Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo

Acho

Question

Hi,

just learned a bit about Amazon Echo - ( 

Please login or register to see this link.

). Any chance to integrate it with HC2 ?

I'm on the fence about pre ordering a UK Echo as I want to know it really is going to work with HC2.... waiting for a Fibaro update

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Hopefully I wont die waiting...

Edited by budda

Will this plugin also make Apple Home Kit available, so that I can use Siri AND Amazon Echo? This would be a perfect solution, but of course Amazon Echo is the most convenient way to trigger my Fibaro HC2... 

Hello,

I'm using Habridge v3.0.0 , is working great.

I use just : turn on/off , set the (light,blind) at ....% . There are more or not?

I was hoping the Close/Open command will work ? 

Cheers.

On 27/09/2016 at 4:51 PM, defenders said:

Any update on this? My Echo is being delivered tomorrow, hoping I can get it working with Fibaro soon!

you will not see official support for a long time... i think it will take a lot of planning! maybe 2017 ;-) but the ha-bridge works well enough with my new uk echo...  i just have it running on my nas so no need for pi

Edited by laurenamckay

On 21 August 2016 at 5:49 PM, Skuffy said:

I have the Amazon Echo working with the Vera or HA bridge. Different posts on getting the amazon settings on outside the US works great with Google Chrome and its extension Request Maker. Even get the local restaurants at my location (Netherlands). I have a Vera, HC2 and Harmony hub connected with the HA bridge. It works great !!!! The HA bridge scans the Vera automatically but not the HC2, although automate.asia seems to have modified the bridge jar file and it also scans the HC2. I brought in the HC2 URL's via " manual add" On/Off and scene starts stops works fine but I don't get the dimming working although i see on you tube applications with HC2 also having the dim function operational. What are the URL's for the dimming function? Anybody knows?

I am not an expert on Linux but if the instructions are followed well like on the micasaverde forum you will have it up and running within the hour or from Deojuvente although his instructions are more extensive and can be easier because raspbian does come with an embedded Java installer.  It is amazing how well the Echo recognizes the speech it doesn't matter who is talking to Alexa or even how strange the accent is. It is the ultimate voice control but also an integration tool for all different brands of equipment you have. 

This is the link for dim :D :

http://<HC2 IP>/api/callAction?deviceID=<ID>&name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

3 hours ago, Daneasa said:

This is the link for dim :D :

http://<HC2 IP>/api/callAction?deviceID=<ID>&name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

Hi Daneasa, great !!! Will try it out. 

I am trying to trigger a scene on HA-Bridge, but I am getting an error and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I added a manual device

Device Type: Custom

On URL: http://user:password@HC2IP/api/sceneControl?id=12&action=start

HTTP Verb: Get

Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

When I test on I get : 

Request Error, Pleae look in your habridge log: error {"type":6,"address":"/lights/444128571","description":"Error on calling url to change device state","parameter":"/lights/444128571state"}

Any idea what I am doing wrong? 

All my ha bridge devices have content type txt-HTML  and they work well.

Maybe try like that. 

Guys did anyone make it work with command  "Open/Close (curtains)" ?....i hate to saty turnOn/turnOff curtains :D   

Just an update. It turned out to be the character encoding in my password that was giving me that error.

Anyways, I also would like to say open/close the shades instead of turn on/off the shades. Any luck with that?

Has anyone had problems with 3.5.1. I am unable to make habridge communicate any more with the hc2 api. The api commands work in my browser but not when testing buttons. I've tried almost all the different settings. I've also created a new user/pass since the new hc2 user names are email addresses.

On ‎5‎-‎12‎-‎2016 at 10:12 PM, Jack.cgn said:

Anything new on the Skill ?

i don't think the skill will be there on short notice.

they have enough trouble to get existing plugin to work (nest....)

so using a ha bridge is the way to go at this moment (i'm using it without problems

Unless this is a christmass present from Fibaro being wraped up as i type than it is safe to assume that the skill will not see the light of the day until midway throu Q1 2'017.

If that (i would assume that there would be alot of testing because of something this important must be done right).

On 11/12/2016 at 5:17 AM, markdyer said:

Has anyone had problems with 3.5.1. I am unable to make habridge communicate any more with the hc2 api. The api commands work in my browser but not when testing buttons. I've tried almost all the different settings. I've also created a new user/pass since the new hc2 user names are email addresses.

I have same issue, I used to have it working, but now it does not. So far I have found that the super user login

no longer works because the super user has an email address which contains the @ sign. I have tried using a normal user

with no success, I just get the message :

Request Error, Please look in you habridge log:error{"type":6,"address":"/lights/2","description":"Error on calling out to device","parameter":"/lights/2state"}

When I try and run this command from my PC web browser, even though I have the username and password in the http link it still asks me to login, after I have done that and I select remember password then http link works. Using a different browser but not remembering password fails basically authentication error.

When I do a curl command with verbose on it I get the following message back:

curl -v

[1] 6527
serverUser@Server:/usr/bin/habridge/data$ *   Trying 192.168.xxx.xxx...
* Connected to 192.168.xxx.xxx (192.168.xxx.xxx) port 80 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'testuser'
> GET /api/callAction?deviceID=21 HTTP/1.1
> Host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
> Authorization: Basic VHJldm9yOlRvc3Nlcjc2
> User-Agent: curl/7.47.0
> Accept: */*
>

If anyone can spot any silly mistakes please let me me know.

Cheers

Trev