Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AEON Labs Multisensor - Motion sensor problem

clausdk

Question

I'm trying to get a AEON Labs Multisensor working. The motion sensor doesnt seem to register any movement.

This is the current settings:

Parameter: 3

Datatype: 2d

Value: 240

Parameter: 4

Datatype: 1d

Value: 1

Parameter: 101

Datatype: 4d

Value: 224

Parameter: 111

Datatype: 4d

Value: 240

All the other sensors is working fine.

Maybe someone can share their settings?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Attached my settings.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I think you'll learn more from the technical manual than from my parameters...

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • I think you'll learn more from the technical manual than from my parameters...

Please login or register to see this link.

Attached my settings.

Yeah, I have the manual already, but it seems like it doesn't react to the parameters for the motion sensor.

I will try those settings later. Thanks.

Yeah, I have the manual already, but it seems like it doesn't react to the parameters for the motion sensor.

I will try those settings later. Thanks.

I own 7 of these, I can tell you the description of the parameters in the manual is accurate. One thing... Did you try to flash the firmware of the MultiSensor (again)?

I own 7 of these, I can tell you the description of the parameters in the manual is accurate. One thing... Did you try to flash the firmware of the MultiSensor (again)?

Peter,

I'm really surprised that so many people on this forum use the Aeon Multisensor.

I have had 6 of them but not one of them worked without problems. All of them came with firmware 1.18.

My problems with all of them:

1) Motion sensor starts sending breach-messages every 45 seconds without any living soul in the neighborhood, even when enclosed in a drawer.

This was the case for ALL 6 of them when battery-powered and for 4 of them when on USB-power also.

So this excluded already 4 of the six unless I would disable the PIR-sensor but that was the sensor I needed most.

2) Temperature range when left for 24 hours in a closed room not more than a few cm's apart: minimal 2.0 °C and maximal 9.6 ° C. OK you can remedy that with the HC-2 equalization function, adding or subtracting a number of degrees C from the sensor but that doesn't work either because the difference in temperature readings are different with different temperatures. For example: the sensor that gave readings of 9.6 ° C higher than the others at 20 .0 ° C showed only a difference of 2 °C at 12 ° C. So the difference was not constant and the remedy provided by fibaro was useless.

3) Lux-readings: Don't know much about Lux but values of 16000 seem a bit high ?

4) Humidity: that was the only sensor that was more or less constant and showed acceptable values that were comparable to other sensors also.

So, in the end I don't use any of these six sensors anymore.

Do you think that applying the parameters given above could make my sensors usable again?

Or re-updating the sensors with firmware 1.18 would that be a solution ? I did that with one of them and it didn't change anything.

Thanks,

Frank

I'm sorry to hear that none of your sensors seems to work properly. I think you mentioned that before, because I kept telling myself I needed to check LUX end TEMP performance of mine. I have the tools to do so with reasonable accuracy. I haven't done that because the temp is only used for logging and the lux is used as a threshold for switching on lights. So I do have a feeling that motion sensing performance and temp/lux are "sensible". If I find the time I'll see what I can do.

Maybe, just mayby, I can give a solution to that erratic behavior... This is a long shot. One of my sensors that was used outside for six months had some odd behavior. A few times per week, it wouldn't send reports. And the red LED was flashing. So I did something I did to my old fluke multimeter. That meter, after 20 years, acted as if something was turning the knobs. It would beep erratically. I talked to an electronics engineer and he told me to clean the printed circuit board with isopropyl alcohol and a paintbrush. He also told me that this sometimes happens to fairly new equipment too, because of residue left on the PCB. Opening the sensor is a matter of gentle force, some pulling, some twisting. The only thing I had was I broke a wire that runs from the battery compartment to the PCB. If you were thinking of throwing your sensor away... what not give it a try?

I'm sorry to hear that none of your sensors seems to work properly. I think you mentioned that before, because I kept telling myself I needed to check LUX end TEMP performance of mine. I have the tools to do so with reasonable accuracy. I haven't done that because the temp is only used for logging and the lux is used as a threshold for switching on lights. So I do have a feeling that motion sensing performance and temp/lux are "sensible". If I find the time I'll see what I can do.

Maybe, just mayby, I can give a solution to that erratic behavior... This is a long shot. One of my sensors that was used outside for six months had some odd behavior. A few times per week, it wouldn't send reports. And the red LED was flashing. So I did something I did to my old fluke multimeter. That meter, after 20 years, acted as if something was turning the knobs. It would beep erratically. I talked to an electronics engineer and he told me to clean the printed circuit board with isopropyl alcohol and a paintbrush. He also told me that this sometimes happens to fairly new equipment too, because of residue left on the PCB. Opening the sensor is a matter of gentle force, some pulling, some twisting. The only thing I had was I broke a wire that runs from the battery compartment to the PCB. If you were thinking of throwing your sensor away... what not give it a try?

Thanks for your information and tips peter, I'll let you know if anything changed my sensors's behavior. By the way, what do you think of the new Aeotec multisensor with sis sensors and very small footprint ? Will it work with HC2 you think ?