Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo

Acho

Question

Hi,

just learned a bit about Amazon Echo - ( 

Please login or register to see this link.

). Any chance to integrate it with HC2 ?

Thank you for participation!

It's done...

I've just reboot my Raspberry, and now it works...

Amazon Echo integration service is mentioned in the Fibaro Cloud as coming soon... So hopefully we will see the integration soon!

Guest fat
15 minutes ago, eGuard said:

Amazon Echo integration service is mentioned in the Fibaro Cloud as coming soon... So hopefully we will see the integration soon!

Hopefully this "coming soon" is not the same coming soon as the intercom which we have been waiting on for a few years now

33 minutes ago, fat said:

Hopefully this "coming soon" is not the same coming soon as the intercom which we have been waiting on for a few years now

I agree with you. With Amazon, Google, Microsoft and others focusing on Smarthome solutions, Fibaro has to step up to keep relevant. These devices act more and more as controller making the need for devices such as HC2 and HC lite obsolete for many users. In any case it shouldn't be that hard for Fibaro to get it done as there were already skills out there that linked Alexa and HC2 through a 3rd party webserver.

4 minutes ago, eGuard said:

I agree with you. With Amazon, Google, Microsoft and others focusing on Smarthome solutions, Fibaro has to step up to keep relevant. These devices act more and more as controller making the need for devices such as HC2 and HC lite obsolete for many users. In any case it shouldn't be that hard for Fibaro to get it done as there were already skills out there that linked Alexa and HC2 through a 3rd party webserver.

Maybe if they partnership with some of these companies well get decent controller out of it? (HC2 is out for while and seems capible of going manny more years but HCL feels like its running on fuemes for manny recent patches) If the controller were for example dot, than we would get fairly good OS, well maintained and streamlined patch programme and functionality either working or not even shown. Yes i am still angry about having completly usless stuff that has not worked for months being displayed- hotel mode, SMS for people outsside Poland etc.

I am not oposed to either progress of Lili from beta and fixing HC2, HCL software or having somone fix it for Fibaro be it externall software company rewrite the shaky system from ground or simply having fibaro be application to Alexa. I just wish that it is done more elegantly this time. (you know sunday bug, bunch of things ceasing to randomly work etc.).

On 21/01/2017 at 9:55 PM, ocollus said:

Anyone noticed that Amazon Echo dissapeared from Fibaro ID cloud ?

Yes I noticed that - there were 5 things there when I opened the new account now there are only 3 - one more thing disappeared - dont remember what it was tho...

Has anyone successfully run fibaro scene with alexa?

I can run a scene in fibaro without a problem but when i ask trough alexa it gives me device is not responding... HA bridge works fine with switches but i guess the scenes don't work or i'm missing something?

EDIT: It started to work after i deleted the device from ha-bridge and add it again.

Edited by snoopy

Guest spazpeker
On 1/21/2017 at 9:55 PM, ocollus said:

Anyone noticed that Amazon Echo dissapeared from Fibaro ID cloud ?

Yes what a bugger

Wihaa! my amazon echo-dot did arrive today and i can now just tell alexa to control my house :-D 

Harmony Hub and Fibaro integreation - Check! :mrgreen:

What next? 

22 minutes ago, jompa68 said:

Wihaa! my amazon echo-dot did arrive today and i can now just tell alexa to control my house :-D 

Harmony Hub and Fibaro integreation - Check! :mrgreen:

What next? 

@jompa68

wow the was fast ....

What are you using to host the HA bridge ?

-f

Just now, AutoFrank said:

wow the was fast ....

What are you using to host the HA bridge ?

did already have a pi up and running so i did only download and setup ha bridge version 4.0.2.

1 minute ago, jompa68 said:

did already have a pi up and running so i did only download and setup ha bridge version 4.0.2.

Thanks @jompa68

hmmmm.. I have a pi running my sonos api and couple of echo dots gathering dust waiting for the official plugin

might be an interesting project for the weekend :-)

What the call to Alexa

Is it "Alexa, Tell Fibaro to do xx" or something else ?

Guest spazpeker
7 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @jompa68

hmmmm.. I have a pi running my sonos api and couple of echo dots gathering dust waiting for the official plugin

might be an interesting project for the weekend :-)

What the call to Alexa

Is it "Alexa, Tell Fibaro to do xx" or something else ?

A couple of commands here 

8 minutes ago, spazpeker said:

A couple of commands here 

Hi @spazpeker

Thanks for that .. great demo

Are all the commands interpreted by HC2 or is each one backed up with a scene / vd for that specific task.?

-f

Guest spazpeker
3 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @spazpeker

Thanks for that .. great demo

Are all the commands interpreted by HC2 or is each one backed up with a scene / vd for that specific task.?

-f

Mood lighting is a scene and All lights is a scene

the rest are direct to the device

nest is direct to nest (waiting for the plugin to come back)

1 minute ago, spazpeker said:

Mood lighting is a scene and All lights is a scene

the rest are direct to the device

nest is direct to nest (waiting for the plugin to come back)

Thanks.. might be time to jump in . no sign of the official plugin... :-(

For those without Raspberry PI, it is also possible to create a custom Echo skill to control Fibaro. Downside is that it requires an invocation name. Tutorial can be found here in German:

Please login or register to see this link.