Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

TKB TZ88E in HC2. What is this showing??

rajp

Question

Hi there

I have the TKB TZ88E power socket and having reconfigured this on HC2 4.042, it has appeared with 4 devices. In ver 3, it was just one device. Since the split into 4, I get the switch control on the first device and the power reading on the second.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

What is the reading in the middle of the second device.. is it the current power input?? I would assume it is.. it does keep fluctuating around 240.

11 answers to this question

It is a measured voltage in your installation.

• Inquirer
  • It is a measured voltage in your installation.

As I suspected.. Thanks.

• Inquirer
  • Just to add more flavour to it.. Support have come back to me saying that the TKB TZ88E is not on the Compatibility List thus it is not supported.

Now this is scary as the device was working just fine until now and worked fine in v3 as well as v4. So why work differently now???

I agree Raj, Fibaro this needs to be fixed. If we buy something (a lot of them in my case) because it works in one version of your software then really it needs to work in newer versions of the software. It can't be that difficult? What's the problem?

Raj, the first is obviously the on/off switch but it shows no power (so won't be registered on energy panel as far as I understand it), the second shows line voltage and, at bottom right, I think the total power used when switch is on but I've not seen a current power displayed on bottom left though. As far the other two children (which you've not shown in your pic) they seem to be completely useless.

Ultimately these are now not working for power usage and that's the whole point of the E model and why, I! bought them. So really we need to know when/if they're going to be fixed. They still work as expected, apparently, on other software and worked in v3 so it can't be an issue with the switches can it.

Help us out Fibaro....even some info on what you are/aren't doing about it would be appreciated.

Dave:)

Ps What compatibility list?!?! I've been 'here' a year and never seen one for v3 or v4, that's why we've relied on companies like Vesternet!

• Inquirer
  • I agree Raj, Fibaro this needs to be fixed. If we buy something (a lot of them in my case) because it works in one version of your software then really it needs to work in newer versions of the software. It can't be that difficult? What's the problem?

Raj, the first is obviously the on/off switch but it shows no power (so won't be registered on energy panel as far as I understand it), the second shows line voltage and, at bottom right, I think the total power used when switch is on but I've not seen a current power displayed on bottom left though. As far the other two children (which you've not shown in your pic) they seem to be completely useless.

Ultimately these are now not working for power usage and that's the whole point of the E model and why, I! bought them. So really we need to know when/if they're going to be fixed. They still work as expected, apparently, on other software and worked in v3 so it can't be an issue with the switches can it.

Help us out Fibaro....even some info on what you are/aren't doing about it would be appreciated.

Ps What compatibility list?!?! I've been 'here' a year and never seen one for v3 or v4, that's why we've relied on companies like Vesternet!

Yep totally agree.. These worked just fine in v3 and even in v4 and suddenly have popped out like these.. Come on Fibaro.. Help us out here..

Raj, I'm going to do a ticket....I've just done a lot of testing both with exclude/include and then checking values with LUA and nothing comes up at all. Will let you know the ticket id when I do it tomorrow.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Dave. I will add my name to it too. Thx

Raj......

Please login or register to see this link.

Add your name and any comments

KR, Dave

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Raj/Anyone,

This gets more curious. I thought I would poke about it the manual and look at what's there. It makes a bit more sense as to what Fibaro's trying to do but not why it's not working:

The extra children make sense as, if you look in the manual, there are x5 reading possibilities:

1) The first two (which should be on the switch master icon and not on the first child IMHO) are for W (i.e. current wattage of item plugged in) and kWh (total usage of item over time). For some reason they have this on first child....don't know why.

2) First Child shows Voltage [V], which is of the power to your switch. But, as said above, they are trying to show W and kWh at the bottom...but they don't seem to work (even if you set the x2 parameters in manual which are not set by soft reconfigure etc). These are, for ref, 1 (2d) and 2 (2d) but look in manual for what to set to.

3) Second child shows current [A] in amps....but doesn't work

4) Third child shows [PF] i.e. Power Factor....but also doesn't seem to work.

The above are calculated based on four figures from the unit, known as Meter Value 1 to Meter Value 4.

Thing is, if you look at what values are being used to make up the above it gets more confusing as to what the problem is. We KNOW that [V] on first child is working (certainly is on mine) and that is made up of a calculation based on MV1 and MV2. So, logic would make you think that anything based on those values should work. So, when you look at second child [A] we see that that is made up of, again, MV1 and MV2....so this should work. Also third child [PF] just uses MV1, so this should also work. 

So, in all, by the fact [V] is working, so should [A] and [PF]. Then we're only left with the original calcs i.e. W and kWh. I don't believe the plugs have all miraculously stopped working...Fibaro have added more functionality (nice) and just not got it 100% right....yet.

I've said a lot of good things about v4 (and rightly so IMHO) but we're not quite there yet. If I can work this out in very little time I have no doubt that Fibaro know the same and can/should fix this for us very quickly. After all, if the values are there then we're only talking about a bit of code to correct the calculations behind the scenes which, lets face it, shouldn't be hard.

Hope that explains a bit more and hope Fibaro are onto it.

Dave

Fibaro,

Can we have an update on this issue? I notice that Bug has not been looked at either i.e. 0003279

I spent a long time doing a nice document for you to show the problems and it should be difficult to fix.

KR, Dave

Hi All,

I've found the solution to this and the Popp's if you are having issues:

After extensive testing (as unfortunately noone has looked at 0003279), I have found a) the problem with the TKB unit issues and b) the fact that the issue is exactly the same as the Popps. Ultimately the power and total energy is shown on the wrong item (i.e. on Voltage Child and not the Binary switch) therefore it does not show up in iOS. The reason the TKB's don't work out of the box (whereas Popps did) is that global polling doesn't seem to work with them (but it does with Popp's as I never needed to change polling). If you, however, soft-reconfigure them and then set them to be polled every 125secs (instead of 'use global polling) they miraculously start to work! Even though it's set to 125secs, for some reason total power (kWh) doesn't get updated at the same time but it does work because I've noticed, over a day, the figure/s changing. Therefore it's just down to the info being in the wrong place and therefore not picked up by the iPad app etc under 'consumption'. If you look at the Voltage Child in the iPad app all you see is Voltage and nothing else. Rinczewski is looking at this in bug 

Please login or register to see this link.

Also, just an enhancement idea (as I couldn't see where else to report it), I think it would be really good to add, in main HC2 software, an option tick-box that states 'show in iOS'? What I mean by this is that all these multiple children (i.e. three per Popp/TKB unit) are needed (I think) in the main software to see what's happening and whether they're working ok etc but you cannot 'choose' what to show in iOS you can only hide items in system altogether or show them all. What this means is that, when you look at your switches in iOS, that you have too much information and have to scroll and scroll and scroll to find your switches. Would really be a good help and I think it would be a good enhancement.

So, Popp_123665 and TKB-TZ88E BOTH work, soft-reconfig them, leave polling on Popp as standard, change it to 125s on master on TKBs and they work. So it's just W and kWh in wrong place.

Hope that helps all.

Please login or register to see this attachment.