Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Climate - AC unit plugin

thijs

Question

I have a Panasonic Etherea AC unit funtioning with the Inthesishome box and this works perfectly with the Intesis native app over internet. Recently IntesisHome has launched their API (

Please login or register to see this link.

) and that is great news for integrating this into the HC2.

Is there someone who can help with:

1) explaning how an API from an external device can be reached best by the HC2: through lua scripting or php?
2) scripting php and/or lua code to setValue in the Intesis api?
3) setting up a plugin for this api (as the Intesis home box allows for controlling multiple brands of AC units)?

Thanks.          

7 answers to this question

I have a Panasonic Etherea AC unit funtioning with the Inthesishome box and this works perfectly with the Intesis native app over internet. Recently IntesisHome has launched their API (

1) explaning how an API from an external device can be reached best by the HC2: through lua scripting or php?

3) setting up a plugin for this api (as the Intesis home box allows for controlling multiple brands of AC units)?

Thanks.          

Thijs,

I think maybe you are asking a bit much of the guys here on the forum. This little list of yours looks a bit as a task list of a professional programmer. Not sure if you will find someone who will do all that for free...

Thanks.          

Did you get anywhere with your research?  

I have been looking into a solution to integrate my Mitsubishi A/C units into the HC2. The intesishome looks promising.

• Inquirer
  • Aleks,

I am in the pricess of getting a developer account with IntesisHome to be able to use their API. With a bit of help on the coding side, I believe a lua script or even a plugin would be the best solution to ingrate AC units into the HC2.

Currently, I have the IntesisHome box (wifi) and app running on my phone and it works like a charm. Now the next step is to ingrate both systems.

There is also an IR solution, but that is not fully supported by Fibaro and less reliable than an API.

Will keep you posted on the development.

In the mean time, if there is anybidy that might be anle to help with the coding, I would like to hear that. More specifically how to post a command from the HC2 to the IntesisHome API might be a challenge for me.

Aleks,

I am in the pricess of getting a developer account with IntesisHome to be able to use their API. With a bit of help on the coding side, I believe a lua script or even a plugin would be the best solution to ingrate AC units into the HC2.

Currently, I have the IntesisHome box (wifi) and app running on my phone and it works like a charm. Now the next step is to ingrate both systems.

There is also an IR solution, but that is not fully supported by Fibaro and less reliable than an API.

Will keep you posted on the development.

In the mean time, if there is anybidy that might be anle to help with the coding, I would like to hear that. More specifically how to post a command from the HC2 to the IntesisHome API might be a challenge for me.

I am going to call inthesishome today to talk about their products. If I decide to buy into it I'll definitely have a go at making a plugin. I've been waiting for a good excuse to develop one

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

• Inquirer
  • People from IntesisHome indicated that their public API with Oauth2  authentication in a LAN is probably to complicated. This I understand and probably they are right, that can be much easier. What I understood is that the have received multiple requests from other people running other (z-wave) platforms as well. Currently they are investigating if they can provide an local API for in a LAN with easier control commands. Keep you posted.

I finally managed to get a voicemail from Shuki at Tenways today. He is on holidays until Monday, so we can't speak until then.

I am sorry to read your post. I was interested in getting this system if it could integrate with the HC2. I'm not as interested now.

When he gets back I'll find out about pricing. It's it doesn't cost a fortune I might yet still install it.

That said, I was interested in installing a thermostatic controller from a Nordic company that was mentioned on this forum until I found out each unit cost over £150 each. Not realistic when you have a lot of rooms to control. May as well get one tablet per room 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

EDIT: How is that for timing. He just emailed me. I'll PM you the details. I want to double check what you bought.

hi,

i have several universal IntesisHome  devices installed at home working perfectly.

in paralal i have HC2 working and controlling multiple devices but not the IntesisHome .

if someone has something he wants to test i will bge glad to be the beta tester.