Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6

donangelo

Question

Hello

Does the new sensor Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6" work on HC2? I Need a motion sensor for outdoor use, that works fine with HC2

Thank you in Advance

Angelo

I have just switched over to battery-powered (after exclusion reinclusion). Is it normal to keep seeing this log below?

Please login or register to see this code.

I cannot find any mention of parameter 9. And it seems not reporting motion detected to HC2 when battery-powered (for the last 30 mins after added to HC2).

I have just switched over to battery-powered (after exclusion reinclusion). Is it normal to keep seeing this log below?

I cannot find any mention of parameter 9. And it seems not reporting motion detected to HC2 when battery-powered (for the last 30 mins after added to HC2).
This was confirmed by users on other forums and by me. Parameter 9 is not documented. Reverse engineering tells me it could be this: 256 means “on battery” and 0 means “USB powered”. Does not exist if included on USB power. I've also seen “257” for a few seconds right after inclusion on HC2. Maybe related to wake up. Parameter 7 is also not in the manual. This parameter appears after you have inserted the USB while the sensor is running in battery mode. For PIR reporting check p4=1 and for p5 try 1, 2 or 3. Sorry, can't test it at the moment, my sensor isn't included.

This was confirmed by users on other forums and by me. Parameter 9 is not documented. Reverse engineering tells me it could be this: 256 means “on battery” and 0 means “USB powered”. Does not exist if included on USB power. I've also seen “257” for a few seconds right after inclusion on HC2. Maybe related to wake up. Parameter 7 is also not in the manual. This parameter appears after you have inserted the USB while the sensor is running in battery mode. For PIR reporting check p4=1 and for p5 try 1, 2 or 3. Sorry, can't test it at the moment, my sensor isn't included.

Thanks for your valuable inputs, Peter.

I have excluded it few hours ago as it was not detection moment properly. Just included it and right after inclusion completes, I saw the parameter 9 receive value 257 and within 3-5 seconds later, it receive value 256.

Strangely, after that, whenever moment is detected, the '256' value comes up in log yet the device's bottom left corner where HC2 newer beta firmwares added last breached time (minutes or hours ago) still stick to the time of inclusion.

Waited a few minutes and wave a hand to trigger motion detection which the ZW100 did blink green and that is when I spot the log displaying another line of the value 256.

Here is the sequence of events and its results:

1. No movement for >5 mins to allow the ZW100 to 'chill' since the manual stated motion detection when operate on battery is 4 minutes.

2. Check the last breach time on the device (indicates 14 minutes ago as shown in screenshot with my system clock on top).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3. Waited another minute of system clock to tick, then wave hand over the ZW100. Immediately the log entry (below) shows up. (Note: Ignore the time difference between my system clock and the HC2 time as it seems 2 minutes off, despite configured to use the same NTP server).

4. Check the last breach time on the device (indicates 15 minutes ago as shown in screenshot with my system clock on top).

Observations:

• When ZW100 is included in battery-mode, it seems to report parameter 9 with value 256 whenever motion is detected.
  • Fibaro HC2 with firmware 4.062 is not recognising this and not reflecting motion detected correctly with the device icon. Hence, the last breach time is not working and the state of motion is not reflected.

Bug#3801 logged.

Hello again,

I don't know a lot of people have problem with battery powered. I use this sensor with 2 batteries inside.

Below is my sensor configuration.

Please login or register to see this image.

chaicka, I tested motion sensor and is refreshing without problem on HC2@beta 4.062 (sometimes is 1-4 seconds delayed in web interface)

skam84, thanks for sharing/chipping in. The screenshots are small and cannot see the setting clearly when clicked to expand.

I have include and exclude 3 cycles now (1 cycle with double-click to add with security mode, 2 cycles with single-click to add as per normal mode) and still the same behaviour. Not sure what I am missing though, to have it behave so differently.

May I ask if yours inclusion was done with 4.062 or was it earlier firmware?

No offence intended. Just from experience learnt that Fibaro does make changes to result in weird behaviours of devices included at different HC2 firmware versions.

Right now, HC2 4.062 seems to have a weird bug of not reporting battery level. Not sure if that is somehow affecting new battery-operated devices' inclusion/behavior.

Why would this be implemented properly! Fibaro might risk losing sales on motion sensors

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> make end users think they are rubbish

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Hmmm...Besides the log entry (below), noticed that the device in HC2 shows "Configuration" status (below) too, whenever motion detected.

Im including on beta 4.062. If not working on local IP try include using remote access.

I shared full size image on my server

Please login or register to see this link.

Why would this be implemented properly! Fibaro might risk losing sales on motion sensors

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" /> make end users think they are rubbish

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Hahahahaha...Does that explain why Qubino device templates are still not available? 

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

In this world of globalisation, being territorial and conservative isn't going to help win customers. Maybe when one of the competitors decide to release a really good competing controller, that's when Fibaro will realise it is too late to do anything and their marketshare will erode away and maybe the start of their downfall. More and more controllers coming up and given time, may overtake Fibaro's lead.

Im including on beta 4.062. If not working on local IP try include using remote access.

I shared full size image on my server

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks a lot. Now I can expand and see your settings.

Most of mine are the same except wake-up is 3600 and parameter 46 is disabled, for mine.

I have excluded the battery-operated ZW100, reboot HC2 (4.062), re-include it. Here is the inclusion log:

Looks like it is still behaving the same. Parameter 9 report value 256 whenever motion detected and device box indicates 'Configuration' at left bottom of device box.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Running out of ideas what may be causing this incorrect behaviour.

Exclusion also seems to be working correctly.

Going to give 'security-mode' a try and see if that makes any difference.

When I added devices to my network I always checked

Device is located far from the Home Center
NWI - Network-Wide Inclusion
Add in security mode if device supports

But sometime I have problem if only first option is checked.

When I added devices to my network I always checked

Device is located far from the Home Center

NWI - Network-Wide Inclusion

Add in security mode if device supports

But sometime I have problem if only first option is checked.

Giving your method a try and here is the inclusion log:

Latest findings after several days of testing out different methods and scenarios.

Setup/Installation:

1. Connect ZW100 to usb power,
  2. Perform a factory reset (press button for 20 seconds or longer),
  3. Include into HC2 (4.062) without secure-mode (1 click on button on ZW100),
  4. Wait for 15 minutes or longer (for HC2 and ZW100 to 'settle down' the zwave network),
  5. Disconnect the usb power to ZW100,
  6. Swap in CR123A batteries,
  7. Wake ZW100 up (1 click on button on ZW100),
  8. Run tests like trigger motion, move it around to detect different temperature/humidity, etc
  9. Swap out CR123A batteries,
  10. Connect the usb power to ZW100,
  11. Wake ZW100 up (1 click on button on ZW100.

Results/Outcomes:

1. Whenever the ZW100 is usb-powered, everything is working fine - no parameter 9 show up in log, no stuck motion icon, no incorrect 'last breach time'.
  2. Once swap over to battery-powered (without excluding from HC2), the parameter 9 starts showing up in log when detected motion, stuck motion icon, bottom of ZW100 device box shows 'configuration' when detected motion, incorrect 'last breach time'.
  3. Once swap back to usb-powered, it works fine again.

Possibility:

• Device template in HC2 4.062 is still not fully compatible with ZW100, may be the HC2 as well. HC2 seems to not understand what is parameter 9 and handle it appropriately. Parameter 9 pops up whenever motion is detected while ZW100 runs on battery and parameter 9 has 3 values - 0, 256 and 257 (observed so far, no other values shown up yet).

Note: None of the attempts to include with secure-mode was able to complete successfully without any problematic behaviour of the ZW100, even when usb-powered.

Correction: Once swap back to usb-powered, parameter 9 shows value of 0. Afterwhich, it operates normally again.

Edited by chaicka

Thanks for you elaborate testing and reporting. You must exclude and include again whenever you change power source type. I'm not sure if you were aware of that... Manuals often aren't clear on that! If so, was there any particular reason why you did not do that? If you include on USB, then switching to batteries without exclude & include, the battery will drain very fast. Another user reported < 24 hours battery life. This is to be expected, it's part of the way Z-Wave works. This is for example part of the manual of the Remotec ZXT-120:

"It is not allowed to changing ZXT-120 listening mode without exclusion process (do not change ZXT-120 listening mode while ZXT-120 is included in a network)." and "ZXT-120 can be configured as either "Frequently Listening Routing Slaves" FLiRS (if you are using battery) or "Always Listening" (if you are using 5Vdc adaptor) before inclusion process.".

BTW a FLiR is a device that is battery powered, but is awake once every second. You could say it has a wake up interval of 1 second, but I think that is not quite true, a FLiR has a specific implementation. So it is something between a battery powered device ("mostly off", can't be controlled in between wake up periods) and on permanent power ("always on", thus draining batteries fast). Not many devices are FLiRS. Door locks come to mind. The MultiSensors aren't FLiRS.

I'll see if I can find the time to do some testing with the MultiSensor 6.

Thanks for you elaborate testing and reporting. You must exclude and include again whenever you change power source type. I'm not sure if you were aware of that... Manuals often aren't clear on that! If so, was there any particular reason why you did not do that? If you include on USB, then switching to batteries without exclude & include, the battery will drain very fast. Another user reported < 24 hours battery life. This is to be expected, it's part of the way Z-Wave works. This is for example part of the manual of the Remotec ZXT-120:

"It is not allowed to changing ZXT-120 listening mode without exclusion process (do not change ZXT-120 listening mode while ZXT-120 is included in a network)." and "ZXT-120 can be configured as either "Frequently Listening Routing Slaves" FLiRS (if you are using battery) or "Always Listening" (if you are using 5Vdc adaptor) before inclusion process.".

BTW a FLiR is a device that is battery powered, but is awake once every second. You could say it has a wake up interval of 1 second, but I think that is not quite true, a FLiR has a specific implementation. So it is something between a battery powered device ("mostly off", can't be controlled in between wake up periods) and on permanent power ("always on", thus draining batteries fast). Not many devices are FLiRS. Door locks come to mind. The MultiSensors aren't FLiRS.

I'll see if I can find the time to do some testing with the MultiSensor 6.

Yes, I have done that include-exclude whenever change power-source tests earlier on and same outcome - parameter 9 shows up once it is battery-powered. I even gone extra mile to exclude, reset to factory default (20 seconds click) and include whenever change power-source, just so that whatever residue gets flush out of the ZW100. The ZW100 I have for UAT is running latest firmware 1.6.

There is no mention of FLiRS for this ZW100 in its manual, nor means to toggle between mode. Now that you mention, I am not sure if parameter 9 is for that. Whenever it is on usb-powered, parameter 9 gets a value of 0 for one time and that's it, no more showing up in log (dashboard). But once it is on battery-powered, parameter 9 gets an initial value of 257 for one time, then subsequently whenever motion detected, it will shows up in log with value 256 for every motion detected.

Now that HC2 4.063 Beta is out, I may give it another round of testing before I have to return it to the vendor.

Thanks for elaborating on this! Mine is firmware 1.6 too. The "Engineering Specifications" (the document that describes the parameters) does not mention parameter 9 or 7. There is no way to toggle mode, at least not according to the manual. In my notes of previous tests I wrote "When on batteries you cannot change the parameter 9". That information is not mine, it was reported by user "wienog" who was trying to understand how you can get more frequent sensor reports than once every hour (running on batteries).

I'll try to do some tests today.