Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

GEA

jompa68

-- Removed --

my idea was not to take credit for the job someone else have made.

If you like the script you can find it on other sites around internet.

started myself 2 weeks ago, just for fun and testing.

like your sharing...  maybe bring me on some idea's 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

there are more nice scripts on that site as well, to bad some things aren't shared on this forum.

nice work , could you add just a little explanation for our English Speaking friends what it does how it works. 

The description is good on the french forum. 

Thanks for your work

What would be also nice ( in some future) to add some kind of upgrade engine for lua codes plugins or virtual devices over git. 

This could be a nice feature and maybe not that complicated to integrate.

Dear Fibaro users,

It is clear that forum are created to share informations and knowledge of our hobby.

A link to a subject on another forum is one thing, a straight copy/paste without asking rights to the author is another.

I'm sure that Steven would have certainly not refused this, but reading "with courtesy of" is so pleasant to see.

Hope you will think about that in the future !

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

• Topic Author
  • Do you see somewhere that we take the credit for this script?

I just share my settings and have not change anything from original script made by Steven.

I agree but it's more polite.

Have permission from Steven or mention his name on this thread would have been more nice. 

see a message on the forum of him.

think steven did a fantastic job to write a script like this.  I'm just having few rules and play with it, looks great.

Saw more great things on that site with a quick look.

would be great if that forum and this forum could bound more and share those great scripts. 

but the same is for fibaro himself, in promotion you see sometimes scripts, things you like to test or have and you don't see it on this forum. 

Most or everybody got the same goal, and even more to help with all.

Guest spiccand

Hi guys, 

It is not the first and will not be the last time than one of my script fly over the Internet without mentioning my name. jompa68 did it in the past (

Please login or register to see this link.

)  :-> but I don't care.

In this case, jompa68 just shared his configuration and pointed to the github version and the original thread so he did well and it is fine for me. By the way, jompa68 helped me for this script, giving ideas and access to his HC2 for testing purpose.

D-Vine mentionned the original thread too, so it is good enough.

I know pushing any script over the internet means to loose the ownership and I really don't mind anymore. When I push it, it is to share and give it to the community, more the script is helping people, more I am happy.

The only thing I can't accept is to use any script for commercial purpose (pointing Fibar Group ... Sonos plugin and Krikroff work).

Now, I thanks a lot Berale24 and moicphil to protect my work, I really appreciated 

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

I have decided to stop sharing any script.The 1st reason is : when I push a script I like to give support too and now, I don't have time to do it. Second is because it looks like Fibar Group is trying to kill developers work. No more developer's plugin, GEA run perfectly on 3.60 but is slow on 4.33 (api?), every new firmware we have to check everything because they don't give us any changelog. So working like this is not working but playing, and I don't want to play with them anymore. I just hope Fibar's developers will have more time to do their job as they know to do it instead of rushing for commercial reasons.

Regards,

it's really to bad that developers are killed by fibaro. what you say.

Just few months on my way, learning bit by bit, 

You (steven) ,krikhof , stevenvd, robmac and many many others are the top developers when it comes to scene's VD's, plugins and more.

They are the one that brings fibaro to a next level in my opinion. 

last I read that lambik made a device to control his cleaning robot....  (i don't have any) but those things are the one that make you smile,. what people can do with fibaro.

those scene's and plugins are also the one that I read on forums before i bought HC2,  give's me they idea what the possibility are. 

hope still get you support on the other forum when I need to 

fibaro maybe you can react on this ?   don't think these are the signals you want to have...

Guest spiccand

jompa68, you removed all scripts here and on the other forum ... I am sad about this because as I said, scripts are for sharing and you did it well.

• Topic Author
  • I dont want people to think i did it for my own purpose and take the credit from you guys. I really like your scripts so i hope i have not destroyed anything for the rest of the fibaro users.

So i will only share my own things from now.

Guest spiccand

You have destroyed NOTHING ... absolutely nothing 

Just keep as you are  and ... btw, I have a workaround for Google Calendar to HC2 without using any Global Variable 

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

I am using a VD, with 1 button called "Reset" and 10 labels (Label1 ... Label10). So my Google Script check my Calendar and grab the first 10 next events, press the "Reset"  button and fill the 10 labels.

Have a look here :

The

927716Agenda.png

Enjoy

• Topic Author
  • Great 

Will check this tonight. Thanks steven 

• Topic Author
  • Works perfect.  i guess you do the reset of all labels something like this, or?

Please login or register to see this code.

• 3 years later...
    Guest Forall

Dear All, I am quite new to GEA but think it looks very promising for my home automation :)

a couple of questions though...

* where can i find the latest version of GEA om github i only find 5.4 but i can also find documentation about a 6.11 version but no code

* I realise that somewhere in my logics i mess up and would really appreciate some kind person that just could point me in the right direction but as far as i understand i can not ask for help here so any suggestions for forum where i can do that?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Guest spiccand

Here is the (official) forum I used to publish it.

This is a french forum but you can ask any question in english.

Enjoy