parameters needed online and tried adding them without any success. I've also tried deleting and adding the sensor many times.

Is the sensor working for anyone here?

Regards

flatsurface

5 answers to this question

I have 13 of them expected them to work as they are "backwards" compatible according to my research but no! they will not work with HC2 the development team EVENTUALLY responded via there Facebook or Twitter account cannot recall which stating they will be added but no idea when!

My advice! Stop wasting your time trying to get them working

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> you will not! I have reason to believe it has something to do with the security protocol on these gen5 sensors! But hey I am not developer so take that as guidance not fact!

• Inquirer
  • @deanrparry Thank you for your response. You might be correct about it having to do with the security protocol of gen5 devices, but I sure hope not as I want to install it

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@flatsurface;

Do you mean this AEON door sensor: ZW089?

Strange, nobody place a Fibaro Bugtracker for this device!

• Inquirer
  • @flatsurface;

Do you mean this AEON door sensor: ZW089?

Strange, nobody place a Fibaro Bugtracker for this device!

That is correct. I actually had it working for about a week, but after a system reset the same problem returns.

The procedure I did to get it working was to add the parameters instantly after adding the device, then waking up the device to receive the parameters. When I tried it yesterday it worked for a good two hours, but stopped responding when it was included into a scene.