Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino dimmer will not stop flashing/blinking the light!

gabbah

Question

I have installed a Qubino dimmer, and added it in fibaro web console.

Fibaro detects the dimmer, but also another device which it thinks is a motion sensor.
When I switch the dimmer "ON" in fibaro, the light goes on, however it blinks on and off every second, and after that I can't make it stop blinking no matter what I do in fibaro.
Even when I switch off the current to the dimmer/light, and then turn it on again, the blinking instantly starts again.

This happened with version 3.x of fibaro (think it was 3.5 or something, can't remember), and then same thing after upgrade to version 4.035. I deleted and readded the dimmer in fibaro.

As far as I understand, the Qubino dimmer should work fine with fibaro, and specificly with latest fibaro version, for which one of the updates notes was "added Qubino dimmer template".

So what can I do?

/Gabriel

14 answers to this question

I am no expert in this area, just sharing my experience and what I learnt from my supplier.

What kind of light is the Qubino dimmer controlling? LED?

Have you tried to control the brightness of the light?

I have experienced and seen (with Fibaro dimmer module) that at certain brightness, LED light will flicker/blink non-stop whereas at certain brightness, it is stable for a long time before it starts flicker/blink once or twice.

Put a fibaro bypass?? 

For my case, the bypass didn't work/help. Intend to try Qubino dimmer due to its MOSET but the lack of template in HC2 4.03x is delaying the UAT intended.

Old Qubino (not S5) dimmers worked perfectly in 3.590, even though they added the template it doesnt work properly in 4035.

Cant set parameters and i cant see any template in place.

Light status is incorrect, removing and readding also doent work.

Hope they wil fix it in next version.

Allways hate it when stuff works in previous versions and suddenly stop working.

• Inquirer
  • What kind of light is the Qubino dimmer controlling? LED?

Have you tried to control the brightness of the light?

I have experienced and seen (with Fibaro dimmer module) that at certain brightness, LED light will flicker/blink non-stop whereas at certain brightness, it is stable for a long time before it starts flicker/blink once or twice.

Kind: halogen.

Yes, tried to control the brightness. However, as soon as I turned the light ON, the blinking started and it goes on forever, until I cut the power. If I remove the device it doesn't even matter; as soon as power is back on the blinking starts. So basically I have no control over the dimmer.

To add to this, I tried connectring the other dimmer (I bought two Qubino dimmers). That resulted in fibaro discovering a Switch rather than a dimmer, and three motions sensors, and one temperature sensor. Totally weird. If I turned the switch on, the blinking started again.

Also, now I saw a warning triange in the fibaro interface, which I clicked, and saw a message about not finding a template... and that I can download the template so I can send it to Fibaro support.... :/

So totally different behaviour with two dimmers connected in the exact samme manner...

Got a Qubino dimmer today, and I'm testing it now with two halogen 12v lights. Both having electronic transformers.  Neither Fibaro or Aeon dimmer worked well with them. Blinking at certain levels.

The Qubino seems superior. Steady light from 0 to 100% so far. Even a 12v replacement LED bulb (instead of halogen) works fine (thus making less load for the transformer).

Using HC2 v4037.

All bulbs (led/energy saving/halogen (suitable for dimming)) i have tried till now work great with qubino mosfet dimmers.

and best is no buzzing noise!

Only drawback is that they need a neutral wire.

Only thing needed is a working template for hc2 so its shows the correct light state but if you can live with not setting parameters or incorrect light state its usable allready in 4037.

I use checking for the amount of wats used to see if its turned on or off in scenes

I'm using a "Qubino Flush dimmer" version 1.12. I've tested it with halogen, dimmable LED and dimmable CFL. The Fibaro bypass has been designed to work with a "2-wire setup" but that setup is impossiblewith a Qubino, it's always a 3-wire, so a bypass doesn't apply. I don't want to sound blunt but are you sticking 100% to the wiring diagram recommended by Qubino? Not the Fibaro one? Otherwise put: If you put a voltmeter between L and N on the module, when the lamp flickers, do you have a 230 V AC steady voltage? If everything seems OK... maybe we are talking different products here. Mine is listed in the manual as ZMNHDA followed by a number debendion on the region (radio frequency)

All bulbs (led/energy saving/halogen (suitable for dimming)) i have tried till now work great with qubino mosfet dimmers.

Only thing needed is a working template for hc2 so its shows the correct light state but if you can live with not setting parameters or incorrect light state its usable allready in 4037.

I use checking for the amount of wats used to see if its turned on or off in scenes

Serious?

Thanks for sharing...Looks like time to visit my supplier to have this Qubino Dimmer.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

True! No noise heard from dimmer or transfomer.

It works in an IT supply settings too, where theres no L and N, only L1,L2 - approx 130v between L and earth.

I have an impulse switch on the wall to turn on-off and dim the light also.

Tempted to buy a few more. They are small in size too, and offers an option for attaching a temperature sensor.

Serious?

Thanks for sharing...Looks like time to visit my supplier to have this Qubino Dimmer.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Btw im using the 1.12 versions of the dimmer

and also im pretty sure the temperature sensor with the qubino isnt supported in HC2

and ofc all lights tested are dimmer compatible

Do you have some kind of problems with the qubino dimmer in the HC2? I saw somewhere on the forum that when updated to the newest firmware in the HC2 the dimmer appears as a thermostat?! And what about the association between few qubino dimmers? Can we dim like 4 of them at once by associating them?

Qubino came with "Push button" configuration value as default. If using toggle switch, you should change Configuration Parameter "1: In-vall Switch Type for Load to control I1" to "Toggle switch". Worked fine for me afterwards.

Qubino came with "Push button" configuration value as default. If using toggle switch, you should change Configuration Parameter "1: In-vall Switch Type for Load to control I1" to "Toggle switch". Worked fine for me afterwards.