Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 with a standard switch

demetrio812

Hello,

I've seen from the manual that it's possible to use the dimmer with a standard switch. It looks like I loose the possibility of dimming from the switch, is that correct?

My question is: is it possible to use a normal switch with the dimmer module set as "Momentary switch" and manually using the switch to dim the light?

Thanks,

Dem

Yes, it is possible to use bistable switches with Momentary Switch setting. You will be able to dim the light, but you will have to switch on, set the dimming level and then turn off the switch.

• Topic Author
  • Hello, thanks for the reply...

That's what I thought, I have only one doubt: let's say that someone leave the switch on (so it's like keeping a momentary switch pushed), is it dangerous or is it OK?

Thanks,

Dem

It should be OK. It should be also possible to control it from the web interface or mobile app.

• Topic Author
  • It should be OK. It should be also possible to control it from the web interface or mobile app.

Do you mean that even if it's kept on it will still be possible to dim from the apps?

Thanks,

Dem

Guest fat

Do you mean that even if it's kept on it will still be possible to dim from the apps?

Thanks,

Dem

I am not sure but I would think the module would keep changing brightness after you use the app as it will think someone is holding the switch in

Thanks,

Dem

Yes

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Once dimmer is on a stable state it is possible to change brightness level remotely, but first change on such pressed button will be interpreted as stop/release action. That will send proper scene activation if configured

Dimmer takes only the most recent action ordered. IT is possible to change or set level even while holding buttons.