Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Forum "maze"

D-Vine

It's not really a maze but it could be better i think..

I notice myself that when i was looking for device or scene looking and looking in this forum, also hopping from this section to other.

smoke detector is on 3 different sections, ip cam's on 2, scene's are in scenes, power users, and so on.

would be better if all scene's are really in the scene's section ?

And maybe an idea that some scene's of our big lua programmers get star rating and always on top?

this way we and fibaro show some appreciation of the hard and good work of these guy's do and the rest could benefit without searching a live time for a solution.

Besides this, when unknown people search this forum the directly see the potential of the system

think is a win win for all.

For the forum would be great if a section got sub of the modules, section of IP cam's and so on.

this way all discussion of for instance a smoke detector are under "smoke detector" with topics about graphics, working, errors and so on.

Also for IP cams, sub- all kinds of manufacturers - maybe sub cam type

I know all this came from the old forum but i think little clean up, categorize would be great for everybody 

Or other idea's to improve, now its the time with the new great forum...

We are about to tidy this place up a little but, when it comes to international forum we have one last forum to clean up and a big thread (Power Users) to divide into new structure. But please note that in this forum only there are 100 pages and thousands of topics and it may take a while. Also it may take some time until users get used to new structure and start to use tags, proper forums and so on. Some of them already got sticky with rules and more will come soon. To many divisions may introduce even more confusion, lets say you have Smoke Sensor and associated it with Relay Switch and it does not work, to which forum would you post your topic? Now you just put it in Modules one in Community Support and assign tags "FGSS-001" and "FGS-221".

We are about to tidy this place up a little but, when it comes to international forum we have one last forum to clean up and a big thread (Power Users) to divide into new structure. But please note that in this forum only there are 100 pages and thousands of topics and it may take a while. Also it may take some time until users get used to new structure and start to use tags, proper forums and so on. Some of them already got sticky with rules and more will come soon. To many divisions may introduce even more confusion, lets say you have Smoke Sensor and associated it with Relay Switch and it does not work, to which forum would you post your topic? Now you just put it in Modules one in Community Support and assign tags "FGSS-001" and "FGS-221".

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to an even more useful forum...

• Topic Author
  • thanks for the reply mister nowacki.

I know it's lots of work and difficult, most thins are fine, but idea's for improvement are always good to hear

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

when it comes to combination of modules it's hard to decide, think you always could discus where it should be...

hope you take the scene's idea with you.....

• 3 years later...

You are my helper I want to thank you so much for imparting to me.

Edited by Lanezern