Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lux sensor problem - doesnt update as it should do

jkudlata

After upgrading from 4.032 to 4.036 I am experiencing lots of problems. All sensors, dimmers, relays etc needed reconfiguring etc. But now the LUX sensor doesn't change value as it is supposed to.

Why?  Parameters are set as before to 40 to 1 (as low as this but tried higher figures also 15) or changed parameter 42 to 5s or lower or higher but still doesn't do the job.  All asoc.groups are set to no1. It seems to react to light more upwards when changing to brighter (when I turn the light on) but never goes down to 0 if I switch the light off. If I do it gradually it will go down to maybe 12 but not lower. Then it gets stuck. Please help. So now my scenes don't work as the light level doesn't change as it is supposed to.

• Topic Author
  • I have of course removed and added the motion sensor from/to HC2 but still no luck. It seems to change values gradually but if the light level is for example 50 and then you put your hand over the sensor it should change value to 0 (like it used to) but instead it will stay at value 50. But if I start reducing the light level very slowly it will be changing the values for example to 48 then 36 and so on. But this isn't good as if it is dark you want to run a scene to turn the light on when the motion is detected. This will happen. But when the scene will switch light off the light level of the sensor wont change. This means when you re-enter the room the light wont come on even it is dark

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

I have been with v4 since 4.032 and following each update (4.033, 4.035, 4.036) and now on 4.037.

Prior to 4.036, the Fibaro motion sensors' lux used to be updating too frequently (1-3 lux changes) contrary to the parameter 40's setting. This has been reported and also in bug track #2762.

With 4.036, something has been changed but not mention in the change log/release note. The Fibaro motion sensors' lux no longer update frequently but still does not match the parameter 40's setting. With 4.036 running for almost 2 days, motion sensors' lux seem to report lux changes on its own frequency - >30 lux changes/difference or on some occasions >100 lux changes/difference.

With 4.037, Fibaro motion sensors' lux seems to be back to 4.035 state.

• Topic Author
  • I have also updated last night to 4.037 but still no good. Before going to sleep last night the LUX level didn't change from 47 (that's when I last turn light on in kitchen) until this morning. It just isn't working.

The worst is that this is with all my motion sensor and not just one.

So going from perfect working 4.032 this becomes pain in the neck as everything gone to wrong....

jkudlata,

Check the other thread. I shared some stuffs about Fibaro motion sensors may not be 100% function (z-wave classes missing if version info does not display in HC2 GUI). I had similar problems when I first updated to 4.032 where scenes based on lux were not behaving correctly. I had to reconfigure or exclude-reinclude all of them to get them back with full functionality.

I think I read in this forum about Fibaro motion sensors with firmware 2.4 having some limitations. Cannot remember the details so if yours are 2.4, maybe worth to search out those threads/posts and have a look.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your tip. I also read the other thread.

Unfortunately I had tried to exclude and include the sensors. I also reconfigured the sensors but no luck.

My sensors are 2.6.

It seems the sensors are working only gradually (if the light levels change slowly) but if you turn the light on or off it will become stuck at that value.

Any ideas to help me?

I have also contacted fibaro by email and will let you know what they will say.

Thanks for your tip. I also read the other thread.

Unfortunately I had tried to exclude and include the sensors. I also reconfigured the sensors but no luck.

My sensors are 2.6.

It seems the sensors are working only gradually (if the light levels change slowly) but if you turn the light on or off it will become stuck at that value.

Any ideas to help me?

I have also contacted fibaro by email and will let you know what they will say.

What are the parameters set?

I believe there are few parameters which will affect how often the device reports lux changes.

• Topic Author
  • 1, 10

2, 15

3, 2

4, 12

6, 30

8, The PIR sensor is always active.

9, 200

12, BASIC ON and BASIC OFF

14, 255

16, 0

20, 15

22, 30

24, The tamper violation is reported in the Sensor Alarm class. Tamper alarm cancellation inactive.

26, Tamper alarm is not reported in broadcast mode.

40, 5 ------------- I have tried other numbers just to see what happens but not much

42, 300 ----------The same as above I tried from 0 to 60 and so on. On other devices I have left different setting but still same problem.

60, 1

62, 900

64, 0

66, 0

80, Colour depends on the temperature. Adjustable with 86 and 87 parameters.

81, 50

82, 100

83, 1000

86, 18

87, 28

89, Tamper violation signal with LED light

• Topic Author
  • Same problem persists - the LUX level will never go down to 0. It doesn't react to sudden changes.

It will react to some changes in light if they aren't sudden.

Never had this problem before upgrading from 4.032 to 4.036.

I have also tried restoring to when it was working but no effect ( I guess when upgrading to different version it will not do much for you as it cannot revert back to earlier version).

I have soft reconfigured and even reconfigured (this then deletes all saved parameters and associations to rooms etc).

Then I have excluded the device and included again. many times with different motion sensors.

I of course changed all parameters and updated them with HC2 - I know how to do this.

It isn't just one motion sensor - all 5no motion sensors  (light sensor) wont work as they are suppose to.

Please help.

Hmmm...almost 36 hours after updating to 4.037, it seems the motion sensors' lux detection is back to how it was - ignoring parameter 40's setting but at least it is updating frequently with 1-3 lux difference/change.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Topic Author
  • I have heard back from Fibaro and they told me they know about these issues and are dealing with it.

So I guess it is good news that I haven't done anything wrong. But it isn't good from the other point of view as my house isn't no more fully automated.