Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer and LED Panel

nessinits

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Fibaro Dimmer with my LED panel, but I can only turn the panel on/off. It's a panel that uses SMD2835 LED's and has a Mean Well driver 1-10V. Without a bypass it didn't work at all, but after installing a bypass the LED seems to work but I'm not able to dim it. 

Both the driver and LED can be dimmed, but unfortunately I cannot get it to work. My LED supplier said that the Fibaro dimmer is a Dali dimmer and I need a Dali to 1-10v driver, but I believe that's not the case. 

Anyone that can be of any help?

Kind regards,

nessinits

5 answers to this question

Dimmer is not a Dali device. Do you dimm the power supply itself? Operation in such configuration may not work, depending on used equipment.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I believe I do. I got the dimmer connected to the switch in front of the driver.

What should Be the alternative configuration for this setup then?

If you want to "dimm" power supply you have to make sure that it is some kind of electronic, dimmable transformer (like Govena ones). If there is some kind of driver with input you can control, the Dimmer is not designed to work with it.

If you want to "dimm" power supply you have to make sure that it is some kind of electronic, dimmable transformer (like Govena ones). If there is some kind of driver with input you can control, the Dimmer is not designed to work with it.

Hey.

I believe I have simillar issue, can you help me here?

It is Modus Q Led panel:

Please login or register to see this link.

And it is connected to Dali dimmable source (see attached picture)

The source is powered separetelly, dimmer is connected to DA input.

Without the bypass the calibration got stucked on parameter 58.

With bypass it went trough, but the light is always on and can not be controlled.

Can you please give me advice here. Will this be possible?

Or perhaps, if we use this source : DIM - 1-10V dimmable LED driver

Will that work with RGBW module?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ok, we figured it out

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Dimmer really not going to work with this, neather RGBW modul. But surprisingly, when we connected relay switch to DA, as far as the relay is ON the panel is dimming in the circle. Not perfect, but it works.

So double relay switch is the solution - Q1 is taking care of ON/OFF and the Q2 of dimming...