Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6

donangelo

Question

Hello

Does the new sensor Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6" work on HC2? I Need a motion sensor for outdoor use, that works fine with HC2

Thank you in Advance

Angelo

Thanks for elaborating on this! Mine is firmware 1.6 too. The "Engineering Specifications" (the document that describes the parameters) does not mention parameter 9 or 7. There is no way to toggle mode, at least not according to the manual. In my notes of previous tests I wrote "When on batteries you cannot change the parameter 9". That information is not mine, it was reported by user "wienog" who was trying to understand how you can get more frequent sensor reports than once every hour (running on batteries).

I'll try to do some tests today.

: )

We are all chipping in efforts to help make our investments work better. Sad to say, Fibaro is not dependable to get things right and focus too much on marketing than actual development or deliver what they have marketed.

Guts feel: Parameter 9 seems to be the key on how ZW100 report whether it is on battery-powered mode or usb-powered mode. May be Fibaro needs to contact Aeon to further understand undocumented specifications such as this one.

@chaicka - now I am totally confused. I took my MultiSensor6, it was excluded months ago, and inserted (fresh) batteries. I added it to my HC2, running 4.063, with all defaults. With a single click of the device button. After that, it took one click (to wake up the device) to get everything right. The device detects motion when I wave my hand. It cancels after 30 seconds, as expected. I see no "parameter 9" in the status window. I probably can make it show that parameter if I include it on USB, then use batteries instead (which is wrong, but possible for testing). But that is not something you are after, is it?

When I remove the batteries, and insert the USB (without doing anything else), I get:

[10:58:57] ID 285: Received parameter 9 report, value = 256

[10:59:46] ID 285: Received parameter 9 report, value = 0

But after that, the device is still working (but which is still wrong to do, the device stays in "battery mode" as far as I know).

It doesn't report that parameter after every movement detected.

I'm going to do more testing.

@chaicka - now I am totally confused. I took my MultiSensor6, it was excluded months ago, and inserted (fresh) batteries. I added it to my HC2, running 4.063, with all defaults. With a single click of the device button. After that, it took one click (to wake up the device) to get everything right. The device detects motion when I wave my hand. It cancels after 30 seconds, as expected. I see no "parameter 9" in the status window. I probably can make it show that parameter if I include it on USB, then use batteries instead (which is wrong, but possible for testing). But that is not something you are after, is it?

When I remove the batteries, and insert the USB (without doing anything else), I get:

[10:58:57] ID 285: Received parameter 9 report, value = 256

[10:59:46] ID 285: Received parameter 9 report, value = 0

But after that, the device is still working (but which is still wrong to do, the device stays in "battery mode" as far as I know).

It doesn't report that parameter after every movement detected.

I'm going to do more testing.

Weird... I performed a factory reset after changing to battery or usb-powered, then include to HC2. As long as it is on battery-powered, parameter 9 keeps popping up for each motion detected. Looks like my HC2 may have some abnormality. I filed a bug, maybe I should drop Fibaro support a mail and see if they are willing to remote into my HC2 and have a look what is causing this different behavior.

MultiSensor 6 ZW100-A,V1.06,US
MultiSensor 6 ZW100-B,V1.06,AU
MultiSensor 6 ZW100-C,V1.06,EU

Fibaro's ZW100 device template states ZW100-A. Does it means not properly supporting those of us using ZW100-C? Hahaha...

Reflashed using Aeon Z-stick Gen 5 twice, just to be certain the firmware was uploaded OTA successfully.

Replace batteries with those that came with the recent purchased FGMS.

Included to HC2 running 4.070.

Same outcome and same behaviour. Same as what Aeon Support/Engineering has reverted with.

Now it is up to Fibaro to work with Aeon on how to deal with parameter 9's reporting and update HC2.

@Fibaro,

It does not even cost your firm anything for the work community users are doing to test out your system. Yet, all we get is constant refusal to accept there is a problem with your system and something your firm can do to improve on your product.

(For those interested, please read comments from Fibaro)

Please login or register to see this link.

I am sure one day some time in the future (maybe not too far in the future), your attitude will be your firm's downfall cause when consumers find a much better and trustworthy replacement, most will ditch and swing in flops, much like the downfall of Nokia and Motorola. Nokia was at one stage having the same attitude as Fibaro's current - refusal to admit or accept there is problem with their product, self-denial and self-feel-good, releasing half-baked products with features that either do not work or keep failing.

@Fibaro,

It does not even cost your firm anything for the work community users are doing to test out your system. Yet, all we get is constant refusal to accept there is a problem with your system and something your firm can do to improve on your product.

(For those interested, please read comments from Fibaro)

Please login or register to see this link.

I am sure one day some time in the future (maybe not too far in the future), your attitude will be your firm's downfall cause when consumers find a much better and trustworthy replacement, most will ditch and swing in flops, much like the downfall of Nokia and Motorola. Nokia was at one stage having the same attitude as Fibaro's current - refusal to admit or accept there is problem with their product, self-denial and self-feel-good, releasing half-baked products with features that either do not work or keep failing.

You will end up on the naughty list

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You will end up on the naughty list

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If a honest heart-felt opinion without abusive words gets me banned, then that speaks so much about the firm.

I have been an 'appreciated' beta testers for many firms of different industries and I still am. It does not hurt me to have one less to beta test for. LOL 

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

Not banne

If a honest heart-felt opinion without abusive words gets me banned, then that speaks so much about the firm.

I have been an 'appreciated' beta testers for many firms of different industries and I still am. It does not hurt me to have one less to beta test for. LOL 

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

Not banned

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i said naughty list to get banned you need to annoy a few dozen sheep before you get banned

If your MultiSensor 6 eats batteries, and you're sure you've included it on batteries, not on USB, then here's an odd thing to try. Insert only one battery, the side of the ribbon. I think I've found an issue when the device switches from one battery to the other, causing extra battery drain. Of course, I might be barking mad, my multimeter may be lying to me, ... I'm running a sensor now on one of two batteries, that were "dead" and made the sensor behave erratically. One was certainly dead (1.8 Volt open circuit). The other is now reporting "empty" but the sensor is clearly reporting motion:

Please login or register to see this code.

MultiSensor 6 ZW100-A,V1.06,US

MultiSensor 6 ZW100-B,V1.06,AU

MultiSensor 6 ZW100-C,V1.06,EU

Fibaro's ZW100 device template states ZW100-A. Does it means not properly supporting those of us using ZW100-C? Hahaha...

It is only a name in interface, If you insist we can change it to ZW-100-X

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Template is universal and works with all three frequencies.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not that interested in aesthetic. Posted because someone mentioned A = EU.

Main thing I am concern is how the device works on HC2. Now that there is two support tickets on both Aeon and Fibaro which I have emailed both parties, it is of the best interest for all Fibaro customers that you work with Aeon to fix this. They have fixed it on Vera and Smart Things.

Is the MultiSensor 6 ZW100-C,V1.06,EU the same as listed in my HC2 w/4.070 as Device type: Aeon MultiSensor 6 ZW-100-

A Version:1.6

? In case please explain the 1.06 versus 1.6 notification as well.

A versus -C means frequency (region) but otherwise identical. A = EU, C = US.

All Z-Wave numbers read as "major dot minor". They do not read as one decimal number, they read as two separate numbers.

So apply that to your "1.06" and "1.6" example. It reads as "one dot zero six" or "one dot six". Major number = 1 and Minor = "06" or "6" = numerically the same. Conclusion, they are the same firmware version. You could say they refer both to the sixth firmware revision.

Peter, clarifying as always! (That said slightly confusing... So for the HC2 we are no on 4.070 eg minor 70 eg ahead of the minor of sw 3.6...)

I say ZW-100 would be better, or may be ZW-100-A/B/C, or has X an official definition in the z-wave nomenclature? 

It will be "ZW-100" in next software version

I also bought a ZW-100 multisensor, can someone please explain me how to get the battery percentage from this device? Or is this not possible at all?