Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

-17.78c Fibaro PIR sensor

rajp

Question

Any idea why my Fibaro PIR is reporting it to be -17.78c when the room next door has Fibaro PIR showing it to be 20.80c????? I am still running 4.048 still but as there are no fixes in 4.049 that would benefit me, I am not going to upgrade.. 

Could this be sign that the battery is dying or something else. The Lux level seems to be right so not sure why temp is wrong??

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

Same thing happened to me on one of my x11 sensors. It stated at 125.5 degrees for two weeks after initial retardedness.

I ended up doing a soft reconfig and all went 'back to normal.'

Why? Couldnt tell you

• Inquirer
  • Try waking up the motion sensor and see if the temperature will get updated?

Yep.. but that is papering over the cracks.. why should a device that was working just fine suddenly stop working like that.. I had to soft reconfigure to get it to start reporting the proper values. This is where Fibaro need to be providing answers and guidance.

This could be error of temperature sensor itself, since this is rather not possible to achieve result like that in other way. Sadly I can not say more without the device or steps required to reproduce the issue.

Hi All,

Just thought I would weigh in here. I believe that 'some' must suffer from some weird issue, perhaps with error as J. Nowacki says, as I have ONE out of my 11 FGMS sensors that is the only one to do this (others all work fine). This particular sensor has also been both at 150+ degrees C (when in shade and not facing the sun) and also, as Raj has said, (and as it is currently) exactly -17.78 degrees C. It can't be a coincidence that more than one person experiences the exact same weird temperature, do you not think? I'm going to send this one back.

KR, Dave 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

• Inquirer
  • Yep. I have done a soft reconfigure and it worked fine for a few days but then it's gone back to -17.78 again. Will contact Vesternet to see if I can return this and get a replacement.

same here, but with lux. I've got 2 fiber motion sensors, one showing 600+ lux, the other below 100. waking up didn't work, soft reconfig didn't work, after excl and incl it and waiting for more 1 day, it started showing similar values.

motion sensor seems to work fine in all occasions.

cheers

emiel