Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6

donangelo

Question

Hello

Does the new sensor Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6" work on HC2? I Need a motion sensor for outdoor use, that works fine with HC2

Thank you in Advance

Angelo

No it doesn't. You can include the sensor, only 1 device will show up which gives you ridiculus high temparature readings.

Cheers

Emiel

Excellent! Really need this as soon as possible

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It isn't rated for outdoors, although its predecessor was.

You are wrong here. Look on page 6 (User manual):

"Please note that when installed outdoors of your home, your MultiSensor should only be relied on for temperature, light, humidity, and ultraviolet readings, where as the motion sensing capabilities should be disabled on your gateway in order to avoid false readings."

I've got one en the construction can absolutely not handle 1 drop of water, there's an open connection to the battery compartment and behind that the electornics. So unless you shield it from water it's not to be used outdoors.

btw: the multi-4 also cannot handle huge rains without shielding it, in mine there was water on the printed circuit board.

cheers

emiel

You are wrong here. Look on page 6 (User manual):

"Please note that when installed outdoors of your home, your MultiSensor should only be relied on for temperature, light, humidity, and ultraviolet readings, where as the motion sensing capabilities should be disabled on your gateway in order to avoid false readings."

Two points to make:

1) They have added that sentence in the past month.

2) They have not changed the IP rating from IP20 in the specs. The first digit in an IP rating is intrusion protection (2 is basically against fingers). The second digit is moisture protection. Higher numbers are greater protection... 8 and 9 are full immersion. At the other end of the scale, 1 is moisture only... Guess what a rating of 0 means?

Good luck finding an outdoor location that isn't even susceptible to moisture. And better luck claiming on your warranty for an IP20 rated device that you placed outside.

• Inquirer
  • Hi there

What is actual the best motion sensor for outdoor use, that works great with fibaro?

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Thank you

Angelo

I read somewhere it can be used in a bathroom, but with an IP rating of 20, i'm not sure it's a good decision?

I am using the one from Everspring and it is working fine (HC2 3.6)

We have this device and it is going to be integrated in one of future updates.

Great news, in which version will this be? I am thinking of building a elegant bathroom humidity relation between my bathroom air flow system and the %tage of humidity.  

Or are there other (elegant) looking sensors out there, which can be integrated into the HC2?

I've gotta say I'm extremely skeptical when it comes to the Aeon multisensor humidity readings. I own both, the ZWUS and the new ZW100 and they both display unrealistically low humidity values. I know my home has extremely high humidity levels. 60% and over usually. And yet the Aeon sensors usually report it in the 35 - 45% range. Never seen it go higher. Even when I had it placed in the bathroom right next to the shower.

My netatmo is displaying realistic humidity levels in comparison.

So all in all - I would not get your hopes up about using the Aeon humidity sensor for anything other than a pretty icon with some arbitrary numbers.

I got two of these, one in each bathroom. In my experience the devices are consistent. The devices may not be correctly calibrated and do show to low relative humidity, No real problem to me, I just use a set threshold to control my ventilation. If you want the displayed relative humidity to show correctly you could probably fix this making a VD.

Paul, could you try and find out the operation range for your sensors? Like, placing one in the bathroom while taking a shower (the actual room humidity would be 100%) and then placing it in the place with lowest possible humidity? (a well heated/ventilated area) For me the max difference is about 5% So it would be extremely difficult to get any actual humidity related data out of them, even when using a VD to adjust the values

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I´m not in my home in Norway at the moment, but in Canada. The readings from this morning how ever are consistent with my previous experience: Normal relative humidity both in the bathroom and the shower are reported as about 24% +/- 1%. After my wifes shower this morning it peaked at 69%, when it probably should have reported 100%.  

Checked again now this morning. Both sensors are powered by the grid/usb. Standard out of the box config. They report normally every half hour. The bathroom sensor has reported 24-25% during the night and morning hours. The sensor in the other bathroom/shower reported 24%->69% at 06:14, then 69->45% at 06:43, then 45->39% at 07:13,  39->33% at 07:42,  33->30 at 08:14:15 - and then directly 30->29% at 08:14:33, then 29->28% at 08:41, next 28->27% and so on back to normal 24%. So apart from slight variations in the time it reports, and that it tops out at 69% instead of 100% it apparently  the device is working as it should.

I have the 1.6 sw version , but no reading on UV .

Do you guys get any UV readings on your multisensor 6 ?

Bought this sensor yesterday, is there option how to make motion sensor working?