Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6

donangelo

Question

Hello

Does the new sensor Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6" work on HC2? I Need a motion sensor for outdoor use, that works fine with HC2

Thank you in Advance

Angelo

@Fibaro,

The support ticket I have raised with Aeon and cc Fibaro is still awaiting Fibaro's response. Is Fibaro looking into the issue?

Please login or register to see this code.

@Peter,

Would you be able to check what is the serial number of your MS6?

I have gotten 2 more MS6 of latest shipment which I believe manufacturing date should be Dec 2015 if the interpretation of serial number '1552' is 2015 week 52.

01 x Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100) - v1.6 (xxx 2015, SN: A0101153500xxxx)
02 x Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100) - v1.6 (Dec 2015, SN: C010115520018xx)

My serial number, according to the HC2 software, is:

deviceSpecificData": "00000000000000000000000000000000000000",

"deviceSpecificIdType": "Serial Number",

See also bugzilla issue 3801. In that report, Fibaro says they too have "all zeroes" as a serial number.

I've made a quick attempt to open my device, but I didn't succeed. Not convinced that I'm going to find a serial number anyway...

My serial number, according to the HC2 software, is:

deviceSpecificData": "00000000000000000000000000000000000000",

"deviceSpecificIdType": "Serial Number",

See also bugzilla issue 3801. In that report, Fibaro says they too have "all zeroes" as a serial number.

I've made a quick attempt to open my device, but I didn't succeed. Not convinced that I'm going to find a serial number anyway...

Serial number is on the box that comes with it. Did not manage to find it elsewhere (no label within device to state serial number).

The device API shows "deviceSpecificData":"0c000300010106050200000008080200000000" for one of the new MS6 I have gotten but it does not match the serial number on the box.

I've attached a scan of my box... I don't see a serial number...

Please login or register to see this link.

Weird...

Here is mine. And it seems the new batch has the ribbon removed.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Biggest issue for me drives me MAD! Is that stupid GREEN LED!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Going to take a screwdriver to mine and darken them somehow...

On 5-2-2016 at 3:42 PM, chaicka said:

Weird...

Here is mine. And it seems the new batch has the ribbon removed.

Hah! That ribbon is annoying if you put in the batteries, or if it gets stuck in the locking mechanism. But it is a nice thing to have, when you need to remove the batteries. The agony of choice, "to ribbon or not to ribbon"! Of course, the old MultiSensor still has the best battery compartment ever. Just *whack* out the batteries! To try anything else is... pointless!

That LED! Yeah, this product probably has a 32-bit processor but no option to disable it? I've put it my daughters' bedroom and after a few hours she put it backwards on the shelf. I have told here that I was sorry, and that I was "going to Widlarize it" (google it, Bob Widlar was a pioneer in electronic design).

Edit: (a) the Z-Wave chips are 8-bit and (b) Firmware 1.08 Introduces: "New Configuration Setting for LED
- Parameter 81 [1 byte]
- Value = 0 (enable LED when motion/vibration triggered) - Value = 1 (disable LED when motion/vibration triggered)"

Edited by petergebruers

Hah! That ribbon is annoying if you put in the batteries, or if it gets stuck in the locking mechanism. But it is a nice thing to have, when you need to remove the batteries. The agony of choice, "to ribbon or not to ribbon"! Of course, the old MultiSensor still has the best battery compartment ever. Just *whack* out the batteries! To try anything else is... pointless!

That LED! Yeah, this product probably has a 32-bit processor but no option to disable it? I've put it my daughters' bedroom and after a few hours she put it backwards on the shelf. I have told here that I was sorry, and that I was "going to Widlarize it" (google it, Bob Widlar was a pioneer in electronic design).

I have just confirmed that the MS6 sensor (at least the two batches I have tested with) is able to work with only 1 battery inserted (in the slot next to the ribbon or where the ribbon used to be coming out from). That means Peter, you are right that somehow the two batteries actually works more like redundancy/fail-over and not in series.

I am waiting for more confirmation to share new findings.

Its stated somewhere in manual or web as well. That 2nd slot is a secondary battery for longer life. In my case, no matter what I do, device works on battery only for 2-4 days and than its dead. Device removed from system, factory reset, provided new battery, included into system, after 3 days I have dead device. Will have to return it back. 

Its stated somewhere in manual or web as well. That 2nd slot is a secondary battery for longer life. In my case, no matter what I do, device works on battery only for 2-4 days and than its dead. Device removed from system, factory reset, provided new battery, included into system, after 3 days I have dead device. Will have to return it back.

Thank you for confirming this. I think the device stays awake for 10 seconds at each wake up. That would cause roughly 100x more battery consumption than normal. I've reported this to Fibaro. I've tested this device months ago, when firmware support was lacking. I'm quite certain the batteries didn't drain that fast.

i drilled a small hole through the frost hole on the front of the sensor and push a foreign object into the hole to block the light... even if you tape it up the light reflects and the pir dome glows green... now mine shows nothing

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i will not take a hammer to it just yet

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I also spoke to aeon about how crazy it was and they have passed it onto engineering dept... not sure what would be required? firmware fix or redesign (either way i hold no hopes)

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just curious. What is it about the LED light? Isn't the Fibaro FGMS even brighter than this Aeon MS6?

Just curious. What is it about the LED light? Isn't the Fibaro FGMS even brighter than this Aeon MS6?

Yes, but there are parameters to switch it off.

Just received new ms6 today... Boxed different! Central location in box and darker blue packaging

Similar to the photos I posted?

Similar to the photos I posted?

Yes

Hi all

I got MS6 approx 2 weeks ago and still running on batteries without any issues. Showing full battery in control panel.