Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding schlage z wave locks

Scorpiozz

Question

i have a schlage deadbolt z wave lock that i use with my revolve, i recently upgraded to the home centre 2, how can i add this lock and another z wave kwikset lock, i didn't find any plugin that matches what i need so i guess i have to add them as a virtual devices, but I'm new to the fibre world and i don't have a lot of programming experience

please advice

Thank you

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • i don't where else to put this post.....it was advertised that the Fibaro system can connect to any z wave device, now i doubt that.

and it was also advertised that the customer support and this forum helps most of the users, now i doubt that too.

i guess its time to switch to Vera

Why are these forums so lean on information and support? Why isn't there a compatibility list?

Where is the Fibaro Support Admin???

Please note that forum is not an official support channel, if you have specific questions and need immediate answer please ask support for assistance ([email protected]). As for compatibility list: we are working on such thing but no ready one yet. Compatibility and templates with more locks will be added soon.

Please note that forum is not an official support channel, if you have specific questions and need immediate answer please ask support for assistance ([email protected]). As for compatibility list: we are working on such thing but no ready one yet. Compatibility and templates with more locks will be added soon.

I would argue that it is in Fibaro´s own interest to have an active forum - hence it should be perceived relevant by the users. With the status of the documentation put out by Fibaro and the capacity of Fibaro´s support organization - I would again argue that to use the forum and reach out to more people should be a good thing. But it could be only me, but somehow i don´t think so...

Hi Scorpionzz,  so did you ever get your Schlage to work with Fibaro HC2?   or the Kwikset? 

Im deciding on either the Schlage, Yale or Kwikset.. 

Thanks for your input on this.  

i have a schlage deadbolt z wave lock that i use with my revolve, i recently upgraded to the home centre 2, how can i add this lock and another z wave kwikset lock, i didn't find any plugin that matches what i need so i guess i have to add them as a virtual devices, but I'm new to the fibre world and i don't have a lot of programming experience

please advice

Thank you