Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Implement templates

LeonN

Question

Hi,

I want to use templates for my sensors; in the logging it is indicated the templates are available for download. And when I do download I have them available. But then? What should be my next step? How can I implement these?

Leon

7 answers to this question

I think there will be 2 types of templates:

1. Device template for configuring a device to be compatible with the system, so that is the z-wave command classes.

2. Device parameters with descriptions. Just to make the device advanced page user friendly.

The first is most important, but more difficult to implement as it can generate some big problems in the z-wave system.

The second is easier and therefor most wanted now. It would make it a lot easier for people to for instance use a minimote, z-wave.me device, northq or whatever device that needs parameters to make it function correctly. As you do not need to know the parameter numbers anymore but just select the option from a radio button.

Fibaro, could you tell if there will be an upload function for either one in the future?

• Inquirer
  • Yes indeed, I need to implement the DEVICE templates.

My current version of the Fibaro HC2 software (4.033) indicates that templates are missing for most of the devices. And since I have serious issues with stability of the HC2 I want to have everything in a 100% status.

But how is it possible that I receive error messages without a way to solve this......