Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Query about including Vision ZM1602 Siren with strobe

mvdkallen

Question

Dear all,

I've purchased the Vision ZM1602 Siren with strobe and tried to have it included into my Z-Wave environment, but I can get it done with only partial success.

My Home Center 2 is able to detect the device and does the first part on inclusion, but then I need to wake up the device in order to complete and here is where it goes wrong (.. probably I don't fully understand how I must do this trick). Eventually, the device would be added (.. looking to the text that appears on the screen) but afterwards I can't see it anymore in the HC2 console, also not under "hidden devices".

I have read the manual, which is quite basic and does not cover this second step at all, so in the end it was kind of .... useless

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Is there anyone who has the Vision ZM1602 as well, together with one of the Home Center controllers, who can help me on the total inclusion process?

Thanks and best regards,

Mark

13 answers to this question

I have been able to add a ZM1601 to HC2 running 4.04x. Just curious, I thought ZM1602 is a hard-wired model while the ZM1601 is the battery-operated model?

• Inquirer
  • Hi Chaicka,

You are right, thats the only difference between the two.

Are you able to describe step by step what you do, or, if no problem for you can you create a short video?

I probably miss one step in the whole process, that's why it doesn't work out well on my side I suppose...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Mark

I do not recall any special steps to add the ZM1601 to HC2 running 4.04x back then. If memory serves me well, I did have to exclude-include twice or thrice to get it right and done near to the HC2. I believe I followed the instructions on HC2 - selected add new device, click the tamper/activate button inside ZM1601, wait for it to detect and add, then when HC2 prompt battery operated device needs to wake again, click the tamper/activate button inside ZM1601, then wait again until HC2 automatically completes and the log shows parameters set and receive.

I have included the screenshot of it which is still without device template at the moment. It is not working perfectly cause without device template, it seems HC2 continue to detect it as low battery state which is incorrect.

I may want to try to exclude-include again, in case Fibaro added the template for it in 4.053. I am using iMac running Yosemite. If you can share how I can capture video, I may be able to do one for you.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Ok, I will try it again now sitting right next to the HC2 (.. there were three meters between the device and the HC2 when I tried).

Thanks for your support so far

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Best regards,

Mark

• Inquirer
  • Hi Chaicka,

After 9 times of trying, I've now succesfully added the device and all seem to work well.

However, were you able to change any of the device parameters?

I'd like to switch to strobe alarm only, but when I try to adjust parameter 0 with value 2 I keep getting messages that parameter 0 still remains with value 0

According to the manual:

Siren Strobe Mode (Parameter Number 0, Parameter Size 1) defines the reaction of the siren:

Value Description
    0 for Strobe and Siren (Default)
    1 for Siren only
    2 for Strobe only

Alarm auto stop (Parameter Number 1, Parameter Size 1) defines the auto time out of the alarm indication:

Value Description
    1 for 60 seconds
    2 for 120 seconds
    3 for no automated off
    0 for 30 seconds (Default)

.. how did you managed to get this changed, or, are you just using the default settings?

Probably it is me doing something wrong here...

Best regards,

Mark

Hi Chaicka,

After 9 times of trying, I've now succesfully added the device and all seem to work well.

However, were you able to change any of the device parameters?

I'd like to switch to strobe alarm only, but when I try to adjust parameter 0 with value 2 I keep getting messages that parameter 0 still remains with value 0

According to the manual:

Siren Strobe Mode (Parameter Number 0, Parameter Size 1) defines the reaction of the siren:

Value Description

0 for Strobe and Siren (Default)

1 for Siren only

2 for Strobe only

Alarm auto stop (Parameter Number 1, Parameter Size 1) defines the auto time out of the alarm indication:

Value Description

1 for 60 seconds

2 for 120 seconds

3 for no automated off

0 for 30 seconds (Default)

.. how did you managed to get this changed, or, are you just using the default settings?

Probably it is me doing something wrong here...

Best regards,

Mark

Pardon me. Did not see your post until now.

In 4.047 to 4.054, yes I am able to set parameter 0 and 1 to non-default value. Click the <add parameter> button, set parameter number 0 (or 1), set data type as 1d, set the desired value, do not check the 'read only' and 'default value' option, click Save icon on right navigation bar, look out on top for event log to see the HC2 setting the parameter, then poke the tamper button on ZM1601/2 once, look out on top for event log to see if HC2 response with the device received parameter. See 1st screenshot.

In 4.055 beta, the constant low-battery indicator issue has been resolved. I have re-include ZM1601 and now putting it back to default values since it should not cause unnecessary loud alert. See 2nd screenshot.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Chaicka,

No worries.

I'm now able to change the parameter 1 to all value I would prefer, but once I try to change the value for parameter 0 then the system keeps coming back to me with "parameter 0 set to 0"... no matter what I try.

Can you check if you can set parameter 0 to value 2 (.. Siren only mode)?

Thanks and best regards,

Mark

It probably won't be possible, according to Z-Wave specification:

Parameter Numbers SHOULD be assigned in a sequence starting from 1.

So device is implemented incorrectly if it uses parameter ID = 0.

• Inquirer
  • But then the manual which comes with this product is incorrect...

I'll check now.

Thanks and br. Mark

• Inquirer
  • Hi M.Roszak,

MANY THANKS!!!!!!

You are right, now it is working... so the manual that the manufacturer ships with the product contains a very nasty mistake. After setting parameter 1 to value 2 the siren does not go off but only the strobe is active.

Thanks a lot for your help and advice!

To all fellow Fibaro customers that are complaining about the Support and Service on the forum;  now THIS is the reason why you purchase Fibaro!

Best regards,

Mark

I am glad that I have helped, it is good that your issue was related to mistake in the device's manual and not in the device itself.

I am glad that I have helped, it is good that your issue was related to mistake in the device's manual and not in the device itself.

Hi M.Roszak,

The incorrect low battery alert has been fixed in 4.055 beta. Is there plan to include a complete device template since this device does not have a lot of parameters to build a template to begin with?

But then the manual which comes with this product is incorrect...

I'll check now.

Thanks and br. Mark

Strange. In 4.055 beta, when I set parameter 2 with value 0, it comes back with strange behaviour.

Upon saving, the event log above shows this:

Followed by the parameter section shows this. Note that the parameter 2 become parameter 0 again.