Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

A 9 inch android tablet 800x480 is not a Tablet???

TheItalianJob

Question

I've purchased a 9 Inch dedicated home automation tablet. As a flush mount tablets the display has a low pixel intensity (800x480 - 16:9). This is not mean the tablet has a low quality graphics but only the pixel density.

Like the Zipato in wall Tablet (800 x 480), I've received this message when the Fibaro for Tablet Start.

I and all people that wants a serious and integrated home automation system need the app work on these tablets.

I don't hink is a problem run the same interface for 7" and 10" on this resolution because the screen ratio is the same. Why not remove the block at the beginning of your app and let the user decide whether to continue run or not?

I know there's the ImperiHome application but The Fibaro app is better and is near to my vision of home automation app...

Fibaro Mobile Team:  Why don't remove the constraint at startup and on alert popup leave the user to decide if continue or not?

P.S. the Android version of tablet is 4.1.1

Please login or register to see this image.

• Please login or register to see this link.

•  

10 answers to this question

Sorry, but it was designed that way to be available for resolution 1024x600 and above, this decision was taken basing on popularity of given screen sizes and resolutions, also taking functionality and appearance under consideration. We cannot (and no other company can) assure that app will work and look fine on all tablets in every size and resolution there is available, so we adapted it to the most frequently used ones.

• Inquirer
  • Sorry, but it was designed that way to be available for resolution 1024x600 and above, this decision was taken basing on popularity of given screen sizes and resolutions, also taking functionality and appearance under consideration. We cannot (and no other company can) assure that app will work and look fine on all tablets in every size and resolution there is available, so we adapted it to the most frequently used ones.

As a Beta program member can I Test for you if the app work fine on 800x480 tablets? 

Guest matie

Sorry, but it was designed that way to be available for resolution 1024x600 and above, this decision was taken basing on popularity of given screen sizes and resolutions, also taking functionality and appearance under consideration. We cannot (and no other company can) assure that app will work and look fine on all tablets in every size and resolution there is available, so we adapted it to the most frequently used ones.

This means you can download it, but it does not work?

Fibaro could easily improve this by calculating the size of the device in inch'es. This is not a hard thing to do on Android devices (you've ppi and pixelsize available for example in Java). If still the design is an issue because of lack of pixels, you'll show the phone layout. This is much more friendly to users.

Cheers,

Mathijs.

• Inquirer
  • This means you can download it, but it does not work?

Fibaro could easily improve this by calculating the size of the device in inch'es. This is not a hard thing to do on Android devices (you've ppi and pixelsize available for example in Java). If still the design is an issue because of lack of pixels, you'll show the phone layout. This is much more friendly to users.

Cheers,

Mathijs.

Yes, I can download but doesn't work... 

It's strange the decision by Fibaro because ALL tablets to hang in the wall has only 800x480 resolution.

And the work to make in the Fibaro for tablet is only to remove constraint at App startup. I'm a Android developer and if the app for tablets work correctly on 1024x768 they will work on 800x480 res without modifications (same aspect ratios) with automatic downscaling. 

FIBARO WHY YOU CAN'T GIVE ME THE POSSIBILITY TO TRY?

• Inquirer
  • You could use the phone app instead?

No because the app for phone is only in "portrait" mode and the tablet is installed in landscape mode...

but is a good idea for Fibaro mobile team....

• Inquirer
  • I contacted mobile app team to see what can be done in that matter, we will consider your suggestions.

Thank you 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Ipad (mini) with a build in wall mount. There are several that you can buy, some are just very expensive.

cheap:

Please login or register to see this link.

quite normal:

Please login or register to see this link.

An Ipad mini just looks very nice on a wall!