Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Camera with motion sensor

gusqua

Question

Hi guys

I'm tryning to build a security system with my HC2, and at this time I need your recomendations.

I have to buy some cameras and I'm looking for any that has the motion sensor feature included. Do you know any one that works fine with Fibaro? I don't like to buy a camara and a separate motion sensor unit. 

Thanks in advanced

Gustavo

7 answers to this question

The Piper does that, but it also has a built in zwave controller so i don't know if it can play nice with fibaro...

Do you need recording for your camera? Since you were saying about motion sensor i think you will be thinking of recording. Where are you gonna store your recordings?

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Malvin!

For me the recording it is not a "must", but It is intersting to take in account. Do you have any recomendation?

I'm currently using Fibaro for my home automation, coupled with a NAS to control my ip cameras and to do recording to store in the NAS. I've created a virtual device in Fibaro to record and stop recording. You can also select motion recording in your nas. In my case, I've tested foscam and tplink ip cameras and they are fine.

• Inquirer
  • Many thanks Malvin for your tip. I think that I lol start to buying some Foscam cameras.

The Piper does that, but it also has a built in zwave controller so i don't know if it can play nice with fibaro...

nefer, can you confirm that piper from amazon.com will work with home center 2 european( 868.4 mhz radio frequency) ? Thanks!

I'm currently using Fibaro for my home automation, coupled with a NAS to control my ip cameras and to do recording to store in the NAS. I've created a virtual device in Fibaro to record and stop recording. You can also select motion recording in your nas. In my case, I've tested foscam and tplink ip cameras and they are fine.

Can you pls share your VD ? Id like to use it for Vivotek cam. Thanks a lot