Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remote Connection Port Forwarding / SSH

DaveScout

Question

Fibaro technical support asked us to open ports on our sky router to allow them connection in. I'm not sure how they plan on getting through / what exactly they require as it's hard to understand due to the language barrier sometimes?

Can someone possibly talk throught the steps requred to allow remote connection via port forwarding and SSH?

4 answers to this question

It depends on your router, you should forward external ports (any you like) to 22 and 80 ports of HC local address. If you do not feel confident with this procedure you can ask for Team Viewer session.

Can you tell me/us the WAN IP of Fibaro, so when I need support, I can open those port only for your WAN IP?

Ok, but I hope it doesn't delay my support request (another response I have to wait for). At this moment I don't have a case anymore (I assume I don't have that anymore, because I'm waiting for months on a response now, but it's ok, I resetted my whole HC2)