Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller shutter positioning

kmeta

Question

Hello i have question about Roller Shutter 221 ver.2.1

After I have added the device to HC2, and then push S1-button to perform a complete cycle the motor stops after about 1s. Is this a known problem?

Same is when i try to move it from interface. 

If I turn off positioning in device manager I manage to fully open (on) or fully close (off) the valve, but not to stop in between. Do you have a solution for that ?

I have another one Roler Shutter 2 v.22.22 problem is the same. With or without positioning every time curtains is fully open or close.

When i press Calibration button curtains just fully open and not try to fully close and device stop to respond of commands for few minutes.

17 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Calibration doesn't work for you?

No. Unfortunately do not. When is open and press Calibration, curtains only Close and do not Open.

Can you make some additional tests with Roller Shutter 2? Set parameter 18 to 0 and move your blind manually, observe how much power does it drain during normal work and after reaching limit switch. Set parameter 18 to value slightly higher than power drain after reaching limit switch. You can also increase parameter 17 a little bit to introduce some delay.

• Inquirer
  • Can you make some additional tests with Roller Shutter 2? Set parameter 18 to 0 and move your blind manually, observe how much power does it drain during normal work and after reaching limit switch. Set parameter 18 to value slightly higher than power drain after reaching limit switch. You can also increase parameter 17 a little bit to introduce some delay.

When is move, module detect up to 7,6W current consumption. I try to set 9, 25 and 50. Unfortunately curtains do not want to start moving with any of this values. 

Maybe motors have some electronics becouse when start happen:

1. First 2 second move slowly and speed is increase

2. Speed is stable in moving

3. Three Seconds before end speed decrease

4. Completly stoping

Im not sure Fibaro or Motors make that. But same is with Roller switch ver.2.1-2.3 and Roller switch 2

When is move, module detect up to 7,6W current consumption. I try to set 9, 25 and 50. Unfortunately curtains do not want to start moving with any of this values. 

Maybe motors have some electronics becouse when start happen:

1. First 2 second move slowly and speed is increase

2. Speed is stable in moving

3. Three Seconds before end speed decrease

4. Completly stoping

Im not sure Fibaro or Motors make that. But same is with Roller switch ver.2.1-2.3 and Roller switch 2

You mentioned power consumption when motor is moving, is it lower after reaching an end? Parameter 18 should be higher than power drain after stop on limit switch, but lower than during normal operation, that is why your solution is not working. This blind probably has its own controller and therefore positioning may not be possible.

• Inquirer
  • You mentioned power consumption when motor is moving, is it lower after reaching an end? Parameter 18 should be higher than power drain after stop on limit switch, but lower than during normal operation, that is why your solution is not working. This blind probably has its own controller and therefore positioning may not be possible.

Yes it's lower when reach the limit switch. When start moving going up to 7,6W for few seconds. When reach tha limit going down to 2.4W for 1 - 2 seconds and 0W after that.

Maybe i can use a script move them thru Virtual button - i can calculate the time for full operation (Open/Close) and star/stop them base of that. The problem will be when someone move them manulay. 

• Inquirer
  • Change parameter 18 to 4 W and give it a try.

It's working now. Thanks

What about version 2.1. Can i calibrate and use positioning ?

Roller Shutter 1 had some restrictions when it comes to blind, for example it only accepted mechanical limit switches and provided no parameters to adjust calibration. I am afraid it will not function well.

Hello,

i have the same problem

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can start the calibration and the roller went up - but not down. The LED blinks red and nothing happens.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Change parameter 18 to 4 W and give it a try.

Thank you , 

same issue and that was the answer .

Hello,

i have installed 14 roller shutter but i can't calibrate them

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i tried to change the parameter 18 to 4 but the same problem..

The roller went up but not down an the red led is blinking ...

I never know whether to open a new topic or to continue the one closest to my problem.

I have a roller/shutter FGR 221 v.1.02

it is hooked up to drive 2 Liwin motors to open and close the windows.

problem is I can't get the unit calibrated.

in an open cycle the power rises: 3.7w, 6w, 7.3w, 8.1w, 9w, 10.2w, 11.5w, 13.2 w and it maximises at 15.4w when the max open position is reached.

the calibration (open / close) cycle is executed but the result is non. The slider does not work, and a scene setting the value of the device to 50% opens the windows 100%.

Please login or register to see this code.

if I set parameter 18 to any value other than 0 the unit does not work at all.

well you hear the relay click but only for about half second. it switches off before the motor really gets into motion.

I assume the power which is drawn at the first measurement is higher than 255W so the module thinks it has reached the limit position and switches off.

Is't it strange that a module which is spec'd for 1kW @ 230V has a max power of 255 W to sens the limit position

all suggestions are appreciated

I have the same problem with FGR222 and no solution. 

I’ve got LIWIN 25 and had the same problem. This blind probably has its own controller and therefore positioning may not be possible. After I set parameter 18 to 3W and increase parameter 17 to 3,1s open/close works OK and the problem „unkown shutter position is reported please re-calibrate the module” disappeared.

same problem with me " [16:09:09] ID 278: Unknown shutter position reported, please recalibrate it "

i change its parameter number 18: Default is 10W change to 0 and then 4W

and Parameter 17: Default 1 S and change to 3.1 S and also 10 S

but all time same  issue