Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6

donangelo

Question

Hello

Does the new sensor Aeon Labs - Zw100 "multisensor6" work on HC2? I Need a motion sensor for outdoor use, that works fine with HC2

Thank you in Advance

Angelo

Bought this sensor yesterday, is there option how to make motion sensor working?  

Seems to be working in latest beta sw update.

You can see 5 out of 6 sensors and they 4 of themdo work, you cannot change or set parameters at the moment.

Motion works, Temp works, UV does not work, humidity does work, Lux works, Vibration does not work and is not visible.

By trying to change settings or rename the device we are seeing an error code at the moment.

UV also probably works. It's just that the value it displays is the UV index 

Please login or register to see this link.

which means you need actual direct sunlight for it to register. Window glass for instance blocks UV, so indoors you should never see anything other than 0

Im experiencing strange behavior of this multi sensor. Its included in system, everything seems to be working, but after a while sensor stops to send anything towards controller (for the whole night) and since than only manual wake up set the communication again. Sensor is close to the controller. Another thing is, that batteries are gone (after 4 days of operation!). Currently running on USB and its the same. Is it the faulty device, or Im missing something? Didn't change any setting, tried to exclude and include it again, but no success.

So after research on other forums, it seems, that if you add new device to system while its powered by USB, settings are different that if you add it powered by battery. That was my case. To change it, device has to be excluded and added again to system with batteries only. I will give it a try to see if there is a change in battery life.

Please add this device properly it still does not work properly! I am gobsmacked that someone is willing to take the time to update a changelog which probably takes longer than quick testing this device properly...

DEFAULT parameters from devices manual GENERALLY are the best settings to use... don't just make them up!

Please add this device properly it still does not work properly! I am gobsmacked that someone is willing to take the time to update a changelog which probably takes longer than quick testing this device properly...

DEFAULT parameters from devices manual GENERALLY are the best settings to use... don't just make them up!

Could you please point me to the default values? Battery of multisensor is gone again after a week. Any idea where should be the problem?

Could you please point me to the default values? Battery of multisensor is gone again after a week. Any idea where should be the problem?

Please login or register to see this link.

Thank you. I will try to factory restet the device and leave all values to default.

Thank you. I will try to factory restet the device and leave all values to default.

still not working properly on fibaro even with defaults my friend!

no idea because it is so badly implemented into fibaro i gave it 30 mins maximum took the batteries out and put it back in the box! seems to be common practice and saves a fortune on batteries

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

In my case on new FW it was working correctly = reporting humidity, light, UV and motion without problem. But only for a week until battery died. Maybe I made a mistake during inclusion process. I used double click on sensor instead of one = "Send Security Node Info frame".  

In my case on new FW it was working correctly = reporting humidity, light, UV and motion without problem. But only for a week until battery died. Maybe I made a mistake during inclusion process. I used double click on sensor instead of one = "Send Security Node Info frame".  

May I ask if your ZW100 has 5 devices recognised when inclusion to HC2 running 4.062?

Is it using the default template in HC2 4.062?

Mine is not reporting any UV readings and there is no vibration sensor showing in HC2.

See attached file, thats all I see. UV readings, I understand that there is no UV light in case of indoor usage. UV is being filtered over the glass. Other readings seems to be OK, however I can use this sensor on USB power only, because the battery last only for 4-5 days

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

See attached file, thats all I see. UV readings, I understand that there is no UV light in case of indoor usage. UV is being filtered over the glass. Other readings seems to be OK, however I can use this sensor on USB power only, because the battery last only for 4-5 days

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

Here is the ZW100 on HC2 4.062 at the moment, powered via USB.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I guess it is correctly detected/included then. Just curious that Aeon stated 6 sensors and the vibration sensor seems missing (not even hidden in HC2 like how Fibaro FGMS ones are hidden).

I will probably test out powered via batteries in a few days' time.

It was the same when it was included with batteries only.

Hmm, I used this sensor with 2 batteries.

Now 3 weeks after installation battery status looks as on the picture.

Not showing vibration sensor.

HC2 with beta 4.062

6p134l.png

only 5 sensors.

skam84, thanks for sharing. Looks promising with the battery status after 3 weeks.

May I ask if inclusion was done with security-mode (2-click) or non-security-mode (1-click)?

I need this device to be working as some locations (e.g. walk way between living room to bedrooms) are better suited to have this installed flushed into the false ceiling rather than the protruding Fibaro FGMS. That way, it will detect specific movement (e.g. walking underneath it passing from one side to the other).

same battery problem here, 1 to 2 weeks and they're gone..... on USB it works like a charme but on battery's it's crap.

cheers

emiel