Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo

Acho

Question

Hi,

just learned a bit about Amazon Echo - ( 

Please login or register to see this link.

). Any chance to integrate it with HC2 ?

Did any of the Fibaro experts try to setup a new skill for Amazon Echo with the new Alexa Skills Kit (ASK)?

It is saying that this is a free SDK that lets you easily add new voice capabilities.

Would be great if Alexa could trigger Fibaro devices with this SDK.

According to Amazon it should be possible to setup new voice commands: Ask <invocation name> to <do some action>

Would I be able to add a new voice skill like the following: Alexa, Ask Home Center to turn on the light?

This would trigger the Fibaro action:

Please let me know.

This would be fantastic.

Alzi...I concur. I have the Amazon Echo up and running as advertised 5 minutes after delivery. A very nicely designed and functional piece of hardware. The voice recognition and the voice its self highly advanced. Sure Philips Hue has jumped on board and you can Ask "Alexa turn on lounge lights" and within 1 second superbly fast they are on. Turn /onoff is all one can do at present but only a matter of time before we see dimming, colour and scenes. Although you can set up light groups and tell Alexa to on/off those.

Amazon Alexa is an ideal voice control for Fibaro! But not sure if the SDK will provide Fibaro users the ability to integrate seamlessly with speed of execution without some form of plugin for Fibaro. Reading the blurb on the SDK it appears there is java or Node.s language control but even so will everything be http: calls?

All we need then is for Echo to use Sonos.

Vera guys are enjoying automation via Echo bridge which emulates Phillips Hue bridge.

I think we might be able to use this by simply changing the urls for fibaro?

Spent some time trolling through the new Amazon Alexa DEV facility and Fibaro's developer documentation. Certainly Amazon has spent some $'s and have a very nicely documented environment for anyone that is considering developing apps for Alexa (Echo). Developers can expect some monetary returns with a app publishing and promotion centre. We can expect many 3rd party developed Alexa apps in the near future. 

I can say the voice recognition in Alexa (Echo) is very very good. The 7 mic pic-up hardware makes it very nice indeed. Lastly it is affordable for the average joe blow.

All we need now is a nice slick configurable interface app for Fibaro and Echo!

Thank you Sunny!

Is there a solution to emulate the Hue without a local server?

Amazon support was saying to me: Local http calls are not available in the Alexa Skills Kit. If you have a server which is hosted on the same local network you may be able to use that as a proxy to make the http calls, but you would need to implement that yourself.

I installed the Vera-Bridge and modified the http requests. I works quite well. The reaction time is quite short.

The problem I have is that Echo does not get a confirmation from Fibaro. So Alexa is complainig that the device is not responding.

The Bridge Configuration for Vera needs a "Vera Request Port". Its Port 3480 in case of Vera but I dont really know what port to use with Fibaro

I am using such requests:

on URL

please please please Fibaro, make it happen! I think echo is a great device to implement with Fibaro system, it could open a hole new way of doing things in HA , i feel jealous about the vera guys now....

We have this device of course and will integrate it once it allows it on decent level - sadly for now it is not possible. Vera solution is just a workaround and not real integration with Echo.

@j.nowacki - I see Amazon Echo has a new API, in the interim would it be possible to use this until a more "decent level" arrives? 

I know the team gets millions of requests to make Fibaro do this and that - mine is simply  another...but the Echo or Alexa seems to have possibly the best platform for RAD, ive seen anywhere. It wouldn't take much to add it in?

...otherwise I await with baited breath - since I have a great deal invested in Fibaro to change on a whim to something else.

Julexmon,  

Did you ever get your Echo working with the Fibaro, without the error response?  

My workaround was to modify the amazon-echo-ha-bridge.  The problem in my case was that the bridge was receiving a response code back of 202, instead of 200 from my commands.  So, I altered the HueMulator.java file in the bridge and recompiled the amazon-echo-bridge.jar file. All I did was use the program Eclipse and changed the following piece of code in the java file from "getStatusCode() == 200)"  to   " getStatusCode() != 200)".  Now when I ask Echo to turn the ceiling fan on low, medium or high it does it immediately and responds back with okay

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Video Demonstrating Amazon Echo controlling my ceiling fan through the Fibaro HC2

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@j.nowacki - I see Amazon Echo has a new API, in the interim would it be possible to use this until a more "decent level" arrives? 

I know the team gets millions of requests to make Fibaro do this and that - mine is simply  another...but the Echo or Alexa seems to have possibly the best platform for RAD, ive seen anywhere. It wouldn't take much to add it in?

...otherwise I await with baited breath - since I have a great deal invested in Fibaro to change on a whim to something else.

+1 

Provide Echo integration please

+1 

Provide Echo integration please

+1

We have this device of course and will integrate it once it allows it on decent level - sadly for now it is not possible. Vera solution is just a workaround and not real integration with Echo.

Hi, wondering on a related note, if the Fibaro mic/speakers are ever going to happen, or did echo and ivee and similar get the jump on you so you've dropped it ?

ta,

al.