Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion Sensor LUX and temprature

Svartbacken

Question

Hi

I have just bought a Fibaro Home Center 2 (4.035) and have trouble getting a fibaro Motion Sensor (2.6) to work correctly. The motion sensor seem to work ok but the temperature and LUX meter don’t. They freezes with the value that they had when I added the senor to the system. I have tried to remove and add the sensor again. I have tried waking and resetting the senor but with no luck. Is the senor broken or am I doing something wrong.

I'm currently using Fibaro Motion Sensor(2.6) with my HC2(4.035). It's working all fine. 

After adding the module, did you try waking the sensor up and let the zwave network get settled down?

By waking up your sensor, I guess the values of temperature and lux will change. 

I'm currently using differences of 0.1 for my temperature and 1 for my lux. In this way I see the update more prompt than the default.

• Inquirer
  • Yes I have tried to wake the sensor and I can see in the HC2 that it connects and downloads settings. I am thinking about to buy another sensor to have something to compare with.

What are the numbers of the parameters that you have changed?

try exclude the motion sensor, and then new include. 

wait till motion is (with default) running well.

You have to wake up the device after include 

then set parameters 42 till 64 what you want. (this is lux level , temp. and interval of it)

I got for one  42 - 900, (or 1200) ,  60 -1,  62 - 1800, 64 - 1500.  (others are in that range also, sometimes little more or often )

But you can change if you want to see temperature change more often of course.

I don't push temperature that much because of smoke sensors, or others.  Also lux level that much,  (save also battery) 

Lux value it depends on the room.

when setting to low the settings, the motion can be to busy, or z-wave is busy. 

• Inquirer
  • I change the values and did a few wakeups, but still the same freeze of temperature and LUX. I even moved my HC2 so it’s now 2-3 meters from the sensor. At first it looked like it worked but then it stopped reporting temp and LUX again. It seems like when I do a wake up it actually reports back correct data.

Do any of you have more than on Fibaro Motion Sensor? If so is the behavior the same for all sensors or is in just one that has problems?

The motion sensors I have are purely Fibaro ones. So far no issue running on HC2 4.032, 4.033, 4.035. I did have to exclude and re-include all of them back with 4.032 after update from 3.600 as the devices' firmware is not showing and there are some strange intermittent problems. After the exclude and re-include, no more issues and been working almost fine (except bug 2762).

Here are the parameters which I have changed from default ones:

Para 1 - 9

Para 6 - 60

Para 40 - 15

Para 42 - 3600

Para 64 - 3600

Para 86 - 25

Para 87 - 35

I have scenes which are dependent on the lux of the motion sensors and so far so good, not much of an issue except occasional flicking of lights on and off within 1-2 seconds which I have not determine if it is due to the scenes' logic using lux as trigger.

• Inquirer
  • I have now bought another Fibaro motion sensor. And I have now got both to work correctly. I change 1 or 2 parameters did a device wakeup change 1 or 2 new and did device wakeup and so on.

This is the parameters and values I use right now:

1, 10

2, 15

3, 2

4, 12

6, 30

8, The PIR sensor is always active.

9, 200

12, BASIC ON and BASIC OFF

14, 255

16, 0

20, 15

22, 30

24, The tamper violation is reported in the Sensor Alarm class. Tamper alarm cancellation inactive.

26, Tamper alarm is not reported in broadcast mode.

40, 15

42, 3600

60, 1

62, 3600

64, 3600

66, 0

80, Signaling disabled

81, 50

82, 100

83, 1000

86, 18

87, 28

89, Tamper violation signal with LED light

@OP I had same issues with one motion sensor.

When looking at the config closely it seems association grp 1 and 2 are empty.

only grp 3 was associated to (1)  (the HC2)

I know that hc2 only needs grp 3 assosiation, but after adding hc2 to grp 1, 2 and 3 all started to work again and lux was fine again.

btw im talking version 4035 here, problems started for me after upgrading from 4033

• Inquirer
  • If I look at mine group 1 and 2 is empty. If i get any problems again I will try changing group 1 and 2 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

After upgrading from 4.032 to 4.036 I am experiencing lots of problems. All sensors, dimmers, relays etc needed reconfiguring etc. But now the LUX sensor doesn't change value as it is supposed to.

Why?  Parameters are set as before : param. 40 to 1 (as low as this but tried higher figures also 15) or changed parameter 42 to 5s or lower or higher but still doesn't do the job.  All asoc.groups are set to no1. It seems to react to light more upwards when changing to brighter (when I turn the light on) but never goes down to 0 if I switch the light off. If I do it gradually it will go down but never to 0. Then it gets stuck. Please help. So now my scenes don't work as the light level doesn't change as it is supposed to.

Before the upgrade all was working fine. I have 5no sensors and all don't work. Please help.

I have of course removed and added the motion sensor from/to HC2 but still no luck. It seems to change values gradually but if the light level is for example 50 and then you put your hand over the sensor it should change value to 0 (like it used to) but instead it will stay at value 50. But if I start reducing the light level very slowly it will be changing the values for example to 48 then 36 and so on. But this isn't good as if it is dark you want to run a scene to turn the light on when the motion is detected. This will happen. But when the scene will switch light off the light level of the sensor wont change. This means when you re-enter the room the light wont come on even it is dark

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

Just sharing observation and insights gained from discussions in forum.

It seems that whenever a supported device, eg. Fibaro Motion Sensor does not display its version (in GUI), there is a high chance the device will not operate 100% normally.

A few thread of discussions (eg. with petergebruers and others as well) seems to indicate that whenever the device firmware version is missing, some of the 'interfaces' parameter has missing values in the Devices API (

Please login or register to see this link.

IP>/api/devices/<device ID>). The 'interfaces' parameter seems to be z-wave classes or functions. If some of the values are missing, it may explains why some of the functions or behaviour of the device is not working or crippled.

The below string of 'interfaces' is what a full functional Fibaro Motion Sensor with 2.6 device firmware should have.

Please login or register to see this code.

Courtesy of petergebruers, a comparison of all his wall plugs was done (below):

This is non-conclusive. It is still much in discussion across several threads. Just an observation and possibly a direction that is worth exploring to better understand behaviour of Fibaro HC2 with its v4 series of firmware.

Just sharing observation and insights gained from discussions in forum.

It seems that whenever a supported device, eg. Fibaro Motion Sensor does not display its version (in GUI), there is a high chance the device will not operate 100% normally.

A few thread of discussions (eg. with petergebruers and others as well) seems to indicate that whenever the device firmware version is missing, some of the 'interfaces' parameter has missing values in the Devices API (

Please login or register to see this link.

IP>/api/devices/<device ID>). The 'interfaces' parameter seems to be z-wave classes or functions. If some of the values are missing, it may explains why some of the functions or behaviour of the device is not working or crippled.

The below string of 'interfaces' is what a full functional Fibaro Motion Sensor with 2.6 device firmware should have.

Courtesy of petergebruers, a comparison of all his wall plugs was done (below):

This is non-conclusive. It is still much in discussion across several threads. Just an observation and possibly a direction that is worth exploring to better understand behaviour of Fibaro HC2 with its v4 series of firmware.

Thank you for your tips. My Motion sensor interface showing:

So this doesn't 100% match what you have sent in your message.

How would I change this? I couldn't edit it.

Thanks

BTW still doesn't work. The LUX just wont change values correctly which is a real bugger

Thank you for your tips. My Motion sensor interface showing:

So this doesn't 100% match what you have sent in your message.

How would I change this? I couldn't edit it.

Thanks

BTW still doesn't work. The LUX just wont change values correctly which is a real bugger

The rule of thumb (with v4.03x firmware) is to try 'soft reconfigure' first and see if it resolves the issue, else try 'reconfigure' and see if it resolves, if not, last resort is 'exclude-reinclude'.

I have come to learn this rule of thumb since 4.032 onwards with each release. Oh, two observations to share:

1. 'Soft Reconfigure' and 'Reconfigure' almost never work with devices that is listed as 'Devices without Template'.

2. 'Soft Reconfigure' and 'Reconfigure' for battery-operated devices, it is best to have it handy as it works better when you can activate it (eg. triple-click B-button for Fibaro motion sensors). So does changing any parameter for battery-operated devices, use the B-button to activate the device right after saving the change, else the parameter may get queued in HC2 but never deliver to the device and for hours or days, the parameter change just disappear and never take effect on the device.

Interesting....jkudata, looks like mine has missing ""tamper" and "zwaveFirmwareUpdate". Let me recheck all my Fibaro motion sensors again. Hope updating to 4.037 didn't break them again.

Parent (hidden) Device:

Child Device - Motion Sensor

Child Device - Temperature Sensor

Child Device - Light Sensor

Child Device - Seismometer (hidden)

Edited by chaicka

Thanks for your tips - but I have gone through these before getting into forum.

I have soft reconfigured and even reconfigured (this then deletes all saved parameters and associations to rooms etc).

Then I have excluded the device and included again.

I of course changed all parameters and updated them with HC2 - I know how to do this.

Below is what my parameters are.

1, 10

2, 15

3, 2

4, 12

6, 30

8, The PIR sensor is always active.

9, 200

12, BASIC ON and BASIC OFF

14, 255

16, 0

20, 15

22, 30

24, The tamper violation is reported in the Sensor Alarm class. Tamper alarm cancellation inactive.

26, Tamper alarm is not reported in broadcast mode.

40, 5 ------------- I have tried other numbers just to see what happens but not much

42, 300 ----------The same as above I tried from 0 to 60 and so on. On other devices I have left different setting but still same problem.

60, 1

62, 900

64, 0

66, 0

80, Colour depends on the temperature. Adjustable with 86 and 87 parameters.

81, 50

82, 100

83, 1000

86, 18

87, 28

89, Tamper violation signal with LED light

Same problem persists - the LUX level will never go down to 0. It doesn't react to sudden changes.

It will react to some changes in light if they aren't sudden.

Never had this problem before upgrading from 4.032 to 4.036.

I have also tried restoring to when it was working but no effect ( I guess when upgrading to different version it will not do much for you as it cannot revert back to earlier version).

Hmmm...Perhaps something got changed in 4.036 and 4.037. Check out my bug 2762. I am observing weird behaviour of motion sensors' lux detection since 4.036 too.