Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Arm / Disarm sound notification

kimbo

As Fibaro has no external keypad system to arm or disarm the alarm, the only way to work is with the tablet.

Is there a way to let your tablet (android) make a sound notification when arming the alarm or when entering the building when the alarm is armed?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_arrow.gif" alt=":arrow:" /> Maybe it's a nice feature in the future? 

If the screen is on of the tablet and the Fibaro app is open, then there is a beep sounding (make sure you set the volume of the tablet to max).

Unfortunately no sound when arming the alarm. I made a scene which turns on a led strip for a second to let me know the status of my sensors. If whole house is armed, then the led will be red for a second. When I disarm the alarm, it will be green for a second (and purple when only my door/window sensors are armed (and not the motion sensors).

Ive created a scene sending me push notification when arming and android shouter app speaks it aloud - actually all the notifications what I see as usefull as simple beep of a push message can be easily not heard

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Ive created a scene sending me push notification when arming and android shouter app speaks it aloud - actually all the notifications what I see as usefull as simple beep of a push message can be easily not heard

Could you tell me which app it is that you use? I cannot find it in google play. Thanks 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" />

• 4 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Well I've tried the shouter app and it doesn't work at all... alles settings are ok on my phone and still nothing.

But this

Please login or register to see this link.

works fine, only it says that app name and not the message content.

There should be a better option.. but which one.

Might be Android version issue, on my older HTC One also did not speak the message as sush, now on M8 works great...