Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo

Acho

Question

Hi,

just learned a bit about Amazon Echo - ( 

Please login or register to see this link.

). Any chance to integrate it with HC2 ?

Thanks for the hint, I will try. I was trying to use car gate but it did not work. I will try something else. I read somewhere that Amazon is blocking some words to be used by licensed devices.

There was a different thread on this topic that was removed somehow... WHY?

Any news for official Fibaro Support?

Anyone still working on an Alexa Skill for Fibaro HC2?

Come on people, we need this...

Yes there was a thread from "midrange" who wrote a working skill for Alexa.

It was deleted by FIBARO. I asked the admin about it but got no answer...

I Also would like to know the reason for removing that thread. So sad to see it 

Dear Fibaro team,

can you please share why you removed the only simple integration to Amazon Echo?

In the combination with HC2 a fantastic solution.

A win-win between Fibaro and Amazon enabled by a great software.

It would be great if you can bring it back.

At least this could help loosing more and more customers to other home automation vendors that fully integrated Alexa already. 

Cheers,

Alex

Yes there was a thread from "midrange" who wrote a working skill for Alexa.

It was deleted by FIBARO. I asked the admin about it but got no answer...

well, fibaro shows once again that we are just small stupid customers not worth any answer. after several days still no word. Understood. 

well, fibaro shows once again that we are just small stupid customers not worth any answer. after several days still no word. Understood. 

I have also sent a mail to Fibaro support regarding this! FIBARO!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OFF????

WHY have you removed the only perfect working solution????

We supported you and your products over the years! The least you can do is to answer our questions!!!

Ps: Does anybody perhaps have a contact for the person that made the solution? Maybe we can assist or pick up on the solution.

This is the contact:

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would even pay this 50$ but I afraid that fibaro will block even this "external" way.

I installed the Vera-Bridge for the fibaro here is a dutch video how to do it just buy a respbarry pi run it 24/7 and it cost only power,

on off and sence are all working

I have this solution runnig for several months now. But the skill from midrange was just better. With the Vera-Bridge you can use only the turn ON / OFF commands. The skill alows you to use other (like e.g. open).

My problem is that fibaro deleted the thread without any comment. I can understand that maybe they had to. Maybe there was something against the rules in this solution. But doing it without any comment and not answering to our questions is not the right way.

is the new Vera-Bridge not supored whit open close etc etc..? sins patch 2,7 it is and now there have 3.0 allrdy

ON Commands

Alexa, turn on <Device Name>   Alexa, start <Device Name>   Alexa, unlock <Device Name>   Alexa, open <Device Name>   Alexa, boot up <Device Name>   Alexa, run <Device Name>   Alexa, arm <Device Name> OFF Commands     Alexa, turn off <Device Name>   Alexa, stop <Device Name> (this one is tricky to get right)   Alexa, stop running <Device Name> (also very tricky)   Alexa, lock <Device Name>   Alexa, close <Device Name>   Alexa, shutdown <Device Name>   Alexa, shut <Device Name>   Alexa, disarm <Device Name> DIM Commands     Alexa, brighten <Device Name> to <Position>   Alexa, dim <Device Name> to <Position>   Alexa, brighten <Device Name>   Alexa, dim <Device Name>   Alexa, raise <Device Name> to <Position>   Alexa, lower <Device Name> to <Position>   Alexa, set <Device Name> to <Position>   Alexa, turn up <Device Name> to <Position>   Alexa, turn down <Device Name> to <Position>

I installed the Vera-Bridge for the fibaro here is a dutch video how to do it just buy a respbarry pi run it 24/7 and it cost only power,

on off and sence are all working

Any chance of an English version or a quick write up? I would love to try this.

just download this and start installing

Thanks I will give google translate a try on the document.

The mystery deepens with fibaro and echo.. i just saw a tweet from the official fibaro uk account asking if anybody got the hc working with the echo.. this would seem at odds with deleting the original post

Fibaro - whats going on here ???