Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Control WeMo Switch with virtual device?

Alzi

Question

Dear Fibaro Experts,

I would like to control my WeMo switches using the Home Center 2 (e.g. via virtual devices).

Belkin released a SDK (

Please login or register to see this link.

) but it does not look like that there is a simple HTTP API that I could control with a LUA script.

My slow and not very reliable workaround is that I created a virtual device @ HC2. Once I turn the virtual device on / off it sends an email to my IFTTT account. As WeMo has a own IFTTT channel the email triggers IFTTT to send a turn on / off command to the WeMo cloud. This in turn sends the turn on / off command to the switch itself. In other words, twice around the world with 5-10 seconds delay to control a device that is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as my HC2 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" /> 

Does any of you have a solution?

I would appreciate your help and guidance.

Best regards,
Alex

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

No easy way, since available SDK only allows you to develop such features in an app, no way to do it via virtual device or scene.

Same issue here, would be nice if Fibaro properly supported IFTTT or better started to improve integration with other non-zwave products.

Not an official Channel from Fibaro, but the best solution so far. 

Please login or register to see this link.

hi, i've worked out how to do this with LUA directly to the wemo using a VD. Open a tcpsocket and send the xml directly to device.

hi, i've worked out how to do this with LUA directly to the wemo using a VD. Open a tcpsocket and send the xml directly to device.

You likely to share it for other users? I own one but others might be very grateful if your help

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Hi 

did you share de code? I have a few of these too.

Thanks