Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smoke Sensor beeps

fergalmccarthy

Question

I have a number of smoke sensors, one in particular that is about 6 feet from the HC2 beeps intermittently. The HC2 is not reporting a low battery so I can only assume its Z-Wave connectivity issue. The smoke sensor is not marked as dead nor are there any Z Wave issues in diagnostics. 

When will the HC2 log that this is an issue in the event log. If nobody is there to hear the beep, how are you ever meant to know there is an issue ?

11 answers to this question

Did you try to reinclude the device , 

I had the same problem with one smoke detector so I removed it and reinserted it into my HC2. From that moment , no problem 

I had and still have the Same problemen. Also did exclude and include. But after a few weeks It started to beep again. The beep comes every 20 or 30 minutes. So I Get out the battery when it happens at night, and exclude and include again.

Also reported IT at fibaro but No sollution yet.

• Inquirer
  • The issue is not about resolving the issue, its about knowing there is an issue in the first place, beeping on the device is not enough, there needs to be some log / notification of the event

I did had the same issue.. 

beebs on 20/ 30 min. even around few hours. 

also spontaneous alarm's.

Try everything, old version, new version exclude, include, new battery..   You name it, I did it to get things worked..

see pictures of my old defect smoke sensor graphics

I had warranty so I replaced my smoke sensor by the manufacturer

But even outside it should be replaced. 

With all this information it took day's / week for fibaro responded...  

On this cases when you safety of your house is on, really irritating me

Fibaro need to speed those things up

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have exactly the same issue, intermittent beep on smoke sensor at night. New battery setted up, include and exluded, same problem, really intermittent, can not be zwave network problems because they are 3 others zwave module in same room...

Please help fibaro because it is unacceptable for a smoke sensor... (almost as false smoke alerts...)

I have not notice a intermittent beeping of the smoke sensor. I did experience a few weird occasions when the smoke sensor beeped.

First occurrence was when I was excluding, resetting and re-including a door sensor within 1-2 steps away after upgrade to 4.032 where the door sensor does not show the firmware version. There is no association between the two devices before and after the re-inclusion exercise.

Second occurrence was when I went through the same above to install the DB18B20 module for it to be able to detect temperature. The smoke sensor beeped during the course of the exclude-reset-include exercise.

Not sure if this is normal.

I experienced the same problem too! I have three smoke-sensors running for almost a year. No problems encountered until the upgrade to 4.032.

After the upgrade, within some days, two of the smoke-sensors started to beep every 20-30 minutes. Exclusion and new inclusion didn't help.

New batteries didn't help either. The connectivity can't be an issue (the sensors worked fine before the upgrade to 4.032 and other battery-operated

devices operating further away from the HC2 work fine). In spite of that, I experienced that new inclusion to the HC2 was possible nearby the

HC2 only. Also a high battery power-consumption showed-up. It's realy an anoying thing. It seems that Fibaro doesn't acknowledge the problem

although many other users are experiencing the same problem. I'm getting tired about the endless chain of problems as a result of the upgrade towards

4.032. I guess that the Fibaro guys know that reputation comes slowly and vanishes quickly? This is a rubish upgrade (more or less a downgrade....)

It's time for Fibaro to take these things serious!

1x Fibaro HC2

11x Honeywell LC connect Radiator thermostat

3x Everspring AN157 Switch module

3x Philiotech PAN06 Switch module 

3x Fibaro FGSS-001 Smoke-sensor

2x Philiotech HAC01 Remote module

2x Everspring SP103 Motion Sensor

3x Vision ZD2102EU Door Sensor

3x Fibaro FGWPE/F-101 Wallplug

3x Fibaro FGRM-222 Roller shutter

7x Fibaro FGS-221 Relay switch

1x Vision ZS6301EU CO detector

4x Aeotec Multisensor

3x Fibaro FGK-101-107 Door switch

4x IP-camera

3x Fibaro FGD-211 Dimmer

2x Aeotec Keyfob

1x Secure SRT321 Thermostat

1x Greenwave NP310F Multi-socket switch

1x Everspring AN158 Switch module

1x Benext Dimmer module

2x Aeotec Z-wave range extender

3x Fibaro FGBS-001 Universal sensor

I have a number of smoke sensors, one in particular that is about 6 feet from the HC2 beeps intermittently. The HC2 is not reporting a low battery so I can only assume its Z-Wave connectivity issue. The smoke sensor is not marked as dead nor are there any Z Wave issues in diagnostics. 

When will the HC2 log that this is an issue in the event log. If nobody is there to hear the beep, how are you ever meant to know there is an issue ?

Hello,

I have the similar problems, even worse. I included 10 FGSS-001 into a new HC 2 running 4.037. Because of many problems with the 4.0 system, I excluded the sensors, recovered to 3.600, and included again. But the smoke sendor problem still continues. The all show battery alarm, thpough they habe new batteries or even a 12V-DC device. What to do with this choir of beeping smoke sendors ?

Thanks,

Klaus

Hello,

I have the similar problems, even worse. I included 10 FGSS-001 into a new HC 2 running 4.037. Because of many problems with the 4.0 system, I excluded the sensors, recovered to 3.600, and included again. But the smoke sendor problem still continues. The all show battery alarm, thpough they habe new batteries or even a 12V-DC device. What to do with this choir of beeping smoke sendors ?

Thanks,

Klaus

Berlin, Germany

Just don't buy these products they are utterly rubbish. Mine has been beeping every few days after installing a brand new battery. Contacted support and they litterally said "I am afraid that there is no possibility for me to help you." wanted me to post the item all the way back to Poland from Australia with no advice as to what would be done about it. The postage would amount to more than the value of the device. Get something else.

I have 3 Fibaro smoke sensors and they are beeping only as expected when HC2 is down (no z-wave gateway connection) or when battery is almost empty. They are also tested with burned toast :-D